Author Topic: v2.2.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 64993 times)

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
Re: v2.2.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #510 on: November 07, 2023, 03:00:54 PM »
Let's see... the rule is add one month per person asking, so that's 2 more months added. Hmm... probably going to come out about the same time Star Citizen goes into release.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #511 on: November 07, 2023, 04:18:13 PM »
Let's see... the rule is add one month per person asking, so that's 2 more months added. Hmm... probably going to come out about the same time Star Citizen goes into release.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #512 on: November 07, 2023, 05:58:35 PM »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #513 on: November 07, 2023, 11:40:43 PM »
This is nasty!

Sarah disapproves!
Vasco ... well it does not care.
Karlach disapproves!
Astarion approves!

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2023, 02:15:17 AM »

There is a line below your post saying you develop with Unity, did any of the recent drama with Unity change that? I know a few people who are indy game devs and some of them decided to spend the time to convert from Unity to another engine.

If we all asked Steve when the update was coming out every day for a year, we could delay until Star Citizen is finished. I think it's coming out in 3455.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2023, 03:31:25 AM »
Relax guys, I asked just because Steve had set October/November as possible deadline. I now prefer to wait for the new update before starting a new campaign, I want use the new options from the beginning, rather then messing up in the middle  ;)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2023, 04:11:59 AM »
I'm back in the motorhome on Nov 22nd for a couple of weeks, so unless it happens before then, which is unlikely, it will be late December at the earliest and probably early 2024. The good news is that I am playtesting a lot at the moment, but still finding occasional bugs, and that my intention is to release when ready rather than add more significant content.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, vorpal+5, Bremen, Garfunkel, Black, Aloriel, mpf0214, BAGrimm, BigBacon, Snoman314, nuclearslurpee

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2023, 04:22:36 AM »
Grouping Wrecks

I've added an option for v2.2 to group wrecks in the same way as contacts, as shown below. This screenshot is the result of two alien races having a disagreement over their shared home world.
Really happy for this addition! Viewing a system with a lot of wrecks at the same location or near each other gets bit annoying.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2023, 04:52:44 AM »
Grouping Wrecks

I've added an option for v2.2 to group wrecks in the same way as contacts, as shown below. This screenshot is the result of two alien races having a disagreement over their shared home world.
Really happy for this addition! Viewing a system with a lot of wrecks at the same location or near each other gets bit annoying.

In my playtest game, I found two races with the same home world. Eventually, they started a war across the entire system and left almost four hundred wrecks. I am conducting salvage operations, while fighting off what remains of both sides. Wreck grouping was required to keep me sane :)

The following users thanked this post: stabliser, villaincomer

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2023, 06:25:53 AM »
In my playtest game, I found two races with the same home world.

That's an option?! How often is that likely to occur? Are special circumstances required?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2023, 07:59:28 AM »
In my playtest game, I found two races with the same home world.

That's an option?! How often is that likely to occur? Are special circumstances required?

Its rare, but it can happen as part of normal system generation. There is also an extremely rare chance of three races on the same home world.

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2023, 11:07:15 AM »
I'm guessing the latest change to event loading means the old method of DB editing to de-bloat the save file is no longer necessary.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2023, 11:51:36 AM »
Is it possible to have the DB create a separate file with all the events when it does housekeeping? Or having a storage file it adds to when it does housekeeping?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2023, 03:02:29 PM »
I'm guessing the latest change to event loading means the old method of DB editing to de-bloat the save file is no longer necessary.

There is already is a cut-off at two years. This is adding an absolute limit rather than just time.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #524 on: November 08, 2023, 03:07:57 PM »
When a game loads, a maximum of 10,000 past events will be loaded ...
How much it could be difficult to set this value each time?
If I reload a match after some days not playing, I confess I don't remember the details of what happened.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 03:09:34 PM by paolot »