Author Topic: US Ground Force Test Run  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: US Ground Force Test Run
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 05:51:11 AM »
Except boarding combat happens in 30-second rounds, just so you know when it comes to setting up your Marine boarding parties!

Do we know how that effects supply

Supplies are burned through (8*60*(60/30)) nine-hundred-and-sixty times faster. . . assuming Steve coded boarding combat to use supply rules at all.  Or, more precisely, the combat rounds are 960 times faster.  Boarding combat is probably over (one way or the other) in twenty rounds (ten minutes) max.

Offline Ehndras (OP)

• Voidwalker
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »
All data on this post was lost during patching and should be assumed inaccurate.

Apparently I've been playing 1.5.1 and not 1.9.0. *facepalm*
"Boop!" goes the thermonuclear missile salvo

Offline Vasious

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • V
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:10 PM »
Except boarding combat happens in 30-second rounds, just so you know when it comes to setting up your Marine boarding parties!

Do we know how that effects supply

Supplies are burned through (8*60*(60/30)) nine-hundred-and-sixty times faster. . . assuming Steve coded boarding combat to use supply rules at all.  Or, more precisely, the combat rounds are 960 times faster.  Boarding combat is probably over (one way or the other) in twenty rounds (ten minutes) max.

That is what I meant to ask, do boarding parties need supplies or is it assumed as the combat is so much shorter it wont be an issue.

None of my test boardings ever ran out but don't think they were ever long enough

Offline Ehndras (OP)

• Voidwalker
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2020, 12:04:32 AM »
Haven't seen anyone run out despite never bringing logistics infantry, so probably not necessary.
"Boop!" goes the thermonuclear missile salvo

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2020, 06:15:32 AM »
That is what I meant to ask, do boarding parties need supplies or is it assumed as the combat is so much shorter it wont be an issue.

None of my test boardings ever ran out but don't think they were ever long enough

Ground units carry sufficent supply for ten rounds of combat -- whether those rounds are eight hours or ten minutes.  Units that run out of supplies fight at one-quarter effectiveness.

And it looks like that at the moment units only draw new supplies from LOG units during combat, so they won't refill after the fighting stops.