Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 21851 times)

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »
Ok thanks, is there a way to make the game pick random names for classes rather than alphabetical ones?

Press Select Name, go to the theme you want, then close your eyes and start clicking until you get a name you're happy with.

(No, not yet)

Offline theplahunter

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2020, 09:36:48 AM »
The function number 1170 on Startup, 3060 when attempting to open a system with a terraformed planet.   When not checking a terraformed system it still gives 3060 errors when opening the system body screen,
The complete error text Function #1170: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types | Function #3060: Object reference not set to an instance of an object | #3056 when switching to a system that is not terraformed, not checking the generation and display. 
The window affected: Tactical map, System bodies map. 
What you were doing at the time: Initially I was just starting up the game, when I got the Function 1170 error.   And then when the game loads, it gives me #3060 errors, especially when I try to open the system bodies page for my terraformed star system, which then gives infinite #3060 errors, which forces me to shut down my game.   
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No, it's a period.   I checked and it didn't change to that. 
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? So far it's only happened on this save, and every time I re-launch it happens.  When starting a new save, and restarting my game, the launch error does not happen.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well It is a 17 year campaign so far. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:40:35 AM by theplahunter »

Offline Shodan13

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=11231. msg130684#msg130684 date=1588602076
Quote from: Shodan13 link=topic=11231. msg130671#msg130671 date=1588600895
Ok thanks, is there a way to make the game pick random names for classes rather than alphabetical ones?

Press Select Name, go to the theme you want, then close your eyes and start clicking until you get a name you're happy with.

(No, not yet)
Thanks, that's what I've been doing.

Offline JANXOL

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2020, 10:08:00 AM »
This is the third time I am posting this issue, as it still is present in 1. 9. 4 for me.  I also dont know how to use this forum so i was unable to see if I ever got a response on the previous threads as I'm not correctly notified by email and the posts get lost. 
So:
I have encountered a bug with PPV calculations.   It first started happening in 1.  6, but I thought i misunderstand the mechanics.   After talking to people on discord, apparently it is a bug.

I have designed a ship which shows a PPV of 36.   A fleet of 6 of them provides 32PPV total.   No components are damaged, the ships are less than two months old.   Removing one ship from the fleet results in a PPV of 27.   The colony view also shows protection of 32, but clearly that doesn't correspond to 6*36.  12 ships result in PPV of 65.
My decimal separator is a ". "

Also, what do I need to do to be notified of replies to my posts (not the thread in general).

Code: [Select]
Hatsuharu class Missile Boat      996 tons       22 Crew       143.3 BP       TCS 20    TH 88    EM 0
4394 km/s      Armour 1-8       Shields 0-0       HTK 8      Sensors 6/4/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 36
Maint Life 7.44 Years     MSP 84    AFR 16%    IFR 0.2%    1YR 3    5YR 40    Max Repair 43.75 MSP
Magazine 36   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months    Morale Check Required   

Xiao Aero Engines M-INPE-5-175  EP87.50 (1)    Power 87.5    Fuel Use 401.06%    Signature 87.5    Explosion 17%
Fuel Capacity 100 000 Litres    Range 4.5 billion km (11 days at full power)

Yamamoto-Matsuki SSN-6-1 "Toge" Missile Launcher (6)     Missile Size: 6    Hangar Reload 122 minutes    MF Reload 20 hours
Hicks-Stevens FC45-R100-0.8 Missile Fire Control (1)     Range 45.9m km    Resolution 100
Yamamoto-Matsuki SSN-6-1 "Toge" Anti-Ship Missile (6)    Speed: 14 933 km/s    End: 50.3m     Range: 45.1m km    WH: 4    Size: 6    TH: 104/62/31

Hicks-Stevens AS-1B S128-2.5-R100-40M Sensor Array (1)     GPS 3000     Range 40.6m km    Resolution 100
Parker Electronics R-1 EM8-0.5 Warning Receiver (1)     Sensitivity 4     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  15.8m km
Gadgil-Asani TH1.0-6 Thermal Sensor (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19.4m km

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
Jump Point exploration is very clearly not creating the expected number of links to existing systems.
I made a non-known stars game with max systems = 1000, local chance = 95% and spread = 5.
I used SM to perform full grav surveys, then explored each new jump point with a fleet.
I continued until I had explored to a distance of 4 jumps from Sol.

The results:
41 systems explored.
Exactly two of those had links to existing systems.
Both of those links led back to the system that had originally led into that system.

Also of note:
After the naming theme runs out of names, the usage of the "System #X" template has problems.
The value of X is always either very close to 0, or very close to 1000, and in many cases the same X is used for multiple systems.
Of the 24 systems with this name template, there are only 15 distinct names. Here are the values of X:
0 0 0
3 3
5 5 5
990 990
997 997 997
998 998

A cursory examination of the database indicates that these values of X match the system number for these systems.
From this data, I think that this is what is happening:
When a link to a local system is generated, the SystemNumber is correctly selected at random from within the specified local range.
If that SystemNumber matches an existing number, the code makes a new system with the same number instead of linking to the existing system.
The exception to this is when the SystemNumber matches a system that the current system already has a link to, in which case a new link is created, resulting in a double link between the systems.

DB is attached.

TN start
Random Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy

I cannot say I fully understand what is going on with the SystemNumbers here, but seems like something Steve should have a look at so moving to confirmed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »
Spacemaster-adding an NPR to a body in the system view modifies the body's minerals even if the operation is cancelled.

Reproduction steps:

Enter spacemaster mode.
Open the system view.
Click a surveyed world with no minerals.
Click "Create Race".
Click "Cancel".
Observe the mineral window. The world will now have home world-level minerals.

This appears to work for all body types, including gas giants.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:28:52 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2020, 11:26:34 AM »
The "Keep Tactical in Background" checkbox is not saved.

In tactical (system) screen in the display tab.

Easy to reproduce:
1. Open game
2. Enable the "Keep Tactical in Background"
3. Save game
4. Close game
5. Reopen game

The "Keep Tactical in Background" in now disabled

At least some other buttons are saved ("events" and in contacts tab "civilians"), but have not done more major testing

Version 1.9.4

Edit: All potential bugs should have been replied to until here including this one. Leaving this as a bugmod marker for now /Bughunter
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:29:05 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical
What you were doing at the time: Processing turns
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce?: No
Campaign length: 45 Years

I uploaded a 15 sec video:

I don't know if this is a bug or just some weird glitch, but
one of my civilian ships appears to be stuck on a jump-gate.
It keeps jumping between the 2 systems connected by the jump-gate.

Edit: I just deleted the ship and there was an other ship with the same problem, so it's 2 affected ships.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:01:42 PM by Bubbaisagod »

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2020, 12:01:39 PM »
The window affected: Tactical
What you were doing at the time: Processing turns
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce?: No
Campaign length: 45 Years

I uploaded a 15 sec video:

I don't know if this is a bug or just some weird glitch, but
one of my civilian ships appears to be stuck on a jump-gate.
It keeps jumping between the 2 systems connected by the jump-gate.

Thank you for the report, this bug is already confirmed and has been sent to steve, but thank you for the report nonetheless

The following users thanked this post: Bubbaisagod

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2020, 12:25:02 PM »
This is the third time I am posting this issue, as it still is present in 1. 9. 4 for me.  I also dont know how to use this forum so i was unable to see if I ever got a response on the previous threads as I'm not correctly notified by email and the posts get lost. 
So:
I have encountered a bug with PPV calculations.   It first started happening in 1.  6, but I thought i misunderstand the mechanics.   After talking to people on discord, apparently it is a bug.

I have designed a ship which shows a PPV of 36.   A fleet of 6 of them provides 32PPV total.   No components are damaged, the ships are less than two months old.   Removing one ship from the fleet results in a PPV of 27.   The colony view also shows protection of 32, but clearly that doesn't correspond to 6*36.  12 ships result in PPV of 65.
My decimal separator is a ". "

Also, what do I need to do to be notified of replies to my posts (not the thread in general).

Code: [Select]
Hatsuharu class Missile Boat      996 tons       22 Crew       143.3 BP       TCS 20    TH 88    EM 0
4394 km/s      Armour 1-8       Shields 0-0       HTK 8      Sensors 6/4/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 36
Maint Life 7.44 Years     MSP 84    AFR 16%    IFR 0.2%    1YR 3    5YR 40    Max Repair 43.75 MSP
Magazine 36   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months    Morale Check Required   

Xiao Aero Engines M-INPE-5-175  EP87.50 (1)    Power 87.5    Fuel Use 401.06%    Signature 87.5    Explosion 17%
Fuel Capacity 100 000 Litres    Range 4.5 billion km (11 days at full power)

Yamamoto-Matsuki SSN-6-1 "Toge" Missile Launcher (6)     Missile Size: 6    Hangar Reload 122 minutes    MF Reload 20 hours
Hicks-Stevens FC45-R100-0.8 Missile Fire Control (1)     Range 45.9m km    Resolution 100
Yamamoto-Matsuki SSN-6-1 "Toge" Anti-Ship Missile (6)    Speed: 14 933 km/s    End: 50.3m     Range: 45.1m km    WH: 4    Size: 6    TH: 104/62/31

Hicks-Stevens AS-1B S128-2.5-R100-40M Sensor Array (1)     GPS 3000     Range 40.6m km    Resolution 100
Parker Electronics R-1 EM8-0.5 Warning Receiver (1)     Sensitivity 4     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  15.8m km
Gadgil-Asani TH1.0-6 Thermal Sensor (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19.4m km

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

There is a report on this issue already, added your example to it. Don't know if notifications on replies to specific messages are possible.

Offline Tyrannus Rex

• Petty Officer
  • Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no b
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »
Version 1.9.4 from 1.9.3
The function number - None
The complete error text - None
The window affected - Ground Forces -> Tactical map
What you were doing at the time - One day turns to process game.
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Intermittent
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 20 years both race and system is custom.

Steps to reproduce - Current Geo/Grav and ODB are set to overhaul when supply less than 20%
All vessels have msp greater than highest failure rate; and with AFR approx 15-17%.
When going for overhaul no vessel is being resupplied, planet has excess in maintenance facilities needed to overhaul with MSP available to resupply all vessels.
Currently each vessel is overhauling at various times, completing and going back into overhaul without restocking MSP. Removed condition with one geo survey and surveying with no MSP onboard.
It also appears that MSP is being taken but not appearing to be loaded onto said vessels.

Thank you for the properly formatted bug report but it appears you are using a comma for your decimal separator, this can cause many issues so to help track down the bug please follow this guide http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11139.msg129305 once you have followed it and you have changed your separator, please try to reproduce this bug and if you are able to then edit your post accordingly and I will look at it further.

My mistake, I read the line wrong. My separator is a decimal.

Edit: Posts checked and replied to until this one /Bughunter
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:32:21 AM by Bughunter »

Offline simast

• s
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2020, 12:46:18 PM »
Academy Commandant assignment rank restrictions don't work as described in this Aurora C# post: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104092#msg104092

I am able to assign the lowest level naval commander (Lieutenant Commander) to a colony with level 5 military academy. The rule states that this should be restricted to:

A naval or ground forces officer must have a rank (with 1 being the lowest rank) at least equal to the number of military academies

Note that this restriction works correctly for Civilian Administrators and Scientists - issue is with Naval and Ground commanders only.

The window affected: Commanders
What you were doing at the time: Assigning Academy Commandant
Is your decimal separator a comma: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce, build more than 1 academy and try to assign lowest ranking officer.
If this is a long campaign: ~40 years
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:54:16 PM by simast »

Offline simast

• s
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2020, 01:51:05 PM »
When creating a prototype research project - a bogus "Research Completed" message is generated instantly without advancing time. To reproduce:

1. Go to create research window and use the "Prototype" button.
2. You should see a new "Research Completed" message.

I think the message is confusing, as you have not researched the prototype yet (not even turned into RP yet).

The window affected: Create Research Project
What you were doing at the time: Creating a prototype Research Project
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »
When creating a prototype research project - a bogus "Research Completed" message is generated instantly without advancing time. To reproduce:

1. Go to create research window and use the "Prototype" button.
2. You should see a new "Research Completed" message.

I think the message is confusing, as you have not researched the prototype yet (not even turned into RP yet).

The window affected: Create Research Project
What you were doing at the time: Creating a prototype Research Project
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce.

Thank you for the bug report, we have already confirmed this as a bug in a previous report, but thank you nonetheless.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2020, 02:13:30 PM »
version 1.9.4
The window affected: Class Design
What you were doing at the time: Designing a ship
Conventional or TN start: N/A
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: N/A

Ships with commercial engines can no longer use military jump drives, but no warning is given if such a ship is equipped with such a drive.  Edit: This also means that we can't build fuel efficient self-jumping jump tenders to support military engined ships.

The functionality is WAI. A warning message about it seems reasonable, but I think this falls into suggestion rather than bug so please post in suggestions.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage