Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358218 times)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2020, 06:51:17 PM »
Is it possible to stop on new neutral contacts?

There's a mod for that. Check the approved mods forum for the event toggler mod. Once you run the program, select your database and find the box you're looking for.

This has turned into a nightmare. It's not giving me too many alerts (just the one so far), but what I wanted to do after the alert is apparently a bad idea.

My goal was to have my diplomacy ship follow one of their ships around to collect some diplo points without having to hang out in their capital system. Unfortunately my passive sensors aren't amazing and I've figured out that any sub-pulse longer than about 50 minutes will let them get out of range which immediately stops the simulation. My ship is faster than the one I'm following, so it wasn't too hard to find them again. I don't know their exact destination, but it's at least 2.5bkm away, about 15 days at this speed. I set the sub-pulse length to 20 minutes, and clicked the 5 days button, and waited. And waited some more. And waited still longer. In the end it took 33 minutes to advance 5 days!

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »
I dumped the dbs of 1.9 and 1.11 and ran WinMerge. It said they were the exact same.

The structure might be the same, but not the data.

Offline Outrojection

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2020, 10:06:16 PM »
Is there any way to scrap or refit space stations? I assume I need massive commercial shipyards to accommodate the station?
If I don't have a shipyard big enough, am I stuck having to delete a station then using construction factories to build a new one if I want to "upgrade"?

Offline NumberOneBSUFan

• Leading Rate
  • N
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2020, 12:33:27 AM »
Quick question regarding ships with Sorium Harvesters.  I sent them out to collect fuel from a gas giant, and now they're returning back to Earth to unload their tanks.  How do I order the ships to unload their tanks? I don't know how to set the fuel amount on the ship.  For reference, I have the ship class in question checked as tankers. 

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2020, 03:20:24 AM »
Quick question regarding ships with Sorium Harvesters.  I sent them out to collect fuel from a gas giant, and now they're returning back to Earth to unload their tanks.  How do I order the ships to unload their tanks? I don't know how to set the fuel amount on the ship.  For reference, I have the ship class in question checked as tankers.

There should be an order called "Transfer fuel to Colony" if the ship is set as a tanker.

The following users thanked this post: NumberOneBSUFan

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #425 on: August 27, 2020, 04:49:24 AM »

There should be an order called "Transfer fuel to Colony" if the ship is set as a tanker.

For it to appear, it also requires the ship to have the fuel transfer system component (or whatever it is called).

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #426 on: August 27, 2020, 05:19:30 AM »

For it to appear, it also requires the ship to have the fuel transfer system component (or whatever it is called).

Yes... you need to have a refuelling system component on the ship for the order to appear... which is a bit weird as you should be able to run tanker without that system an rely on stations and other sources that provide these facilities.

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #427 on: August 27, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »
Is there any way to scrap or refit space stations? I assume I need massive commercial shipyards to accommodate the station?
If I don't have a shipyard big enough, am I stuck having to delete a station then using construction factories to build a new one if I want to "upgrade"?

You are correct in that you need a massive commericla shipyard to properly scrap / upgrade them.

You can do one better than deleting it though, instead you can abandon it. That way you can at least salvage some portion of the minerals used in its construction.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #428 on: August 27, 2020, 07:09:24 PM »

You are correct, you need a massive shipyard for that.

SM mode to the rescue:
1) Create an "upgrade" station that has only the components that you want to add to your station.
2) Haul the station to a colony that will perform the refit.
3) Build the "upgrade" station.
4) Delete the original station and the "upgrade" station, and use SM mode to create your new station.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #429 on: August 27, 2020, 11:16:19 PM »

You are correct, you need a massive shipyard for that.

SM mode to the rescue:
1) Create an "upgrade" station that has only the components that you want to add to your station.
2) Haul the station to a colony that will perform the refit.
3) Build the "upgrade" station.
4) Delete the original station and the "upgrade" station, and use SM mode to create your new station.

A more cheatsydoodle way of doing this is to just use SM mode to unlock the station design and change the components to what you want them to be, then relock the design.

This can cause weirdness however - onboard resources and such aren't affected so you can end up with >100% of fuel, MSP etc.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »
A more cheatsydoodle way of doing this is to just use SM mode to unlock the station design and change the components to what you want them to be, then relock the design.

This can cause weirdness however - onboard resources and such aren't affected so you can end up with >100% of fuel, MSP etc.

This will also affect all of your ships of that design.
If you just want to cheat it in, sure.
But I'm suggesting using SM mode in this case only to work around a game limitation, not to get something for free.

Offline Outrojection

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »
Do military ships over 500 tons with emergency cryogenic berths require cargo handling systems to pick up survivors?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »
Do military ships over 500 tons with emergency cryogenic berths require cargo handling systems to pick up survivors?
I'm not aware of there being any restrictions on ships picking up survivors. AFIK any ship can do it, but the ones with spare space will be less likely to have life support failures.

Offline Outrojection

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #433 on: September 03, 2020, 06:28:16 PM »
I have a resupply base stationed on top of a jump point with around 50% fuel and 50% MSP.    (commercial space station, marked as resupply ship and tanker in design, zero minimum fuel, zero minimum supplies)
I have a fleet of supply ships with 100% fuel and MSP.    (commercial ship, marked as resupply ship and tanker in design, zero minimum supplies)
Both designs have cargo shuttles and refueling systems.   

In the naval org menu, I can order the resupply ships to "refuel from own tankers" and they will transfer fuel to the base (in fact they will fuel the base beyond 100%, I'm guessing it's a bug, but I'm using Auroramod).   
However, after I give a "resupply from own supply ships" order, the fleet completes the order in 10 seconds, says the order is complete, but no MSP is transferred.    Merging the ships and base into one fleet, setting the ships to resupply own fleet, setting the base to not resupply, and increasing the base's resupply priority also does not transfer any MSP.   
How can I transfer MSP from my ships to my base and is there a way to avoid having them refuel the base beyond 100%?

Alternatively, is there some easier way to maintain a station not orbiting a body? I've been using this resupply base to maintain a static weapons platforms to defend this jump point from hostile aliens.    The maintenance modules have been drawing from the base's MSP storage, which is why I need to top it off.   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:34:02 PM by Outrojection »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #434 on: September 03, 2020, 07:09:41 PM »
I have a resupply base stationed on top of a jump point with around 50% fuel and 50% MSP.    (commercial space station, marked as resupply ship and tanker in design, zero minimum fuel, zero minimum supplies)
I have a fleet of supply ships with 100% fuel and MSP.    (commercial ship, marked as resupply ship and tanker in design, zero minimum supplies)
Both designs have cargo shuttles and refueling systems.   

In the naval org menu, I can order the resupply ships to "refuel from own tankers" and they will transfer fuel to the base (in fact they will fuel the base beyond 100%, I'm guessing it's a bug, but I'm using Auroramod).   
However, after I give a "resupply from own supply ships" order, the fleet completes the order in 10 seconds, says the order is complete, but no MSP is transferred.    Merging the ships and base into one fleet, setting the ships to resupply own fleet, setting the base to not resupply, and increasing the base's resupply priority also does not transfer any MSP.   
How can I transfer MSP from my ships to my base and is there a way to avoid having them refuel the base beyond 100%?

Alternatively, is there some easier way to maintain a station not orbiting a body? I've been using this resupply base to maintain a static weapons platforms to defend this jump point from hostile aliens.    The maintenance modules have been drawing from the base's MSP storage, which is why I need to top it off.

Im assuming that you have set the minimum value of the supply ships correctly. How much time did you wait for the MSP to be transferred when you decided it wasn't working?
I had a similar problem with tankers and fuel until I realized that I need to wait hours not minutes of game time.

Additionally, resupply from supply ships probably didnt work because both the base and the ships are considered supply vessels, ergo they will supply the rest of the fleet but not eachother since they are all above their minimum supply. This might be annoying micro but try to set the base design to be not a supply ship and see if the problem persists. Once it is filled up and the supply ships have left you can redesignate the base as a supply ship. (you dont need to unlock the design to mess around with designations like tanker, collier and supply). You could also try to set the minimum supply of the base to 100% MSP and then move it back once the supply is done.