Author Topic: Standard Component Sorting and Standard Component Rename (Size in Tons) v2.1.0  (Read 6396 times)

Offline db48x (OP)

• Commodore
  • d
These two mods update your Aurora 4x database so that sized components have the size in the name, and are sorted by increasing order of size. This is most useful with fuel tanks as it makes reaching a precise fuel value far easier than otherwise, but all sized components benefit. Note that this modifies all games in your save database, as they all share a common list of components.

The mods can be used independently of each other, and in combination with Zap0's Standard Component Rename (values) mod. All three have been specifically designed to be compatible with each other.

Installation

All three mods are available through AuroraLoader, or you can download them directly from my git repositories. Known to be compatible with all versions of C# Aurora before version 1.12.0, and I suspect that it will be compatible with all C# versions of Aurora far into the future. The component id numbers don't ever seem to get reassigned; new features added to the game simply get added to the end of the list.

Screenshots

From left to right: Size in Tons, Sorting, and both installed together.

Changelog

v0.0: April 20, 2020

This all started with a post here on the Aurora forum where TMaekler asked if this was possible. My reply was a shell script that accomplished this for a handful of components.

v1.0: August 22, 2020

Published via AuroraLoader with the majority of the components renamed.

v1.1: October 24, 2020

Renamed ECM, ECCM, and Jump Point Stabilisation Modules.

v2.0: October 30, 2020

Split and rereleased as the Standard Component Sorting and Standard Component Rename (Size in Tons) mods, now compatible with all three Standard Component rename mods.

v2.1: November 6, 2020

Bumped the version number in order to ensure that it gets installed from the new release zip file.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 07:34:29 AM by db48x »

The following users thanked this post: MinuteMan, serger, Warer, skoormit, Mint Keyphase

Offline mobirae

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
Does this get installed permanently? I ran the game with this turned on and then the next game without but it's still putting in the subscript?

Offline db48x (OP)

• Commodore
  • d
It's not clear from your question exactly which scenario you're asking about, but in both cases the answer is yes.

This mod affects all saves in the same database. This is because Aurora has only one table that stores the names of these components, and it's shared between saves.

The other scenario is where you launch the game with the mod checked in AuroraLoader, then don't have it checked in AuroraLoader the next time you launch it. The mod will still be present, because AuroraLoader doesn't uninstall the mod when you leave it unchecked. Instead, it actually uninstalls the mod when it _is_ checked, and then reinstalls it. This is purely to handle upgrades, rather than actually uninstalling the mod. Thankfully this happens very quickly, and so it doesn't make the game noticeably slower to start.

Offline Cristo

• Chief Petty Officer
Could you please spell out how to apply this without using AuroraLoader? I've downloaded the files from your git and tried running the .sh while they are in my Aurora file but that seemed to have no effect.

Thanks! Great mod :) enjoyed it when I was using Loader a lot.

The following users thanked this post: largotuek, Snoman314

Offline Mint Keyphase

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Is it compatible with AuroraPatch?

Online Zap0

• Captain

Yes, as it's just an SQL script that edits some static component names.

The following users thanked this post: Mint Keyphase

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.

Yes, as it's just an SQL script that edits some static component names.

Note that it may be slightly out of date, as a few fixed components have been added over time and a couple of the existing ones have been modified, for example the Boat Bays are 262.5 and 52.5 tons now and the Fighter MSP storage is 0.5 tons.

Offline Mint Keyphase

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
I'm super impressed that these mods work even after so many save-breaking changes and no maintenance!

Which file(s) should be included in the zip file for AuroraPatch to run it?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 11:27:49 PM by Mint Keyphase »

Online Zap0

• Captain
included in the what? I don't know how Aurora patch works. You have to run the sql scripts against the database somehow, for instance by loading them into a db manager like dbeaver.

My version had a scripted install/uninstall as well where you just needed to download a command line tool. I don't really remember what the differences between db48x and my version of the size display script were.

Also what Slurpee said about the scripts being outdated - I'll see if I can't get around to updating and posting a new version this weekend.

edit: Here was my repo of the script that was compatible with OPs: Aurora Component Values

That's different from the Rename Component Sizes script, which isn't compatible with the scripts this thread is about but does a similar thing.

edit2: I went and updated the standalone script in the last link for 2.3+
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 06:58:10 AM by Zap0 »

The following users thanked this post: Mint Keyphase