Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40622 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2020, 10:35:18 AM »
After detaching a subfleet I wanted to rejoin it to the main fleet. Drag&Drop then leads to the ships in the subfleet being attached to the main fleet; but the subfleet itself is gone.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #451 on: April 13, 2020, 10:36:00 AM »
The problem you're having is likely that the exact size is slightly higher than what the size in tonnes shows (the screenshot above is cropped so that the full exact size isn't shown). See "Exact size" in the top-right of the ship design window.

Steili that was it! Exact size was 100.0123. I guess gone are the days of getting some free extra room! I switched out a small fuel storage for 1 Tiny and 4 Fighter fuel storage, for an exact size of 99.914 and 5,000 tons, and the warning is now gone. A bit frustrating since I'm used to looking at just ship tonnage but it makes sense and removes that slight tonnage loophole.

I've changed the way the class tonnage is displayed so it always rounds up.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius, Luftwolfe

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #452 on: April 13, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »
Here's a weird one: Function #2662: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

From a quick search it appears that this kind of error message shows up when it can't load a .NET component. However, why would this pop up after the game is loaded? Surely it's loaded all of those things already during startup?

The current install doesn't include the .NET libraries. I'll create a full install program that does that as well.

That's true, but note that this happened randomly in the middle of a game; I already had .NET available. It shouldn't need to load any libraries during a turn, should it? I've never programmed in .NET, but I would be surprised if that were the expected behavior.

.NET loads referenced libraries dynamically upon their first use, not upon startup.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #453 on: April 13, 2020, 10:41:04 AM »
Maybe it was reported, in any case:

When I try to stablish more "race themes names", it launch me this message:

"Function #2035: Referencia no establecida como instancia de un objeto" (it is in spanish because that is my OS language).

1. Go to race screen
2. Click on Race Name Themes
3. Select Theme (anyone)
4. Change the "weight)
5. Click on "Add Theme"

Thanks for your work Steve.

Offline Akhillis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #454 on: April 13, 2020, 10:41:11 AM »
New Ground Forces ranks cannot be added and existing ones cannot be deleted.
The Sorium must flow

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #455 on: April 13, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »
I set up a game and ticked the boxes for pre-designed ships and troops because I thought I'd save some time and tweak what I got, however there were a few issues.

Firstly I have ships designed with components which I don't have researched (I don't think I've missed too many from this list): diplomacy module, sorium harvester, terraforming module, orbital mining platform, geosurvey + gravsurvey modules
This means I have access to modules I normally shouldn't, but I can understand that the AI might need to start with some of them.

Also there were a few ships which were designed but didn't have a relevant module, the jump cruiser, jump tender and salvager.  Note that I didn't receive Jump point theory as part of my starting techs (and I started as trans newtonian).
Assuming the previous was a correct implementation then this seems a bit of a discrepancy, and if not it seems like these classes should be empty.

Also I noticed there were several ship components researched more than once, including lasers, magazines, and mesons.  Additionally there were 5 different active sensors with the same resolution, 4 military engines and 8 different magazines (3 of which were an identical size).
In addition the AMM researched is size 2. 5 and the ASM is size 15, while the missile launchers which are researched are sizes 1 and 6.

There was one other slight oddity, I started with 100 infrastructure and 100 LG infrastructure.
I had a look at the ground units but I don't understand that side of things well enough to comment if they had any discrepancies.

Assuming the same code is used for the AI NPRs as for this initial setup this could cause some issues for the AI.
Ships designed for a function but missing the necessary component seems the most obvious one.
Assuming that the components are designed from a limited pool of research points it seems like there is some unnecessary duplication of parts which means that overall the NPR starts weaker than it otherwise would.
Finally if it tries to fire size 2. 5 AMMs from size 1 launchers it will probably struggle, and if it is using AMMs for ASMs it might not get very far.

I'm probably going to try a conventional start for my next test and see how it goes.

Offline Speagott90

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #456 on: April 13, 2020, 10:44:02 AM »
A bug or oversight with officer auto-assignment for ground units:

It looks like the game does not check for officer-less ground units when deciding whether to run the automated assignment routine.
Seems like the officer auto-assignment routine is only activated when there's at least one officer-less ship.
Once the routine is triggered, it properly assigns officers to both ships and ground units for that increment.
So the problem is not with the routine itself, but with the conditions that trigger it, I think.

(I was wondering why the ground units seemed to only get officers automatically assigned to them at apparently random intervals, then I noticed that everytime it did actually activate, there was at least one ship officer auto-assignment happening as well. 
So I made an educated guess, might be wrong!)

steps to reproduce:
Have some officer-less ground units around, and officer autoassignment on.  Also make sure all ships already have officers on them.
Pass time.
On the next 5-day increment the auto-assignment is not run.
Now un-assign at least one ship officer.
Pass time again.
On the next 5-day increment the game runs the officer auto-assignment and both ships and ground units get their officers properly.

P. S.  Hello, and thank you for the amazing game! :)

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #457 on: April 13, 2020, 10:46:37 AM »
Zooming sufficiently far out gives me a "Out of memory" error (the error message is localized to my language, so perhaps the translation isn't 100%).

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #458 on: April 13, 2020, 10:52:52 AM »
I also got this but it was when i discovered a new system and it was massive and had a ton of asteroids and i zoomed in or out and i got "out of memory" errors

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #459 on: April 13, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »
Admin command bonuses doesn't seem to work.

Current survey fleet survey speed is 1.65 for example in attachment.
Math seems to be 3 from 3x sensors * 1.10 for the commander of the ship * 0.5 for my 50% survey speed in game setup.

None of the admin commands above is giving any bonuses.

My current structure:

Commander -> ship captain
Captain
Rear Admiral (lower) > Survey Command
Rear Admiral (upper) > Commercial Command
Vice Admiral
Admiral > Space command

Unless I've misunderstood something here, this should be a valid command structure.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #460 on: April 13, 2020, 10:58:31 AM »
The obsolete and rename buttons do not work on the tech overview tab.

They seem to be working fine. Did you have a technology selected?

Steve, you may have fixed this bug yesterday.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10636.msg120979#msg120979

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #461 on: April 13, 2020, 11:04:16 AM »
Unloading troops on a planet deletes them if the planet wasn't a colony.  Maybe automatically make it a colony when troops are unloaded?

To avoid bugs there is no auto-create colony function in C#. All colonies have to be created manually. How did you unload troops without a colony?

I loaded the troops from Earth then selected Mars and gave the unload troops command.

Edit: attached image. I'm guessing the unload all ground units is not supposed to be visible?

Yes, correct. Fixed now.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #462 on: April 13, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »
This is really strange, but I've finally figured out what's going on. The main delete key is inserting periods ("." characters) whenever numlock is on, as if I had pressed the delete key on the numpad, which is supposed to switch to a period when numlock is on. I've triple-checked, and this doesn't happen in any other application; I thought I was going crazy the first few times it happened…

Backspace is fine, of course.

Online JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #463 on: April 13, 2020, 11:11:16 AM »
There's a typo in the "Instant RST" tooltip

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2020, 11:27:09 AM »
I am almost certain this has been reported, but I can't find it in this thread. I'll report it just in case, because it is a rather significant bug but likely simple to fix:

When designing ships, the armor weight is always calculated incorrectly when adding/removing armor or when adding/removing ship components. This happens on basically every ship, and it almost always causes jump engine overtonnages on people building their ships as close to the jump engine max as possible. It is a highly reproducible error and happens almost every time when designing a ship. The armor weight effect can most easily be showed by changing the armor value to a higher value, then changing it back to the normal value, while watching the tonnage.

The workaround for me is to switch to another ship design, then switch back to the original ship design. This appears to "reset" the ship's tonnage display to the actual value that will be used for construction, jumping, etc.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: eaterofsuns, Ancalagon