Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 30024 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2020, 02:19:58 PM »
1. 9. 3 Bug Ship Class design editor:

Somehow I had gotten a 2nd engine type selected (never clicked it dont know how that happened) and I go to minimize a category of modules (wide view mode on) and I get the error that "Only one type of engine can be added to a class" happens whenever you open and then close a category. 

This is because any double-click in the confines of the components section counts as a double-click on the currently selected component and adds it (or 5x or 20x etc). Technically not any double-click: if the mouse is lower down than the bottom of the list for either click, or if you change the selected component with the second click, then they won't count. So when you rapidly open or close categories, your "double-clicks" are adding the selected component. That's the bug.

This has been reported but I cant recreate it - see this topic:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11211.0

The following users thanked this post: Suxxor

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
Loading a buoy as a previous design in missile design raises a null error on function 2044 and 2043, presumably because of the No Engine check box settings not being copied when you load a buoy.

Trying to add a new kind of missile in a full magazine will lead to this : (Class design view)

I thought first item was fixed. Please can you confirm version number in Misc tab of Tactical Map.

Second item fixed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:26:16 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Suxxor

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2020, 02:33:57 PM »
My PC lost power while save was in progress. All scientists and research progress are lost. I suggest saving creates new file instead of rewriting existing one. Replace/delete files after the save completes.

It does create a new file. See this stickied topic.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11078.0

Thanks. The backup was corrupted aswell :(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:36:47 PM by Suxxor »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2020, 02:49:09 PM »
Game slow-down; save is attached.

The time taken to process increments has suddenly increased in my game, to an extent that seems disproportionate to the current game complexity, and I have what I hope is a straightforward DB file to check.

Best guess is that the slow-down has to do with the alien contact in the NN 3145 system. I'm guessing they're Precursors. Whatever they are, they have at least one mobile ship chasing my fleet "GSV Illuminator of the Webway 5".

Minor things:
I have labeled the NN 3145 system. Only the first line of a map label displays fully on screen.

I've loaded the game but turns are running normally.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2020, 02:49:40 PM »
My PC lost power while save was in progress. All scientists and research progress are lost. I suggest saving creates new file instead of rewriting existing one. Replace/delete files after the save completes.

It does create a new file. See this stickied topic.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11078.0

Thanks. The backup was corrupted aswell :(

Both backup files?

Offline Latrone

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11173. msg130065#msg130065 date=1588440285
Quote from: Latrone link=topic=11173. msg129683#msg129683 date=1588339522
Hey Steve, I've encountered a bug.   

Version 1.   9.   3
Decimal separator ".   "
Random stars
Ship design window

I was designing a tug that could pull my new terraforming station.    I tried searching for tug in the drop down menu, typed in tug, pressed enter and then it gave a prompt.    Function 2520: The objectereference is not set to a kind of object (rough translation).     
Then it promptly deleted all my ship designs as well as all of my ships.   
To cause the bug you have to select the drop down menu, it has to be dropped down and you have to type in it and press enter.     

p.  s. 
It seems to have also deleted all the fleets of the civilians

Can't reproduce - when I type 'tug' and press enter I get the windows 'ding' tone that means invalid and then nothing else happens.

Hey Steve thanks for reading.  It seems I didn't explain well enough.  The windows ding happens when you type in the drop down menu and then press enter.  If the menu is dropped down, and you type in it and whilst it is still dropped down you press enter the bug happens.  Or maybe it is something on my end.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »
Hey Steve thanks for reading.  It seems I didn't explain well enough.  The windows ding happens when you type in the drop down menu and then press enter.  If the menu is dropped down, and you type in it and whilst it is still dropped down you press enter the bug happens.  Or maybe it is something on my end.

I was able to reproduce this myself with this additional info. It seems that this DOES in fact delete your ships, too. I hit save afterwards and they didn't come back (thankfully I have a backup)

To clarify, here's the exact repro steps:

1. Open class design window
2. Select an existing ship class.
3. Click on the hull type menu, expanding it.
4. Type something in. Press enter
5. All the ships are gone now.

I suspect this somehow lets you set a ship's hull type to something arbitrary, and if that arbitrary thing isn't something Aurora knows about, it freaks out.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 03:11:21 PM by Inglonias »

The following users thanked this post: Latrone

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »
Surveyor not surveying star system 13.8b km away from system center.

There is a max ten billion range on that order type. Try ordering the ship to travel to the distant secondary component, then the standing order will work.

Thanks Steve, manually flying the surveyor to a planet orbiting the far star worked. The Tigre has resumed surveying!

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »
Hi Steve, it looks to me the missile onboard ECM is not working as intended against incoming AMMs.

This was a test I performed in 1.9.3:

Target missile, 80kkm/s

Target missile fired against a PD/AMM platform (to make sure i fired the correct missiles):

AMMs, they do not have ECCM onboard, and has a 100% hit against ~42kkm/s, so it should have a base chance of ~52% hitting the incoming missile, if it does not have onboard ECM:

This is the ship firing the AMM, without any ECCM assigned to its MFC:

This is AMM autofiring:

Interception chance:

The hit chance is about 52%, so it seems the onboard ECM did not decrease this chance (should be 0 since it has ECM 6 onboard).

The hit chance for PD guns are working as intended, affected by the onboard.

Attached is the DB for you to reporduce the issue. The firing fleet is under Earth Federation at earth, the defending fleet is under Martian Republic on Mars.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:22:01 PM by Iceranger »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2020, 04:05:10 PM »
In my current 1.9.3 game I have two jump points in Sol leading to each other in Sol (the same Sol, so a system JP leading into the same system).

In the picture above JP 4 and 5 are linked.

This is on random stars.

When I was doing my grav survey I found 3 jump points from 1 survey location which I think might be related. Attached is my db.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:06:54 PM by DFNewb »

Offline Ametsala

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2020, 04:33:02 PM »
When advancing time, I got error 2939 twice. Then the game hung. I was using 5 day increments and doing geological survey at most.  Maybe an NPR triggered NPR or ruin generation? There's also a swarm about, so maybe it entered an unexplored system, and the game tried to generate an NPR there?

After force quitting, I tried from the most recent save, about 6 months earlier, but this didn't happen again. An NPR did find it's way to Sol, though.

The function number: 2939
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: Main window
What you were doing at the time: Advancing time, 5 day increment
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: One-off.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Only 9 or 10 years.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2020, 04:44:11 PM »
When advancing time, I got error 2939 twice. Then the game hung. I was using 5 day increments and doing geological survey at most.  Maybe an NPR triggered NPR or ruin generation? There's also a swarm about, so maybe it entered an unexplored system, and the game tried to generate an NPR there?

After force quitting, I tried from the most recent save, about 6 months earlier, but this didn't happen again. An NPR did find it's way to Sol, though.

The function number: 2939
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: Main window
What you were doing at the time: Advancing time, 5 day increment
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: One-off.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Only 9 or 10 years.

It's an error in calculating the orbital period of a star - the only way I can see that error happening is if the parent star doesn't exist. It looks like there are still one or two rare bugs in system generation. When I finally get some time, I just need to spend a day generating systems and trying to trigger these in a debug session.

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2020, 05:34:19 PM »
Minor Bug

In Naval Organisation Window, Rabble fleet selected, micellaneous tab

There is button "SM: Move Fleet" Visible, but I do not have Space Master enabled

Offline Lightning

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2020, 05:36:35 PM »
Version 1.9.3. "." as separator.
Three things:

1) In Naval Organization -> Movement Orders, hitting "Repeat Orders" does not update either "All Orders Distance" or "Travel Time Required" unless you refresh the screen (such as switching to a different fleet and back).

2) Some (but not all) of the entries in "Aurora Forum Members" are duplicated (such as my own name).

3) I've encountered a planet with an atmosphere of "water" at 0 ATMs. Shows up as "NaN" for %age. Doesn't appear to be causing any problems, just looks odd.

1) Fixed.

2) You will need to speak to whoever it was that created the list. Happy to re-import.

3) Agree that looks odd. Presumably water vapour with zero atm, but not positive. Could you attach DB?
I've noticed the water vapour one as well, though doesn't appear to be in my current game.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2020, 05:37:30 PM »
Small issue with Atmosphere status in Summary (Economics window). I put colony on small dwarf planet that has no atmosphere, but in Summary view it shows as Atmosphere Breathable.

Same problem with other bodies. In Sol, colony on Ganymede has only Aestusium/Water Vapor atmosphere but it is shown as breathable in Summary view. On the other hand, for Callisto (only Aestusium) it works correctly and shows Not Breathable.

Another colony in Sirius that is being terraformed has only  0.05 atm of oxygen but it is shown as breathable in Summary view.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.