Author Topic: What Will You Do, When C# Arrives In Your Home?  (Read 15263 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: What Will You Do, When C# Arrives In Your Home?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2020, 02:29:54 AM »

Beware those cheap, plastic, fake Amulets of Yendor. . . and the inevitable Gnomes-with-a-wand-of-Death!

I was thinking exactly the same thing :)

Offline SultanPepper

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2020, 02:38:56 AM »
I'll begin the true conquest of the Universe by the only species that matters - ours
MWAHAHAHA

Offline littleWolf

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • l
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2020, 03:31:23 AM »
Ich bin Schnaps  drink-drink,   Guarmoschka spielen-spielen !

????? ??? ?????..

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2020, 07:29:17 PM »
About a week ago my thinking was: Bannerlord will keep me occupied until Aurora arrives.   My thinking now is it cannot come soon enough.    ;D

And I will do this: Go colonize (or terraform if feasible) first good candidate in a nice system.   I am very salty that I was not born in a time where discovering new planets that a human could easily live on is not a thing.   

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2020, 01:21:07 AM »
Ahhhhhh the hype is too real, I can't handle it.

I'm going to run, like, six different campaigns. Standard run of the mill united Earth campaign; Kaiserreich in space; modern-world extrapolated forward to 2100 or something with a bunch of NPR earth nations; alien invasion scenario...

I want to just, hibernate until release.

The following users thanked this post: bro918

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
Heh, I had a similar idea.  Wanted to base a game off a game of Axis and Allies I had with some friends.  Smashed them as Axis both times  ;D

Offline logancapitalist

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2020, 01:37:10 AM »
Apologies for the slight OT for this thread but couldn't see a better place. 

I'm new to Aurora and was drawn in by the detail in the wiki and just in the last few hours the amazing AARs/Fiction as well as having a taste for depth and the arcane :D

As a new player is it worth waiting for the new version (C#) rather than learning the current version or is it more of a port than a totally different experience?

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2020, 02:12:25 AM »
Considering the new release is (hopefully) just a few days away I would personally wait for that. But the basics of the game will anyway be the same so if you start poking around a bit in the current version it would still help you get into the new one quicker once it is out.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2020, 02:15:02 AM »
Wait for the new version, which is due out any week now.

C# Aurora has changed just enough mechanics without changing terminology to completely confuse a long-time player, never mind a new person trying to learn how systems work.

I predict an explosion of "let's plays" and "how to plays" and "I don't understand this aspect" posts, videos, and wiki edits as soon as C# Aurora launches.  You'll have dozens of people trying to figure out all the same things you are trying to figure out, at the same time, and folks on this board are great at helping each other.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 07:44:33 AM by Father Tim »

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, logancapitalist

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 03:48:44 AM »
Its been a long time since I've run a bog standard default TNE campaign. Though the new low tech stuff looks interesting, I'm still on the fence about which one I shall run.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2020, 05:01:31 AM »
I'm going to go for a standard non TN start and stick with the policy of not going back to any prior saves in order to appropriately simulate my Federation fumbling their way to the stars as I work through all the new rules and interface. I expect to be dealing with plenty of marooned ships, troops with no supplies and horribly inefficient naval structures etc - can't wait!

Offline Ayeshteni

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2020, 07:50:29 AM »
I'm going to go for a standard non TN start and stick with the policy of not going back to any prior saves in order to appropriately simulate my Federation fumbling their way to the stars as I work through all the new rules and interface. I expect to be dealing with plenty of marooned ships, troops with no supplies and horribly inefficient naval structures etc - can't wait!

Usually how I run most my Aurora games. It's half the fun!

Aye.

Offline MultiVitamin (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
I said what I'd do in the OP, but with time comes more interesting ideas.

One of which ideas is to test to see exactly how many NPRs and Systems my computer can handle for how long before the game bogs down.

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2020, 12:11:48 PM »
i will build ships with as much officer roles of them as possible, every ship function that can be enhanced by an officer will be fittet with modules providing space for said officer.
Warships, Scouts, Traders, Troop Transports, Space Stations, every one will have more then just the commander onboard.

Also i would love to try out ground combat, i think that the more granular approach on army layout and troop composition will give far more meaning even to guard posts with their humble ground army and STO support.

Also i would like to try out diplomacy, as in VB6 i never quite understood it and either eradicated or got eradicated

Offline Geezer

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »
What I will do when C# finally arrives is stop checking here every 5 minutes to see if it has launched yet.    :P
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

The following users thanked this post: Doren, bro918, Nori, Vivalas, Protomolecule