Author Topic: No civilia shiplines, auto-order for my freighters?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
No civilia shiplines, auto-order for my freighters?
« on: October 04, 2021, 12:55:12 AM »
I just read that some people here does not use civilian shiplines, are there an "auto-order" so your own freighters can do the same work when i am not using them?

(It would be better for the performance not using civilian shiplines)

The following users thanked this post: Ektor

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: No civilia shiplines, auto-order for my freighters?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 09:24:29 AM »
No.

If you disable civilian shipping lines, trade goods will not be moved as you cannot use government-owned ships for them.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 09:44:57 AM »
You can use the "Cycle Orders" checkbox in the fleet orders tab to cause freighters or colony ships to repeat a particular mission, such as transporting infra + colonists to a new colony from Earth. I use this often in the early game before the civilians are reliable enough to handle it themselves.

As Garfunkel says, trade will not be possible which is a source of lost income, however to be frank wealth is not a huge challenge after the very beginning of a game and is probably offset by not paying the civilians for shipping contracts. The bigger issue will be all the extra resource use from shipping everything yourself instead of using civilians (both fuel use and the resources to build a huge freighter fleet).

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »
I would suggest compromise, where you have civilian lines, but from time to time remove some of their ships to keep the size of civilian fleets manageable.

For example, after they start building huge variants, I remove all small ships and gradually limit number of large ships as well. I also limit number of spaceliners per two for civilian line as they are more of a roleplay element. Fuel harvesters have separate checkbox, so you can disable those completely without effect on civilian lines.