Author Topic: Game discussion  (Read 17442 times)

Offline FGRaptor

• Petty Officer
    • Minecraft Creations
Re: Game discussion
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »
Just contacted you. Forum PMs are bad, since I never see them really.
Minecraft Creations

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
Emm, I was gone for a few days and things seemed to have worked out so far.
We are doing a restart with the same history right? I just copied my empire to the new thread.
Is there anything else important I'm missing? I'll try to read the discussion so far though.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »
Dutchling: Need you to contact me via email, so I know which address is yours and to send you the link and password to your db.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
Could you PM me your email? I can't find it anywhere.
And do we need to give our orders already?

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »
I have just significiantly updated the Antarctic Harbour introduction post (and polished the first paragraph a bit).
I think this is especially interesting to Ardem, because it contains information about society, mentality and military training unique to Antarctica.
Basically, the new content starts after the picture of the Antarctic territories.

Offline Panopticon

• Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2011, 11:39:14 AM »
I'll get my stuff up later today, I also wanted to say that the Antarctic faction is a damn cool idea and I liked the write up.

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »
For the NZDL location on the map, it's the states of Utah, Idaho, Arizona, eastern Washington & Oregon, northern California & Nevada, western Wyoming & Montana.

Thanks,
--Mav

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
Map's posted, though you'll notice the lack of Shadowveil. I'll paint them next weekend when their introduction post is in (as I don't have access to my desktop during the week) as well as any other faction that joins. I told the forum to display it in a third of its original size so smaller resolutions don't go awry when viewing it. To see all the smaller islands and areas or point out any incorrect borders view the image directly in its full size.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:22:27 PM by Vynadan »

Offline Destra

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
Ill post further updates later when I get home but I think if noone has germany ill take that over

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:28 AM »
People have said there pictures and race image does not look right, well this is due to my map and race pack being different.

I will release them when we are all ready to start.

I have created an c:\aurora4 folder and copied all my data files into that so it seperate from my other games and can launch it at a moments notice so if you do not wish to disturb you current map\race\planet details then feel free to do the same.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
Wow what a first turn it took 4 hours to complete, lets hope in future its a bit easier. Queued research for a year is nice, please make sure you do this. Although research that relies on other research is a pain <smile>

Each turn was 5 day increments.

Also when everyone has there plans submitted I will make a go of it, even if it before deadline date, if you have last minutes changes that is fine, but once I start the turn that is it. So make sure of your orders. I would prefer if you have one go at it, the more complex it gets the harder for me it is.

If the excel file I gave everyone is good enough please say so, if you want the story that goes with it, it take more time. 8 stories take a while (although I would not call what I done a story but even so it takes time)

I have the ability to give a complete year log if you cannot view it in the excel file as a txt file. But would hope you can read the excel doc the log is under the race tab.

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2011, 06:29:09 AM »
Just noticed that construction cycles are set to 80k instead of 400k. So that should make a construciton cycle each day? Never played around with that setting, so I'm not sure how much this impacts gameplay, but I don't mind either way.

The excel document was actually quite intersting, but I haven't done more than glanced at it yet.

*edit*
I just noticed that minerals are on HW level and not adjusted to eight factions like Panopticon did. Was this done on purpose, or an oversight? (I wouldn't mind either mineral level, it's just good to know)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:33:14 AM by Vynadan »

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
On purpose, resources will be an issue on Earth, you should have enough to get off it, but if you don't leave enough you might be in trouble.

Offline Destra

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »
So in otherwords get your butts off earth asap :p gotcha will do cappo!

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2011, 06:11:42 AM »
Updated the world map again:
Added AD but still left Shadowveil out because the intro post isn't finished ( :P ) and I don't know how much of Russia or Germany to include.
"East of Texas" means "not Texas itself" to me, but AD looks a bit small to me the way it is?
Also added the rest of the US west coast to NZDL as per ardem's request.