Author Topic: Need a bit of advice. :)  (Read 5451 times)

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Re: Need a bit of advice. :)
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
Heh. 4 warp points in the Shaka system. SIGH. That makes 10 unexplored WPs in three systems so far. I wonder if I can rent some survey ships
from Steve's Rigelians. :)

Eric

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 04:44:41 PM »
Just sent Deep Survey Alpha into Tau Ceti's last unexplored jump point, 9 more to go in other systems. Um..after the Proxima trinary system, I thought
I could no longer be surprised. I was wrong, VERY wrong. Epsilon Eridani is a Quadrinary and will likely take a LONG time to survey, even for my second
generation survey ships. The distances are mind boggling. If there are aliens in this massive system, I'm going home, pull the blanket over my head, and
hope the bogeyman won't get me. Heh.

Eric

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
The first two stars are in the center, both with an impressive array of planets and asteroids. One of the planets orbiting Eridani C has over 20 moons!
The second two, I had to REALLY zoom out far, just to see them. Fortunately, there are LPs that jump out to the second pair. It's a good thing, as I imagine
it would take YEARS to go from Eridani A or C to Eridani B or D. What an awesome headache...er...I mean, system! :)

Eric

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 10:41:34 AM »
Centaurus has 7 warp points. SIGH. Sol must be in a major warp nexus in my game. My poor survey crews are getting run ragged. :)

Eric

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Quote from: "Starkiller"
Scratch that last. I just looked on the completed list, and it was there. So, more centers should expand the radius. What is the general rule
for the number of systems in a sector before starting another sector?

Eric

Each level adds one to the radius. I try to stay with 3-4 jumps, and then build another sector for further expansion. Usually in some nodal system with lots of jp or habitable planets.

I thought it went roughly like the square root of the number of levels, i.e. 1 level = radius 1, 4 = radius 2, 9 = radius 3, but I also think I remember something a little weird with the counting - I think that you just need to get to level 2 to get radius 2.
You have to double the size of the sector command for each increase in radius. So Level 1 = Radius 1, Level 2 = Radius 2, Level 4 = Radius 3, Level 8 = Radius 4, etc.

Steve

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 05:59:28 PM »
Current Imperial expansion. 19 unexplored warp points! I have six survey squadrons going flat out, and I'm still finding them faster than I can explore
them. :) I think I better stop and do some more colonizing.

Eric