Author Topic: Quasar4x - An Aurora4x VB6 clone  (Read 167249 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Quasar4x - An Aurora4x VB6 clone
« Reply #450 on: September 03, 2021, 12:49:22 AM »
Sounds like an idea to create this as a mod. Do you know someone who would look into this?

Tuli

« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2021, 04:52:30 PM »
Same problem as Aurora.  Resize please.  Y have 1366x768 screen.  Sorry! Thanks!

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #452 on: September 05, 2021, 07:21:08 PM »
Same problem as Aurora.  Resize please.  Y have 1366x768 screen.  Sorry! Thanks!

In the main menu, you can use Quasar4x > Settings > Shrink to fit small displays

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #453 on: September 06, 2021, 08:07:10 PM »
Is there a way to slow down research? So used to 10-20% speed from C#-Aurora that it feels like a superrush in Quasar... .
Yes, I have a DB mod that did this. The update broke it but when I fix it I'll post it.
I wanted more expensive techs but not components. So if you just modified research labs that might work better.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing in the next release or two.  I want to have two modifiers you can change on the Game Details page, one for core tech and one for racial tech.  But I don't want to lose the "feel" of how much work is represented by, say, 1000 RP, and I especially wouldn't want 1000 RP to represent different amounts of work depending on whether the tech was racial.  So I would have modifiers that affect the development costs of technologies and research projects themselves.  Any time the game selected TechSystem.DevelopCost from the db, it would now multiply that by the modifier.  So, for example, if you changed the core technology modifier from 100% to 200%, Gravitational Survey Sensors would cost 4000 RP, rather than the standard 2000 RP they cost now.

This is now available in version 166

The following users thanked this post: iceball3, TMaekler

Tuli

« Reply #454 on: September 07, 2021, 07:05:27 PM »
Quote from: Kyle link=topic=10149. msg154960#msg154960 date=1630887668
Quote from: Tuli link=topic=10149. msg154959#msg154959 date=1630878750
Same problem as Aurora.   Resize please.   Y have 1366x768 screen.   Sorry! Thanks!

In the main menu, you can use Quasar4x > Settings > Shrink to fit small displays

Thanks Kyle! Now I can play but. . .  is to small i think haha.

Doc

« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2021, 05:50:25 PM »
Do you intend to add a game option to modify terraforming or survey time?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #456 on: September 10, 2021, 04:56:40 PM »
Three QoL suggestions:

a) I sometimes misclick between the two commands "refuel from colony" and "resupply from colony"... always getting ships stranded unintentionally. If we could colorize the available actions to easier detect them and not misclick so often, I would appreciate this. In general all tables could benefit from the option to be able to colorize the elements... .

b) The individual columns of tables like the "Ships in Task Group" - I happen to have long ship class names and have to drag the window very wide so I can see the full name of the class. If the width of the columns wouldn't be fixed but rather be changeable in their individual width, I would also appreciate this (and not waste space on overlong other columns so I can see one specific in full ;-)

c) We can move the galactic map around with middle mouse button and as long as we don't close the game that changed position is remembered. But gets lost when we have exit the game. Can that position be saved?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:00:01 PM by TMaekler »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #457 on: September 11, 2021, 05:12:06 AM »
Could you add in the class design window the Hull Abbreviations in the "Class" dropdown? It would make finding ship classes easier. Basically that it looks like in the "Manage Shipyards" "Assigned Class"-Tab.

Also if a ship name has the added (P) for Prototype elements, when you want to change the name of that class, the "(p)" is included in the name field, and if you don't delete it, it becomes a permanent element of the ship class name.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #458 on: September 11, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »
b) The individual columns of tables like the "Ships in Task Group" - I happen to have long ship class names and have to drag the window very wide so I can see the full name of the class. If the width of the columns wouldn't be fixed but rather be changeable in their individual width, I would also appreciate this (and not waste space on overlong other columns so I can see one specific in full ;-)

You can mouse over the class name to see the full class name.  The same is true for any other table layout in the UI as well.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #459 on: September 11, 2021, 02:14:59 PM »

You can mouse over the class name to see the full class name.  The same is true for any other table layout in the UI as well.
Ah...  :D

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #460 on: September 11, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
When creating a new game with a SpaceMaster Empire, I created a new system and wanted to modify the atmosphere. But the button in the system view does nothing and creating a colony with the SM Race doesn't make the colony visible in the economics window. How can I modify the atmosphere so I can create a new race specific to that planet and my idea for a fitting atmosphere?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2021, 05:46:38 PM »
I was quite happy with the civilian shipping. It really seems to work - so I began to use it more and more. Now it seems to got stuck. Are there any rules I have to be aware of so I don't mess up the civilian shipping?

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2021, 09:50:02 PM »
When creating a new game with a SpaceMaster Empire, I created a new system and wanted to modify the atmosphere. But the button in the system view does nothing and creating a colony with the SM Race doesn't make the colony visible in the economics window. How can I modify the atmosphere so I can create a new race specific to that planet and my idea for a fitting atmosphere?

I'm pretty sure I fixed this for somebody else in a previous version already.  Do you have SpaceMaster mode enabled?

I was quite happy with the civilian shipping. It really seems to work - so I began to use it more and more. Now it seems to got stuck. Are there any rules I have to be aware of so I don't mess up the civilian shipping?

The only 'gotcha' I can think of is if the amount of trade goods you need to transfer is too small, civilians wont bother picking them up.  They only do pickups that will completely fill their cargo/colonist space.  This includes trade-generated infrastructure and colonists as well. 

If you don't think that's the issue, post the save file in the bug thread and I'll take a look when I can.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #463 on: September 13, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure I fixed this for somebody else in a previous version already.  Do you have SpaceMaster mode enabled?
Yes, just checked it. V166 and SM is on. I could create a new Empire but I wanted to modify the atmosphere before I do that.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2021, 01:44:06 PM »

The only 'gotcha' I can think of is if the amount of trade goods you need to transfer is too small, civilians wont bother picking them up.  They only do pickups that will completely fill their cargo/colonist space.  This includes trade-generated infrastructure and colonists as well. 

If you don't think that's the issue, post the save file in the bug thread and I'll take a look when I can.
I have attached the DB. It contains the SP Game with the civilian transport issue - though it only contains one transfer job. I had deleted all the others to see if that one gets done - but it doesn't. The Source planet is Snowden, target planet is Krügener.

It also contains the MP Game which has the other issue of not being able to modify the atmosphere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing