Author Topic: v1.7.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.7.1 Bugs Thread
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.7.1

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.7.1

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: v1.7.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 12:31:16 PM »
COpy PASTA:

Fighters cause auto-turn interrupts, which makes it impossible to use auto turns when you're building fighters because they're normally built just about every tick.

Remind me about this after 1.7.1 is released. I can change it, but it will be a database update.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.   70 bug
When creating Ship class, there is some kind of problem with MSP and Maintance Life when Maintnance storage and Enginering Spaces are pressent on the same ship.   

Adding Maintance Storage and Enginering spaces gives diffrent results depending on order of placement and amount of trying to repeat same order of placement.   

Below I present results from my tests.
ES= Enginering Spaces  MSB= Maintance Storage Bay

Standard ES ---> Large MSB = Maint Life 1,38 Years     MSP 2 025    AFR 524%    IFR 7,3%    1YR 1 154    5YR 17 313

(ES not replaced every test)
 (1 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 1,37 Years     MSP 2 025    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423
 (2 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 0,37 Years     MSP 425    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423
 (3 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 1,37 Years     MSP 2 025    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423
 (4 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 0,37 Years     MSP 425    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423

Confirmed to happen with diffrent combination of sizes.    Tried many times, but it is hard to get same results.    Seems like placment of ES resets the cicle, or changes it to one of two possibile cicles? Not sure.   

tried to check diffrent combinations, but results were a mess.

Done on ship attached to post.   

UPDATE:
seems like amount of ES and MSB determines when cicle changes.
2 modules are changing ---> (1try = result 1 // 2try = result 2 // 3try = result 1 // 4try = result 2)
3 modules are changing ---> (1try = result 1 // 2try = result 1 // 3try = result 2 // 4try = result 1)

Please can you report this after I launch 1.7.1. It looks like it will take a while to understand resolve and I want to get 1.7.1 out soon due to the serious bug with colony creation.

Offline Aloymetal

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:46:56 PM »
The first five windows open blank.    Only thing I can think is to try reloading all files, not just the application and data base.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 12:53:23 PM »
The first five windows open blank.    Only thing I can think is to try reloading all files, not just the application and data base.

Have you tried the reset windows button?

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 12:58:44 PM »
Renaming an existing naval admin command deletes its type prefix (gets added back if you click Update Admin).

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:03:53 PM »

The Economics window opens up on my second monitor, which makes people with a single monitor think it's broken. Hopefully the next database update fixes its default position back to the pre-v1.7 setting.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »

The Economics window opens up on my second monitor, which makes people with a single monitor think it's broken. Hopefully the next database update fixes its default position back to the pre-v1.7 setting.

There is a table in the database called FCT_WindowPosition, which stores the starting location for each window. Normally I delete everything in it before releasing so everything defaults to 0,0, but I forgot for v1.7.

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 01:20:02 PM »
I have the same Bug as DFnewb has where adding more Maintenance Storage Bays reduce the overal MSP Capacity.
It happens when i add Smaller Storage Bays to a Design that already has Engineering spaces and a Large Storage Bay

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 01:20:54 PM »
Oumuamua in the Sol system does not move.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 01:26:06 PM »
Some issues with the new utility for tankers in Class Design:

When I click on the button to set ship as Tanker, the info tab shows up and the minimum fuel is set, but the Tanker button is not activated, I have to click it again.

Then when I switch to different design, info tab is shown again and fuel minimum is set for that design too.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
Reported previously, still in 1.7.1

Civilian Shipping - Setting a demand/supply order, then looking at the shipping lines log in the fleet menu, displays the moved goods as "Trade Goods" even though it was Mines and Auto Mines etc. If the civilians move infrastructure by themselves, they correctly write down "Infrastructure".

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »
I'm a bit confused, I might be doing it wrong, it might be a bug, don't know: started my game in 1.70, updated to 1.71 for colony bug, created colony on Luna, wanted to move automated mines to Luna, so I loaded a couple on a cargo ship, just a ship with engines and cargo bays, picking up from Earth is fine, but there is no option to drop installations on Luna? Did I miss a technology for my cargo ship that allows it to drop off cargo on freshly colonized planets? I literally have nothing on Luna, not even infrastructure...

The database is attached.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 01:44:50 PM »
I'm a bit confused, I might be doing it wrong, it might be a bug, don't know: started my game in 1.70, updated to 1.71 for colony bug, created colony on Luna, wanted to move automated mines to Luna, so I loaded a couple on a cargo ship, just a ship with engines and cargo bays, picking up from Earth is fine, but there is no option to drop installations on Luna? Did I miss a technology for my cargo ship that allows it to drop off cargo on freshly colonized planets? I literally have nothing on Luna, not even infrastructure...

Freighters must have cargo shuttle bays or the colony must have a spaceport and/or cargo shuttle station to unload.

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 01:45:33 PM »

Freighters must have cargo shuttle bays or the colony must have a spaceport and/or cargo shuttle station to unload.

Gotcha! Was wondering what they're for ;D

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 01:49:26 PM »
Some issues with the new utility for tankers in Class Design:

When I click on the button to set ship as Tanker, the info tab shows up and the minimum fuel is set, but the Tanker button is not activated, I have to click it again.

Then when I switch to different design, info tab is shown again and fuel minimum is set for that design too.

Fixed. That is annoying so I will put out a 1.7.2 later this evening. Save compatible.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:51:39 PM by Steve Walmsley »