Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38749 times)

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2020, 04:34:32 AM »
Thanks, I'm gonna try. But It seems I can't find a way to transfer ships with Space Master mode  :o. Can you suggest me how to make it? Thanks

I went to test the 0 damage missile idea and couldn't find it either :p - don't know if it's coded yet so the idea might not work with the current Aurora version.

Offline Mark Yanning

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2020, 04:48:58 AM »
Ok guys, this is the day of dumb questions  :D. Any way you manage to create task forces? Has C# Aurora a different system for crew grade, training experience? It seem from fleet menu, I can't creat task force to assign to a command for training bonus. Thanks again  ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:56:05 AM by Mark Yanning »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2020, 07:21:19 AM »
TF and TG are both gone. There are only Admin Commands and Fleets now.

Task Forces = Admin Commands

Task Groups = Fleets

So for training, create a new Admin Command under your main AdCo and select the Training type. Assign a proper commander with a high crew training rating. Now drag-and-drop the ships you want to train under it and keep them there. Their maintenance clocks will run faster than normal to simulate wear and tear of constant training exercises.

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2020, 12:11:29 PM »
I'm yet to playtest the new ground forces, but I was curious. Do ground units provide planetary protection value?

IIRC you can no longer make armed space stations, and with PDCs gone, there has to be some way of providing permanent PPV. So can ground units do that?

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2020, 12:24:11 PM »
Doesn't look STOs do it. You can however build military stations in shipyard (ships with no engines) and use them as orbital defense platforms for PPV.

Perhaps the idea is no 'free' PPV without paying maintenance. Might be worth further testing if STOs don't add PPV and then asking Steve if that's WAI in the bug thread?

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2020, 12:38:20 PM »
I'm yet to playtest the new ground forces, but I was curious. Do ground units provide planetary protection value?

IIRC you can no longer make armed space stations, and with PDCs gone, there has to be some way of providing permanent PPV. So can ground units do that?

They don't provide PPV per se but they do reduce unrest as in VB6.

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

They don't provide PPV per se but they do reduce unrest as in VB6.

Although it doesn't say how they do it. In VB there was the police strength factor which could unrest on most planets / pops at 0 with just a few ground units.
Now I notice that the policing strength of the units don't seem to be as much as they were in VB compared to their production costs.

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »

You can still make space stations but they are limited in size now.

I personally have 100+ missile "satellites" on Earth which are 1km/s under 500ton ships I pump out of fighter factories and they provide the PPV for the other colonies on Sol.

The following users thanked this post: Vasious

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2020, 04:54:37 AM »
How can I create a sector?

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2020, 07:04:08 AM »
Quote from: Kamilo link=topic=10649. msg125077#msg125077 date=1587203677

Oh I just learned this yesterday.

1.   Research Improved Command and Control in (Logistics?)
2.   Build a Sector Command on a colony (or in my case starting planet)
3.   Assign a Sector Governor
4.   Open the Sector Management window, select a Sector, and then on the lower right hand pane, there will be a list of available systems.   Select the system.   The upper right hand pane shows how many systems that sector can add and how many jumps away from the sector command they can be.
5.   Close all the windows, select a colony in the system you put in the sector, open the summary/economics window.   At the top it should give the Colony Governor information and underneath that the Sector Governor information.
si vis pacem, para bellum

The following users thanked this post: Kamilo

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2020, 09:48:05 AM »
Quote from: Kamilo link=topic=10649. msg125077#msg125077 date=1587203677

Oh I just learned this yesterday.

1.   Research Improved Command and Control in (Logistics?)
2.   Build a Sector Command on a colony (or in my case starting planet)
3.   Assign a Sector Governor
4.   Open the Sector Management window, select a Sector, and then on the lower right hand pane, there will be a list of available systems.   Select the system.   The upper right hand pane shows how many systems that sector can add and how many jumps away from the sector command they can be.
5.   Close all the windows, select a colony in the system you put in the sector, open the summary/economics window.   At the top it should give the Colony Governor information and underneath that the Sector Governor information.

Thank you very much! I didn‘t have the option to build a sector command yet because the tech was still in the queue.

Offline hopeless4xnoob

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
In ship design, what does "Use Components" mean? Faster build for higher price?

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »

In a way, yes. Under industry you can use construction factories to pre-build ship components and then use those in ship construction. The ship itself will not be more expensive (I think), but the build time could be vastly reduced at the expense of using contruction for that instead of other things.

The following users thanked this post: hopeless4xnoob

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2020, 12:51:16 PM »

In a way, yes. Under industry you can use construction factories to pre-build ship components and then use those in ship construction. The ship itself will not be more expensive (I think), but the build time could be vastly reduced at the expense of using contruction for that instead of other things.

Quoted to emphasize you need to build the components first.  The ship will check once at the instant of beginning construction, and never again.  You can't build the engines simultaneously with the hull and then stuff them in when they're ready.

The following users thanked this post: hopeless4xnoob

Offline hopeless4xnoob

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2020, 02:58:18 PM »

Quoted to emphasize you need to build the components first.  The ship will check once at the instant of beginning construction, and never again.  You can't build the engines simultaneously with the hull and then stuff them in when they're ready.

Thank you both for the answer. I see the "Components' drop down now. The depth of this game is amazing.