Author Topic: Does anybody else feel that refueling/resupplying has become too complicated?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Sarganto (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Hey guys,

First of all, I need to say that I am loving C# so far.
However after playing around a bit, I have become quite frustrated with the way that refueling on the go works now, as well as resupplying missiles on the go.
I feel like a lot of control has been lost and the process itself has become more involved, which means way more micromanagement. I also can't load old or different types of missiles into ships anymore or distribute them the way I would like to.

Is anyone else having these thoughts or am I maybe missing some way where I can control what is happening during refueling/resupplying?

The following users thanked this post: Kytuzian, SultanPepper

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
I think mostly what is lost is leeway. You have to plan things out ahead of time more, and if a situation comes up you arn't prepared for, you will be unable to cope with it as readily by shifting stuff around. An easy example is a ship running out of fuel, whether through a mistake or battle damage. You can't just refuel it with any other ship.

I haven't done much missile resupplying yet, but note that you can set tankers to refuel only their subfleet.  There's also a few settings for parasite rearming that I haven't messed with since I only have 1 missile type atm.

edit: To be clear, I was discounting stuff like the Missile Series function, since I assume that sort of thing is slated to be brought back at some point. Was only trying to discuss the new mechanics.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:19:12 AM by TheDeadlyShoe »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
I also can't load old or different types of missiles into ships anymore or distribute them the way I would like to.

You can set individual standard loadout for each ship if needed.

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
One thing I do miss is the 'Missile Series/Families'. Any chance of these coming back Steve?

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
There's some automation to be ironed out for sure but for the situations that it works it does create rather interesting problems to solve with fleet logistics.

So for me I'm liking it right now

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
I think some of the old VB mechanics would be good to re-add. For example, I have a group of gas harvesters, and I'm building new ones constantly. They're all set up as tankers, and have refuelling modules. But the ones that have spent more time on station keep filling up more, and I don't know how to equalize fuel between them so that it can avoid having a couple of them hit 100% while others are at 12%. I tried experimenting with refuel fleet commands, but it just moved the top two on the list from 50%/50% full to 10%/90% full. (I suspect that I can start actively tweaking the minimum loadouts on each class, and that'd help a lot, but it's a pain in the neck).

Get that stuff sorted out, and I'm less worried about the new mechanics.

The following users thanked this post: Mailo, JuergenSchT, SultanPepper, Napier