Author Topic: Ground combat - morale, organization and training level  (Read 6166 times)

Offline misanthropope

• Lt. Commander
  • m
Re: Ground combat - morale, organization and training level
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2023, 01:07:32 PM »
definitely would need to reduce hit points in addition to armor.  many quality designs rely on a combination of evasion and hit points for survival as armor is expensive and those things are free.  cap or hcap light vehicles are already quite strong among attacking options, and multiplying their survival by a factor of nearly ten for a cost increase of (presumably) 100% would revolutionize ground combat.

despite the elegance of the suggestion, it seems to me that many unintended consequences would be avoided at a small cost in effort if the more prosaic approach of simply defining one or a few "aerospace" unit types were taken instead.

Offline TurielD

• Petty Officer
  • T
Re: Ground combat - morale, organization and training level
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2023, 01:25:36 PM »
despite the elegance of the suggestion, it seems to me that many unintended consequences would be avoided at a small cost in effort if the more prosaic approach of simply defining one or a few "aerospace" unit types were taken instead.

Everything has unintended consequences, that's the nature of Aurora.

Anyways, I think its worth making its own thread, so I'll do that to stop derailing this one quite so badly. My apologies to Garfunkel