Author Topic: Can't build ships.  (Read 6457 times)

Offline ceselb (OP)

• Registered
  • Petty Officer
  • c
Re: Can't build ships.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »
No... they're... in orbit.  you don't have to launch them.  honestly, at this stage, i would suggest taking screenshots again to assist us.  You have more than 5 posts now, so you should be able to post URLs and images normally.
That situation is long gone now and since I couldn't post screenshots sensibly then I didn't take any. Just take my word for it, while the ships didn't move at all since produced the maintenance clock ticked on.

Anyway. How can you make a gate using the SM mode? I actually went into it now and couldn't figure out a thing.

EDIT:
Threshhold is 10 posts.
Well, it still adds another space after the period when I edit. So either it's still trying to censor me or something else is seriously b0rked with the forum code.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:13:58 PM by ceselb »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
EDIT: Well, it still adds another space after the period when I edit. So either it's still trying to censor me or something else is seriously b0rked with the forum code.

Post a link so I can see what's happening. Once you hit 10 posts, it should not munge up the urls anymore.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:28 PM »
I think we have a misunderstanding.  You said "My ships' maintenance clocks are advancing even though they're in orbit of Earth and Earth has more maintenance capacity than the size of any ship".  (Paraphrase)

I said "How did you get your ships into orbit of Earth?"

You said:
I didn't get them into orbit. So that's why it's not working then. Though I'm curious to the reasoning behind having ground based things only work in orbit.
This sounds like you're saying "I didn't get the maintenance facilities into orbit.  Why should they need to be in orbit if they're ground based?" then you didn't understand what I was saying.

If what you're actually saying is "oops, my ships started moving away from Earth at speed 1, so they weren't in LEO even though I thought they were" and "What is the reasoning behind having ground-based maintenance facilities only work on ships in LEO", then the answer is "Because they only work on ships that are 'at' the planet, and if you move away even a tiny little bit the game considers you to be 'not at' the planet."

John