Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91746 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2021, 09:12:17 AM »
Setting a former player faction as a NPR is expressly not supported, per Steve. As I understand it, there is a lot of AI logic that gets lost when a NPR is "created" from a player race which will almost certainly break the game.

Even turning a NPR into a player race is not supported but it is less likely to break the game at least in theory.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2021, 05:03:50 PM »
When transferring ground elements between formations, you can put in ANY number and it will add that many to the "To" formation and subtract that number from the "From" formation. This means you can create an infinite amount of troops, but that's player self-policed (no different than using SM mode to cheat). The potentially bigger problem is I don't know what happens when -4 units of rifleman attempt to participate in combat.

Easy to reproduce, just try transferring more troops than you have.

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2021, 05:13:41 PM »
Bug: When a cloaking device is destroyed the size of the ship on active contacts remains the same as if it still had a cloaking device
(edited: Removed sensitive info from ongoing duel at request)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:11:39 PM by Lord Solar »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2021, 08:07:22 PM »
Bug: Upon system generation, received a series of four distinct error codes which repeated in cycle around a dozen times.

Unfortunately, I did not have the presence of mind to write them down as they happened, but I think two of them were #222 and #224. The other two were four-digit numbers beginning with '2'.

Checking the DB immediately after this indicates that a NPR and a Rakhas race both generated on the same body of the same system, which may be the cause of the error or be related.

Database is attached, I do not recall modding this database except for changing the engine tech names to match the planned 1.14/2.0 techs.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #514 on: October 01, 2021, 10:34:33 PM »
I am not sure if already said or if it is something that just happened to me, but I started multiple games and still seeing the issue, so I am reporting.

When awarding a Medal, I cannot see the Ribbon next to the list anymore. I use to award the medal right away, now I need to read through the list.

That is how I noticed.

Unless my mind starts to imagine features...

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2021, 08:38:09 PM »
I have no idea how this happened, but I somehow lost a jump point. I'm currently in the middle of grav-surveying one system and at the same time I have a ship surveying the next system in the chain. On the tactical map and the system display I can see the jump point from the second system into the first, but not from the first system into the second. This must have occurred recently, because otherwise I don't know how I could've gotten my survey ship into the second system. Jumping back from the second system into the first drops my ship at the right point in space without revealing the jump point. Using SM mode to completely survey the first system fixes the problem and reveals the jump point.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #516 on: October 09, 2021, 07:44:21 PM »
 --- A simple error to reproduce; this one affects 25-Ton craft. Namely, in the Fleet Organization window if you select a 25 Ton craft (0.5HS) it throws an error. The error in question reads: "1.13.0 Function #2801: Attempted to divide by zero."

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2021, 07:31:31 AM »
Moving research facilities typically auto-adjusts the number of labs assigned downward, but somehow in the process of moving all of my labs off Earth, I now have a project with 1 lab assigned but my research labs available line says -1 at the bottom of the screenshot attached. It's possible this happened because I had more than one fleet with an order to pick up labs from Earth, or it may just be a bug in how removal of labs and impact on your research queue works when you get to zero labs left.

Edit: It also looks like you can continue to add negative labs and fill up your queue with as many labs as your scientist can hold (obviously not WAI).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:34:13 AM by nakorkren »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #518 on: October 14, 2021, 10:10:14 AM »
I've poked around with the options to auto-research techs and auto-design ships and ground units on startup, which to my knowledge uses the same logic that the NPRs use on creation to assign techs and designs to a player race. I've noticed some interesting quirks which could be considered bugs, certainly if a player uses this option they will get some unexpected results:
  • It looks like Troop Transport Drop Bay - Large is researched without the base Drop Bay tech or the preceding tech for non-drop bays.
  • Heavy Vehicle Armour is researched, but not the Heavy Vehicle base type, so the Armour tech is useless.
  • Construction Equipment is not researched, but VEH+2xCON units are created and integrated into most formations if you check the box to have ground units auto-designed.
  • The LVH+LOG ground unit is named "Resupply Infantry", which duplicates the name of the INF+LOG-S unit and is very misleading.
  • Fuel Efficiency techs are ignored. I suspect this is a holdover from when NPRs did not use fuel at all, but it really should be included in the tech progression.
  • ECM and ECCM are researched without developing the Electronic Warfare prereq tech.
None of these appears to be a game-breaking bug, as the NPR tech progression does not depend on these being corrected in any meaningful way, however for a player using the automatic options these are confusing and unhelpful errors to deal with in many cases. I also suspect that the Heavy Armour and Fuel Efficiency could be fixed to slightly improve NPR performance.

Additionally, I have previously mentioned a ship design error where "jump" ships will be designed without a jump drive if the NPR generates with too low of a tech level to have jump drive techs. I did not observe that error in this little experiment but I feel it is worth re-mentioning as it fits this topic.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #519 on: October 15, 2021, 04:31:10 AM »
Immortal defender
After extensive fighting the defenders of a homeworld have been reduced to 1 infantry , who after about 45 days can neither be attacked nor does he attack, but while he exists the planet cannot be conquered.
Could not manage to attach the database file
edit
went back to a save game prior to the invasion and was able to conquer the planet
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 05:47:09 AM by Andrew »

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #520 on: October 15, 2021, 08:43:39 AM »
Maybe it is not a bug; might be an unintended feature.

Beam weapons do not have the same number of caliber techs. Lasers have more than particle beams, which have more than rail guns. The consequence of that is, that the maximum racial ground attack capabilities you can achieve differ widely depending on your choice of beam weapon. For rail guns this damage value is 30, while it is 36 for particle beams and 45 for lasers.

Offline Fistandantillus7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
« Reply #521 on: October 18, 2021, 09:33:48 AM »
The function number:
The complete error text:

#1170 Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.
#3056 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
#3060 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The window affected:
What you were doing at the time:

Start the game. #1170 appears. Click it away and main screen loads but with white instead of the blue Sol System map; #3056 appears. Hold down enter key to dismiss many repeated #3056. Blue Sol System map appears and error changes to #3060. Hold down enter key and keep it down. At some point error changes back to #3056. Eventually the event messages appear in the top left. Keep that enter key down! When the Economics window appears, lift finger. Trying to do anything will bring back the endless errors.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy. Happens every time.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 50 or 55 years

This happened to me (#?) days ago as well, but I rolled back and kept playing.

15minutegamer on April 24, 2020 — v1.8.0 Bugs Thread
Hastermain on May 02, 2020 — v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
theplahunter on May 04, 2020 — v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
brevduva on January 05, 2021 — Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread

Offline Fistandantillus7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
« Reply #522 on: October 18, 2021, 09:34:43 AM »
The function number:
The complete error text:

Function #41: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected:
What you were doing at the time:

Started when or soon after game spawned the Härjedalen Kingdom NPC/NPR/NPE on entering a new system. Click to start time progressing and error pops up. Click OK and the game progresses. Sometimes error will pop up on a sub-pulse. If there is a diplomacy event message when time stops, half the event messages will display then the error will pop up; dismissing the error will display the diplomacy event message followed by other messages. No diplomacy event message, no error. Click to start time progressing and error pops up... and repeat as before.
Diplomacy with all/any of the aliens seems unaffected and when the error first occurred it had been several hours since I had last saved so I decided to live with it.
I no longer have an error free backup.
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy. Happens every time.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 50 or 55 years

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #523 on: October 19, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
Microwave weapons sometimes seem to hit multiple fire controls at once. Twice now I've gotten events reading "Total Hits 1, Penetrating Hits 1, Components Hit 6" which doesn't seem right.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #524 on: October 19, 2021, 04:28:37 PM »
Microwave weapons sometimes seem to hit multiple fire controls at once. Twice now I've gotten events reading "Total Hits 1, Penetrating Hits 1, Components Hit 6" which doesn't seem right.
What is the HTK of the fire controls being hit? One 1 damage hit can destroy an infinite amount of HTK 0 components.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee, ISN