Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 85815 times)

Offline Caesar

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »
You aren't having mineral shortages, are you?

I can barely use my minerals.

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
As a "me-too", as I'm sure it's been mentioned already: the new tree view on the economics screen does not seem to auto-update. So, if I drop stuff on a planet, it won't show up in the economics screen until I've closed it and reopened it. Even "refresh all" doesn't seem to affect it.

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
Re: 5.51 BUGS
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Impossible "aggiungere" o modify record.Into the table "TechSystem" need an related record (srry was translated on italian)

10 or more bug report windows opened..

Ah, an oldie but goodie. I can confirm that the NPRs are still trying to use non-existent tech systems in the newest version. :-)

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
To add to the "no geo-team experience" thing, my geo team has picked through Earth, Venus, Mercury and a random asteroid, uncovering/increasing accessibility about 10 times. Not an ounce of experience was ever gained.

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
I'm using patch . 51, getting some weird results with active sensor resolutions.  Not sure if it's a bug, but I thought I should post it.

I've got two sensors, one calibrated for 5 HS and another calibrated for 20 HS resolution.

My resolution 20 sensor can detect a 1000 ton target at 17,530,000 km, and a 250 ton target at 1,095,625 km.
My resolution *5* sensor, however, can detect a 1000 ton target at 140,160,000 km(!) and a 250 ton target at 8,760,000 km.

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
I'm using patch . 51, getting some weird results with active sensor resolutions.  Not sure if it's a bug, but I thought I should post it.

I've got two sensors, one calibrated for 5 HS and another calibrated for 20 HS resolution.

My resolution 20 sensor can detect a 1000 ton target at 17,530,000 km, and a 250 ton target at 1,095,625 km.
My resolution *5* sensor, however, can detect a 1000 ton target at 140,160,000 km(!) and a 250 ton target at 8,760,000 km.

Have you actually detected things at that range with them?  I get similar things shown when designing, but my understanding is that what actually happens is that you detect anything of the specified resolution and above at the same range (i.e. you would only see targets at 8.7m km even if they were 1000 tons or 10000 tons, etc.)

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:02 PM »
Sending a ship through LPs makes it jump to the primary star of the system instead of the desired LP on repeating orders.

I observed this for a freighter TG I had set up orders to load something, do an intra-system jump, unload and jump back; then I used 'repeat 29' times in the TG screen to queue up repeating orders. The first time they executed their flight route they jumped correctly, once they got to execute the repeated orders however they entered the LP and appeared in the middle of the system. This now happened for all of the 29 repeated LP jump orders.

The TG contains two sister ships without any conditional orders; the system consists of 4 stars with a LP at each of them.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2011, 04:45:30 PM »
The system primary is located at coordinates [0,0], so obviously the code which tells Aurora where the LaGrange point leads to is not getting updated properly.

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »
I've just had the bug described here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1930.msg33359.html#msg33359.

there was an error box "error in createShip" (sorry i did not note the exact message, and it doesn't seem to appear in the events window, even with show errors option), and when my colony ship construction completed the message in the events window is

Code: [Select]
30th October 2036 09:31:51,Sol,Ark Royal 001 (Ark Royal class) built on Earth and assigned to Unknown Fleet
And it's nowhere to be found (doesn't appear in the individual ship list)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2011, 03:31:15 AM »
Refresh All does not refresh the new population list.

Fixed for v5.52

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2011, 03:34:02 AM »
Conventional Start. Two tech teams running, one was researching Trans-Newtonian. Looking at Research Tab of Economics screen, hit 30 days. Event log says Trans-Newtonian Tech completes. The scientist responsible for it did not reappear in the Scientist list box until I had switched to a different technology type in the dropdown.

EDIT 2: Having completed later research projects, I feel I can safely say at this stage that, when a scientist finishes a project and does not have another, the scientist listbox needs to be refreshed before they will reappear in it.

EDIT 3: Interestingly, I had a case where the event view told me a scientist not currently assigned a research project had an Administrative Rating bump. I went to look for him in my Scientist Listbox, and did not see him. I haven't made any teams at this point, so I thought, "oh, another example of this bug", so I hit "Refresh All"... and it didn't refresh the listbox. The only way I could get that list to refresh was to click on the Technology Category Dropdown.

EDIT 4: This is not simply related to scientists finishing projects... new scientists that join my scientific establishment also do not appear in the list box until I fiddle with the dropdown.

The scientist list is for the Empire as a whole, rather than a specific population, so at the moment it doesn't refresh when the population is refreshed. I've changed that for v5.52 so that scientists get checked every time you change population and when you press Refresh All. As any open population is refreshed at the end of an increment, this should fix the issues above.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:36:08 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:13 AM »
On the GU Training tab, attempting to click the System (in this case, "Sol") in the Populated Systems Treeview causes a strange screen flicker. It appears it's throwing up a completely different form, then hiding it.

It is launching the System View (F9) window. I can't figure out why the F2 window is moving to the front after the F9 window is launched though. I am working on it :)

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:48 AM »
In a fight with a swarm fleet (I think).

My AMM with a design speed of 39,000 km/s are showing on the System Map at 1200 km/s.

Fixed the missile speed display error for v5.52

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
Getting a problem with one off my survey fleets, the only one moving around sofar...
Anyway, fleet is given the order to jump from barnards star to sol move to an unexplored jump point... But when it gets to the jumppoint it cant jump due to that the jumpengine is suffering effects from an earlier jump... Several hours later in fact.

To avoid using another parameter, I use the existing Fire Delay parameter to determine if a jump engine is recovered. However, fire delay is only reduced at the end of an increment and not during the increment in which a ship jumped. Which means that if you use long increments, the time before the jump engine recovers could be hours or days.

For v5.52 I changed jump engines to use sensor delay, which is reduced every sub-pulse.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2011, 03:48:31 AM »
Geologists doesn't seem to train anymore.

Fixed for v5.52

Steve