Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 89916 times)

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2021, 04:05:45 PM »
Civilian Shipping Contracts are overfilling.

After a civilian ship loads an installation at the supply location, the "Assigned" amount of the demand contract reduces by 1.
If a new supply contract for this installation is created before this ship finishes unloading at the destination, the civvies will use that supply to fulfill the original demand contract again.
This can happen over and over for a single demand contract.
A civ ship will eventually deliver the installation, causing that demand contract to be deleted. But all the others en route will finish their delivery.

Steps to reproduce:

0) Ensure that a shipping company exists and that no supply or demand contracts currently exist.
1) Create a supply contract for 1 installation at Colony A (make sure Colony A has at least 1 such installation).
2) Create a demand contract for 1 of the same installation at Colony B (must be in same system as Colony A, or a jumpgate route must exist from A to B).
3) Advance time until a civilian freighter has been assigned to deliver the installation. Note that the "Assigned" amount has changed to 1 for both the supply and the demand contract.
4) Advance time until the civilian freighter has finished loading the installation at Colony A and begun moving to B. Note that the supply contract has disappeared, and the "Assigned" amount has changed back to 0 for the demand contract.
5) Create a new supply contract for 1 of the same installation at Colony A. Do not create any matching demand contract.
6) Advance time. If/when a civilian freighter becomes available before the original freighter has unloaded the installation at B, the newly available freighter will be assigned to deliver the installation from A to B. The supply and demand contract "Assigned" amounts will change to 1 and the ship will move to A, load the installation (which reduces the "Assigned" amount on the demand contract back to 0), and begin moving to B.
7) If you like, go back to step 5 and do it again. See how many civvies you can get loaded up before the original freighter finally delivers the installation.

Any luck with this one? It greatly hampers the use of civilian shipping contracts. I'm happy to test specific scenarios if that helps track it down.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:34:05 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2021, 08:12:58 PM »
After a bit of testing, I can conclude that "Generate non-TN races only" setting straight up does not work in 1,13.
I checked NPRs that are generated at the start of the game and later tested NPRs that are generated with exploration. In both cases, NPRs have TN tech, build ships, research tech, create colonies, explore and so on. They do not even start with Conventional Industries - everything is already converted.
At first I thought that NPRs might wrongly receive and use instant research and build points. After further testing I can say NPRs are generated with TN tech because logs do not have a TN research message (as opposed to any other research being logged, both normal and instant). Because they are not generated as conventional, they receive their normal instant research and build points and immediately spend them and operate as normal post-TN NPR.
Some people told me that conventional NPRs are lobotomized because they have no conventional logic implemented (and lack of logic is the same reason for TN NPRs having hardcoded instant research points), but then why have the "Generate non-TN races only" option at all if it won't function as many players expect it to function? IMO it should either be removed completely, or it is time to make it work.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:34:55 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2021, 03:21:03 AM »
Reassign a new governor or any official to the same position will generate infinite logs of the same content

I am sure I have already reported this in the past as well as this is an old one, which before automatic assignments it was still possible to avoid, however, every time you multiple-click on reassign, or you run a new assignment and the governor does not change you will end up facing it.

Clicking on Reassign on auto or manual multiple times

Clicking on reassign auto after a few years

SJW: Added code to prevent a commander being assigned to their existing role
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:10:00 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2021, 06:55:34 AM »
Reassign a new governor or any official to the same position will generate infinite logs of the same content

Just to clarify, you mean the bug happens when assigning a commander to the role they already occupy?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2021, 12:11:53 PM »
While dragging weapons to Directors it is possible to create a serious error. I believe I did this when I accidentally dragged a fire director onto another Beam fire director which somehow froze Aurora it created the following error series on loading again
Now when I go to the ship combat window for any ship not just the ship I was on or its class I get the following error
Function #2147 The Given Key was not present in the directory
then on clicking ok
Function #463 The Given Key was not present in the directory
clicking ok ends the errors but gives a blank ship combat window.
Following this clicking on a different ship gives
#357 The Given Key was not present in the directory
and still a blank Ship Combat screen

Edit The bug seems to persist in previous saved DB's

SJW: Unable to reproduce.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:09:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
Game: TN Start
Stars: Random
Decimal Seperator: Period
Reproducibility: Everytime I save.
Campaign Length: 6.5 years
Mods or DB changes: None

I started a new game on 1.13.0, after replacing the .exe and .db file from my 1.12.0 install. Felt bold and started the game with 3 NPRs at game start. Been playing for a few years, mostly just teching up, when I started getting a lot of 5 second increments due to NPR actions. I opened the database using Valentina Studio 11 to read the event log since designer mode isn't available in C#, and saw it looked like an NPR race was slowly getting their homeworld glassed by beam weapons, so I returned to the game without modifying the DB. I set sub-pulse length to Auto and then did automated turns for awhile until the NPR finished their combat and I could successfully get 5 day turn lengths as I resumed teching up and expanding mining operations in my home system.

Since then, every time I save, saving game has taken a few minutes. During saving, on around 3 separate occasions I'll get about 5 repeating pop ups stating "1.13.0 Function #3239: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Saving appears to eventually complete successfully, but I have to keep checking back in to get through the error boxes so the saving process can continue. I attached a screenshot of the error and my AuroraDB. Game name is "1.13."

SJW: Fixed the #3239 error for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:35:56 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Demetrious

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2021, 02:05:40 PM »
Being fired upon by STO units only doesn't seem to flag a race as hostile. This isn't a problem for the player, as they can do it manually, but it does make NPR's unable to fight back.

The cheeky boys colonized the moon of my colony in Alpha Centauri. Set the "Cronulla Star Empire" hostile and watch the fireworks fly; the STOs are already set to shoot. Oddly enough when I sent that fleeing lifeboat back to drop my scuttled diplo station's survivors off, the planet's STOs lit THAT up, but were not flagged as hostile and are not responding to my own bombardment.

Save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e3cr7jlttospgnv/AuroraDB_-_aliens_won%2527t_fire.db/file

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2021, 02:55:44 PM »
Are normal NPRs supposed to know the secrets of "Swarm Extraction Module"? I got this upon capturing an NPR's homeworld. This is the NPR that originally spawned at game start.

I mean, it's kinda neat from an RP perspective. Maybe their backstory is they were performing experiments on the Swarm.... or maybe they are, in fact, the progenitors of the Swarm as a genetic project gone wrong?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:58:39 PM by Ancalagon »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »

Just to clarify, you mean the bug happens when assigning a commander to the role they already occupy?

Correct

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2021, 05:29:35 PM »

I started a new game on 1.13.0, after replacing the .exe and .db file from my 1.12.0 install. Felt bold and started the game with 3 NPRs at game start. Been playing for a few years, mostly just teching up, when I started getting a lot of 5 second increments due to NPR actions. I opened the database using Valentina Studio 11 to read the event log since designer mode isn't available in C#, and saw it looked like an NPR race was slowly getting their homeworld glassed by beam weapons, so I returned to the game without modifying the DB. I set sub-pulse length to Auto and then did automated turns for awhile until the NPR finished their combat and I could successfully get 5 day turn lengths as I resumed teching up and expanding mining operations in my home system.

Since then, every time I save, saving game has taken a few minutes. During saving, on around 3 separate occasions I'll get about 5 repeating pop ups stating "1.13.0 Function #3239: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Saving appears to eventually complete successfully, but I have to keep checking back in to get through the error boxes so the saving process can continue. I attached a screenshot of the error and my AuroraDB. Game name is "1.13."

Ended up having to abandon this game, game saving continued to take longer and longer with more of the Function #3239 errors; last attempt took ~15 minutes. Game is also stuck in permanent 2 hour time pulses, as best I can tell in the game log this is due to NPR fleets unable to complete their standing orders and/or NPR civilian shipping unable to load structures for requested shipments. Final DB attached.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:47 AM »
On the Select Alien Class Hull window, that comes up when you press the Set Class Hull button, on the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window, these is an extra checkbox with the text: "Set all Formations with Same Template at Same Population".

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:03:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2021, 04:21:54 AM »
This has been around for a while, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen it reported:

If I use the Civilian Economy tab of the Economies window to set my capital to supply a quantity of an installation, and then set multiple demands at different colonies that add up to the same quantity, I always end up with some colonies getting more than they ask for, and others getting less or none.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:45:32 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2021, 06:11:37 AM »
Quote from: Remilian link=topic=12522. msg151290#msg151290 date=1620436378
After a bit of testing, I can conclude that "Generate non-TN races only" setting straight up does not work in 1,13. 
I checked NPRs that are generated at the start of the game and later tested NPRs that are generated with exploration.  In both cases, NPRs have TN tech, build ships, research tech, create colonies, explore and so on.  They do not even start with Conventional Industries - everything is already converted. 
At first I thought that NPRs might wrongly receive and use instant research and build points.  After further testing I can say NPRs are generated with TN tech because logs do not have a TN research message (as opposed to any other research being logged, both normal and instant).  Because they are not generated as conventional, they receive their normal instant research and build points and immediately spend them and operate as normal post-TN NPR. 
Some people told me that conventional NPRs are lobotomized because they have no conventional logic implemented (and lack of logic is the same reason for TN NPRs having hardcoded instant research points), but then why have the "Generate non-TN races only" option at all if it won't function as many players expect it to function? IMO it should either be removed completely, or it is time to make it work.
Forgot to say what the issue amounts to: if you want to start as conventional then there is no way to make NPR conventional, so you are forced to generate 0 at start and rely only on exploration generation, because if you don't - then you get absolutely steamrolled by the starting NPR due to progress difference. At low research speed games you likely won't even end your conventional era by the time NPR finds and exterminates you.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2021, 06:59:46 AM »

Ended up having to abandon this game, game saving continued to take longer and longer with more of the Function #3239 errors; last attempt took ~15 minutes. Game is also stuck in permanent 2 hour time pulses, as best I can tell in the game log this is due to NPR fleets unable to complete their standing orders and/or NPR civilian shipping unable to load structures for requested shipments. Final DB attached.

#3239 is saving installations in cargo. The object reference error might be caused by trying to save cargo that originated in a population that no longer exists. I'll add some code to handle that. In the meantime, the workaround would be to delete records from the FCT_ShipCargo table that have a cargo type of 2.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2021, 07:19:34 AM »
I checked NPRs that are generated at the start of the game and later tested NPRs that are generated with exploration. In both cases, NPRs have TN tech, build ships, research tech, create colonies, explore and so on. They do not even start with Conventional Industries - everything is already converted.
At first I thought that NPRs might wrongly receive and use instant research and build points. After further testing I can say NPRs are generated with TN tech because logs do not have a TN research message (as opposed to any other research being logged, both normal and instant). Because they are not generated as conventional, they receive their normal instant research and build points and immediately spend them and operate as normal post-TN NPR.

Non-TN doesn't mean conventional. It means pre-industrial (as per the tooltip) and only for non-starting races. You are correct though that it isn't working, so I have fixed that for v1.14.