Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39450 times)

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 04:00:30 PM »
1.9.5, Auto-assign FC actually de-assign all my weapons.

The function number  N/A
The complete error text  N/A
The window affected  Naval organization / ship combat
What you were doing at the time  testing
Conventional or TN start  TN
Random or Real Stars  real
Is your decimal separator a comma?  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?  Should be easy to reproduce.

A ship with 24 x 10cm railguns and a single beam fire control (with matching tracking speed).

This is how I manually did the weapon assignment (since I noticed the auto FC assignment button de-assign the weapons):

After I pressed the auto FC assign button:

Attached is the db with the test scenario. The ship in question in under Earth Federation, Alabama 001 in a fleet bares the same name.

Exact same thing happens with my Railgun fighters. If I remember right it worked fine for my particle beams and lasers I think it being railguns is related. I also think Gauss cannons are effected (not sure), might be because they are not energy weapons or something?

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 04:35:33 PM »
Version: 1.95 (upgraded from 1.9.4, also present in 1.8.0)
There's something going wrong with the crew grade math when you pull ships out of a training fleet.  I've repeatedly had ships go from new to 22% grade bonus shortly after they've been in a training command for 3-6 months.  This is replicable, across both my current game and in retrospect it appears to have been in my 1.8 game, too.

TN start, <2 years, nothing of any particular note going on.

Reported
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:42:03 PM by Bughunter »
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »
The function number: #311
The complete error text: 1.9.5 Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: main window + ship combat window
What you were doing at the time: targeting STO ground forces with particle beams. The error occurred after killing the last unit, because presumably the game did not delete them from the Beam FC target.
Conventional or TN start: C
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: This occurs whenever the weapons try to fire, so every 10 seconds.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~50 years

Expected behaviour: clear target if it no longer exists.
DB attached

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:54:23 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 05:10:16 PM »
The function number: #914
The complete error text: 1.9.5 Overflow error
The window affected: main window
What you were doing at the time: dragging the map in the main window with the mouse.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: I got a few error messages at first, and then about 50 of them at once. In a bit of a break I managed to save the game (DB attached) After that, the errors continued, but I did not get the error again after restarting the game and loading. Weird.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~50 years

Failed to reproduce as described, but got it from clicking last event log post. Reported.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:13:55 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 05:18:12 PM »
Some buttons in the ship combat window throw errors.
The function number: #1031
The complete error text: 1.9.5 Object reference not set to an instance of object.
The window affected: Naval organisation/Ship combat tab
What you were doing at the time: Steps to reproduce: In any of the above saves, select a fleet, e.g. Cruiser squadron I. Click "Open fire fleet". The error happens. This also works with "Cease fire fleet", "Fire fleet MFC" and "Fire Fleet BFC"
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy

I know that the button is working when selecting ships. I find it odd that it does not work for fleets when it affects the entire fleet.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:23:17 PM by Bughunter »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2020, 05:48:03 PM »
It seems you can prototype a Gauss cannon, then use that prototype in a turret, then prototype the turret, and then research the turret without ever researching the component gauss cannon.  Researching the gauss cannon first does not seem to change the RP needed to research the turret.

The function number  NA

The complete error text NA

The window affected Turret Design and/or Class Design and/or Research

What you were doing at the time Setting up a TN game using instant research within the points limit (SM mode off).  All testing was done using instant research.

Conventional or TN start TN

Random or Real Stars Random

Is your decimal separator a comma? No

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce.

Confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:01:28 PM by Garfunkel »

The following users thanked this post: Cosinus

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »
1.9.4 dec . real stars 10 years

But I doubt any of the above are relevant in this bug.

If you order to turn ON active sensors as Fleet Movement order you cannot turn it OFF from Naval Tab but you have to issue the order Active Sensors OFF for that to work.

Also if you turn it OFF from naval tab and then flag active contacts from Tactical Map refresh it you got a blank error with the name of the ship on it.

Turning it OFF through the order will also make the error disappear. No impact on game or save but annoying.

Easy to reproduce in any game.

Cannot reproduce:
Ship turned AS off via movements order. Button "actives off" in naval window worked without problems. After using that, turning active sensors on Tactical Map did not throw up any errors.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:10:06 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Langer

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2020, 06:19:13 PM »
The morale of ground units have sometimes lowered to 100, and many other times has not, when a commander of the unit either retires, is killed, or is replaced.

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Ground Forces
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No, period

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
Depends on what the intended process is meant to be. I have manually replaced a commander and morale remains at the higher figure, e.g. 140. Three times, the retirement or death of a major commanding a company reset that company's morale to 100 from some higher number (between 150-200 I believe). After I noticed it, I began tracking it and have not seen a reset to 100 again. I've had commanders killed by accident, retire from a post, and be manually removed by me without a reset. So, if the intended mechanic is to reset on every commander change of any type, it isn't happening. If the intended mechanic is for it never to change, it did, but unfortunately I don't know precisely when or what caused the morale reset. Or anything in between. I'm 95% certain the units in question did not go through a full production cycle without any commander at all. I also thought maybe there was an upper limit on morale that was passed, but I have other units currently with higher morale figures than that of the 'reset' units at the time.

It is intended to reset. Will bring this up with Steve to fix the non-WAI behaviour.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:11:20 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »
Set Naming Theme to "Names Beginning with V" and insta-built a few ships - Except they were named with names beginning with W.  The W option in the dropdown is missing, I suspect the V option is just mislabeled.

Confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:15:15 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Geebee

• Leading Rate
  • G
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2020, 08:12:35 PM »
The function number: 3255
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

progressing 1 day at a time

having the naval organisation window open while progressing seems to make the error appear so im assuming somethings wrong there

Conventional start
Real stars
decimal seperator is a period . 
campaign length is 105 years

edit: of course as soon as I post it after replicating it 3 times, i load it up and i cant replicate it. . .

Confirmed, it reproduced for me
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:04:57 PM by Bughunter »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 08:14:22 PM »
Unsure if this has been resolved or not, so re-posting it just in case:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11231.msg131041#msg131041

It's being investigated, not resolved yet. Remind me to update you later!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:16:37 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Class Design Window
What you were doing at the time: Creating new classes
Conventional or TN start: TN
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Have yet to even run a single turn

This appears to be a UI bug more than anything else. 

Steps:
Open the class design window
Under race components will be an expandable list of all components available
Expand one of the section by pressing the + button
Collapse that section by pressing the - button
Close and reopen the class design window.   Notice that the section that we expanded and collapsed previously is now expanded.   Trying to collapse it and reopen the window and it is still expanded

Basically it appears that the UI remembers if a section was expanded but not if it was collapsed again
Makes it a bit annoying (at least for me) when you have lots of sections expanded when looking for a specific thing

This is a 1.  9.  5 game patched from a fresh 1.  9.  4 game. 
The actual universe being played was fresh, having just been created

Can also confirm that this is happening in a 1.  9.  4 game (i dont think it really matters but just in case)

PS: I know this is not really the place for it, but i would love an "expand all" and "collapse all" for that screen

Edit: Seems that it also affects the ship list to the far left of the class design window

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:18:30 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2020, 01:35:55 AM »
The function number: 3255
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

progressing 1 day at a time

having the naval organisation window open while progressing seems to make the error appear so im assuming somethings wrong there

Conventional start
Real stars
decimal seperator is a period . 
campaign length is 105 years

edit: of course as soon as I post it after replicating it 3 times, i load it up and i cant replicate it. . .

I got the same error when I opened your DB, opened the Naval Org window and advanced time 1 day.

The following users thanked this post: Geebee

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2020, 02:43:41 AM »
Can't recall which 1.9.x version this campaign started with but it's 1.9.5 now.
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Fleet Organization Window
What you were doing at the time: Refueling a combat fleet from a pair of stationary refueling hubs on its way back from Sol
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 24 years

There seems to be some very weird behavior when attempting to refuel from a hub that doesn't have enough juice to completely service a fleet.
In the attached DB, the Combat Group fleet and Ala-Gleti Fuel Depot fleet are in the same location, and the former has been given an order to refuel from the latter.
The combat group has 13.1m/50m, and the fuel depot has 20.8m / 50m.
Stepping through the order hour by hour, things seem to proceed as expected- one of the refueling stations loses fuel, the ships in the combat fleet gain fuel evenly, all the way until the last station is down to a couple percent capacity.
At that point, the fuel percentage of the station remains constant and one of the ships in the combat fleet's fuel becomes negative. The remaining ships have their fuel values rise and fall seemingly at random, sometimes becoming negative as well. Eventually the order is flagged as complete, and the total amount of fuel transferred adds up (13.1m + 20.8m = 33.9m), but the wildly varied fuel percentages and ships with negative fuel means that refueling as intended has certainly failed.

Offline Foolcow

• F
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2020, 03:51:07 AM »
When a fleet is ordered through a lagrange point jump to get to its final destination, the calculated "travel time required" doesn't account for the travel time from it's initial position to the first lagrange point.

The function number:  N/A
The complete error text:  N/A
The window affected:  Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time:  Giving orders to a fleet
Conventional or TN start:  TN
Random or Real Stars:  Random
Is your decimal separator a comma:  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off:  Easy to reproduce.  Seems consistent.

Steps to reproduce:

1.  On the naval organization screen, select a fleet which is currently in a system containing two or more lagrange points, but not currently stationed at a lagrange point.

2.  Select the fleet tab, then the movement orders tab under the fleet tab.

3.  Select a lagrange point in the first column, then select intra-system jump in the second column. Select another lagrange point in the third column, then click add move.

4.  Note the number of days for "travel time required" on the top right.

5.  Clear the orders list.

6.  Select the same lagrange point in the first column as in step 3.  Select "move to location" in the second column, then click add move.

7.  With the same lagrange point still selected in the first column, select intra-system jump in the second column.  In the third-column, select the same lagrange point as in step 3.  Click add move.

8.  The number of days for "travel time required" will be different than in step 4, although the route is exactly the same.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:56:49 AM by Foolcow »