Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20504 times)

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2020, 02:37:46 AM »
Quote from: cocyte
Got a strange bug related to officer ranks and administration positions... The game hangs while performing a specific sequence of operation with a specific officer.

First, here is the database

With this DB, perform the following actions :
- Open the commanders window
- Select Rear Admiral Abigail Clayton
- Select the Naval Admin Commands jobs. -> A list of all the various departments should appears. An admiral is required for the top most command, a Vice admiral for the Formation Department
- Demote Abigail to Commodore -> The ranks required for the TSDI Navy switch to Vice Admiral, the rank for the Formation Department switch to Rear Admiral
- Promote Abigail to Vice Admiral -> The rank required jumps to Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy and to Admiral for the Formation Department
- Promote Abigail to Admiral -> Game hangs. Probably because it looks for a higher rank than Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy command.

It also happens with most of the commodores when promoted.

Furthermore, there's no "rank jumping" with several of the other commanders. For example, promoting her fellow Rear Admiral Kate Herbert don't change the required ranks at all.

Important context for investigation : I messed with the ranks, adding a new bottom most level (Lieutenant) for all freshmen. As you can only create a new top most rank (as far as I know), I renamed all the ranks.

Reproduced it on 1.7.3 using the default game : It's obviously due to the automated required rank adjustement of Naval Admin Commands depending on the rank of ship commanders.

With the Federation Planet game, on the commander window :
- Assign one of the Rear Admiral (Upper half) to one of the two grav survey ship.
- Check Naval Admin Commands : Required ranks are Admiral for the FN Navy and Vice Admiral for the Survey Command
- Promote the previously assigned Rear Admiral -> Required ranks jumps to Fleet Admiral and Admiral
- Promote this commander again -> Game hangs.

Ah, this is similar to the issue I mentioned above. There is a similar issue when someone assigned to a flag bridge position gets promoted to the next rank. The game can't find a replacement and gets stuck in a loop.

The following users thanked this post: Cocyte

Offline jejo68

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • j
Economic windows are gone
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2020, 02:45:34 AM »
Well subject pretty much sums it up.

since installing 1. 7. 3 I cant see the economic windows.

They appear to open, but they dont show up on my screen

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
Re: Economic windows are gone
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2020, 03:08:48 AM »
Well subject pretty much sums it up.

since installing 1. 7. 3 I cant see the economic windows.

They appear to open, but they dont show up on my screen

Link your database, it's probably due to the window position not being reset and thus being on your "second screen" even if you don't have one. Also try the "reset windows" button in the misc tab on the tactical map.

The following users thanked this post: jejo68

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 03:09:52 AM »
Minor auto-ranks bug, quite similar to mentioned above by Cocyte and Vivalas:
Having not enough (or game thinks it is) ranks to your Ground Forces OOB, you'll have "Function #1752: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" every time you open GF or Economics windows.
That is not craching your game, nor very annoying (not appearing during time increment), still can produce more critical hiden bugs; that is, I see strange distribution of moral level in my GFs.
(Tested on Conventional, Real Stars, decimal separator is '.', easy to reproduce, from the start.)

Offline abdull

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2020, 03:30:59 AM »
while looking for a ship class i accidentally pressed enter which gave me a error #2520 which deleted all my ship designs
and now when i try to save the game to restart the game i get a  error #1465
restarting the game deleted the ships i had
after restart i couldnt recreate the bug for i had no ships to try it on i think it only happens when you are changing the class of a locked design

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 03:33:56 AM »
Same bug in all the versions :_

currently using v1.73 with TN start

The Event log does not pause or cause an entry to appear when a Geo Survey ship completes its Standing Orders.

I gave the Geo ship the order to survey all Planets / Moons. It has completed its orders but I have received no notification of the fact in the event log.

DavidR

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd, RagnarVaren, abdull

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 03:46:13 AM »
while looking for a ship class i accidentally pressed enter which gave me a error #2520 which deleted all my ship designs
after restart i couldnt recreate the bug for i had no ships to try it on i think it only happens when you are changing the class of a locked design

2520 is the function that builds the class tree and is read-only. Can you provide a more detailed description of exactly what you did?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 03:47:04 AM »
Regarding the NPR reaching the limit of tech bug/issue, wouldnt be good to have a sort of final research or such to avoid this to happen? I mean sooner or later no matter how big the tech tree is it's still going to end....

Yes, I already added some code for that situation.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2020, 03:56:07 AM »
When military academy is upgraded all the way up to level 20, it can no longer be assigned academy commandants to, because the position completely disappears from the officer's menu.
This bug has been reproduced by other people playing aurora.

other information:
- 1.7.3 version
- conventional start
- two ranks additional ranks added to ground force ranks

This is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104092#msg104092

The following users thanked this post: Marski

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2020, 03:56:11 AM »
1.7.0 started game i now continue in 1.7.3

1) Status of the "keep tactical in background" box is not saved, have to reclick it on game load (minor issue)

2) met another npr, again, they refuse to communicate at all. They are Xenophobia 50, my race is 70 (forgot to lower the random value at creation)

3) Lauch Ready ordinance seems to work only once- have a minelayer with 6 tubes containing sensor probes, first lauch at jump node with 1 Missile tube selected and using the launch ready ordinance command worked like a charm, all others I had to launch at a waypoint designated as target in the fleet screen.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2020, 03:56:38 AM »
Seems like 1.73 moved the hull abbreviations to the front of the list again.
So have to search for those when searching through the class drop down list
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2020, 04:00:26 AM »
v1.7.3 (database is continuance from 1.7.0) -- originally posted in 1.7.2 but still present in 1.7.3

Function #2803: Attempted to divide by zero.

Occurred when I selected a stabilization ship in a specific fleet. It seemed to happen when switching from the selection of the fleet to the ship. It does NOT happen when I select a lot of my other ships, but does happen for several of my original ships.

1) Go to Naval Organization
2) Open the fleet STB Niagara (under Stabilization Command)
3) Select that fleet
4) Select the ship (UNS Niagara) in that fleet

Theories:
This is my original stabilization ship. Something went slightly awry with my ship designs in the upgrade to 1.7.1. They didn't have all their component parts despite having them in 1.7.0. I had to SM/unlock the design and put the parts back into this ship design, while this ship existed. It may be related to that. It doesn't seem to cause any real problems.

Yes, the bug is caused by the ship having a fuel efficiency of zero. Try replacing the engines (just SM to instant them into the design).

Offline abdull

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2020, 04:03:58 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10968.  msg126418#msg126418 date=1587458773
Quote from: abdull link=topic=10968.  msg126414#msg126414 date=1587457859

2520 is the function that builds the class tree and is read-only.   Can you provide a more detailed description of exactly what you did?

yes  i can try :)
in the class designer i tried to change the class of a ship i had already build (not sure if this matters) i typed in the class i was looking for and pressed enter which gave me the bug, because i am not good at explaining stuff in English i added a picture. 

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 04:23:22 AM »
Hello Steve. 

This was tested on 1.  7.  2, but I still can't get the civies to trade LG infrastructure.   
I used Earth and Luna to get the shipping lines nice and fat then introduced the dreaded test plague which wiped out Earth and Luna and restricted travel to them.    Ceres was fully populated and set as both Stable and Source for different time periods, yet the small initially seeded LG colonies never got any of the sweet LG infrastructure Ceres produced.    DB included to show test setup.

Thanks for setting up the scenario and sending the DB. Both types of infrastructure were not being traded if the source required the specific type of infrastructure. The bug was not considering infrastructure already in place. Fixed and the first deliveries have begun!

The following users thanked this post: Doren, mike2R, RagnarVaren, Chrisianak

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2020, 04:44:50 AM »
Game Started with 1.7.0 Version 1.7.3

Designing a new Magazine the HTK value of the Magazin is one Point greater than the selected HTK value