Author Topic: Official 1.13 Hype Train Thread  (Read 7665 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
Re: Official 1.13 Hype Train Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2020, 09:49:00 AM »
Flavor components. Purely for the RP purposes. Every ship shall have a comms array damnit!  ;D
Power requirements for SHIPS not only energy weapons. Its weird to see ship without a reactor unless i RP and place one myself.

My wishlist?
Ability to give colonies to NPR's.
Anti aging tech to prevent characters from dying.
When giving Independence to a planet let me choose if i want to control it or make it NPR.
Unrest resulting in seccession and NPR empire based on planet that left.
Pre TN civilizations actually achieving TN tech and becoming fully fledged empires.

That would be great.

EDIT: oh and sounds... That would be amazing.

Ummmm...are these features actually coming in 1.13, or are you just describing your wet dream?

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »
Flavor components. Purely for the RP purposes. Every ship shall have a comms array damnit!  ;D
Power requirements for SHIPS not only energy weapons. Its weird to see ship without a reactor unless i RP and place one myself.

My wishlist?
When giving Independence to a planet let me choose if i want to control it or make it NPR.
Pre TN civilizations actually achieving TN tech and becoming fully fledged empires.

That would be great.

Ummmm...are these features actually coming in 1.13, or are you just describing your wet dream?

None of that is in 1.13 :(

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2020, 02:49:47 PM »

My wishlist?

That would be great.

Well i said its my WISHLIST.
I dont think they are coming :(
Altough the "unrest makes population secede" was promised by Steve long time ago.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
This isnt the wishlist/suggestions thread. This is mostly for saying features you are most excited for. Also, God Emperor, Engines are supposed to be Reactor-Engine hybrids. Its like how in Star Wars the engines and the reactor are used interchangeable.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »
This isnt the wishlist/suggestions thread.

No smeg... Never would have guess.
Engines are supposed to be Reactor-Engine hybrids.
Yeah and i dont like it. Especially given how Aurora is based/inspired by Starfire and HH and not Star Wars and in both of these universes reactor and engine are specifically two different things.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »
Your point...?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »
Keep it polite and don't let this conversation degenerate into squabbling.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Vastrat, Gabrote42

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
Yeah and i dont like it. Especially given how Aurora is based/inspired by Starfire and HH and not Star Wars and in both of these universes reactor and engine are specifically two different things.

Physically, it does make sense since an engine fundamentally doesn't really need the electrical, thermal etc. power it produces - at least in Aurora the general canon seems to be that engine tech is about generating some sort of matter which can be expelled from the engine (rocket-style) to propel the ship, so any electricity or heat generated by that process is not needed for propulsion and is fair game to run the rest of the ship. I suppose this breaks down if you headcanon engines as a gravity drive or similar, but the game can hardly be expected to account for every possible RP universe.

Mechanically, it makes sense not to have a single component that is required to run the entire ship, otherwise one lucky hit in battle would cripple the entire ship and that kind of extreme RNG to determine battle outcome is probably excessive.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2020, 03:30:44 AM »

Physically, it does make sense since an engine fundamentally doesn't really need the electrical, thermal etc. power it produces - at least in Aurora the general canon seems to be that engine tech is about generating some sort of matter which can be expelled from the engine (rocket-style) to propel the ship, so any electricity or heat generated by that process is not needed for propulsion and is fair game to run the rest of the ship. I suppose this breaks down if you headcanon engines as a gravity drive or similar, but the game can hardly be expected to account for every possible RP universe.

Mechanically, it makes sense not to have a single component that is required to run the entire ship, otherwise one lucky hit in battle would cripple the entire ship and that kind of extreme RNG to determine battle outcome is probably excessive.

Thats why my dream is that we have a power requirment net with several reactors to power the ship, power management in case of emergency etc.
In short even more detail and autism when designing the ship <3

Offline JTB

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2020, 03:51:42 AM »
Quote from: DavidFRS link=topic=12202. msg145201#msg145201 date=1608910124
Is there any ETA for 1.  13?
Somewhere in 2021 i think  ;D
Have been waiting for c# version for ages, and so will wait for patch

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2020, 07:28:56 AM »
The formula to work out how long till the next update is:

whereIsRelease = (The number of days since the last "When is the new version going to be released?" post) * -1
numberOfDaysTillRelease = (whereIsRelease + (4 * numberOfChanges)) + 7

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2020, 09:26:53 AM »
Can someone do that formula for me? Im too bad at Algebra.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 05:16:06 AM »
 - I can't wait to use the new custom RP fluff modules to make "Hydroponics", so I can finally in good conscience set my multi-year commercial ships to just 3 months of Deployment and RP it as just being the stores.

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2021, 06:11:04 AM »
Well, being slightly weirdo, my hype point is Fire At Will / Random Second Stage Targeting.
Though being able to build onboard shrines, libraries and hydroponics (thanx xenoscepter for this exellent idea!) is very cool too.

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 07:34:41 PM »
- I can't wait to use the new custom RP fluff modules to make "Hydroponics", so I can finally in good conscience set my multi-year commercial ships to just 3 months of Deployment and RP it as just being the stores.

I always just imagined they were on shifts, doing fly in fly out work.