Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 65425 times)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »
Public relations bonuses for PPV don't seem to be taken into account. I have a planet demanding 17 protection, and a military force providing 23.2(16 without the public relations bonus), and the planet is getting unrest.

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »
Minor error.  I am unable to rename the first Ground Force unit on the list.  All the others I can rename just fine.  I deliberately renamed one to take top spot and push the original top one down to second and it then let me rename it in turn . . . but now the new top unit can't be renamed . . .

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
Minor error.  I am unable to rename the first Ground Force unit on the list.  All the others I can rename just fine.  I deliberately renamed one to take top spot and push the original top one down to second and it then let me rename it in turn . . . but now the new top unit can't be renamed . . .

You can, it just takes a bit of patience to force the focus onto the top one. I usually click something lower, then the first and that works most of the time.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2013, 09:37:08 AM »
When landing ships into hangar decks while having shuttles in their boat bays makes those said shuttles or any onboard smallcraft disappear

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:46 PM »
When landing ships into hangar decks while having shuttles in their boat bays makes those said shuttles or any onboard smallcraft disappear

Your ships are like matryoshka dolls!  That's awesome!

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2013, 01:30:40 AM »
Like a lot of people, I have a lot of "Error in CheckCrewMorale"

Like a lot of people, it is a conventional start

but unlike most people, it's 40 years after the start of the game, and half my fleet now have "-0.01 month" for crew deployment...

It may be linked to the first "fuel module" built. As it is a crewless ship composed of fuel tanks (supposed to be carried when needed), it might trouble the game a bit...

Update:
After killing the process, scrapping the module and building a few ones with a "symbolic" crew quarter, the errors went away and the deployment duration was back in the non negative after one or 2 five-days cycles

-----------------------------------------------
I also have the already reported "Asteroids considered as habitable in the galactic map" bug.
Seems like the report is only based on the gravity range, as the temperature on the only "gravity adequate" 'roid is a scorching 584°C
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:04:32 PM by Cocyte »

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2013, 05:03:12 AM »
A bug in diplomacy for multi-nation games.

In a game where I control four different nations, I can only have 4 diplomacy teams assigned in total.  If I assign more than 4 in total, diplomatic teams from my other races are automatically unassigned so that the number of assigned diplomatic teams is 4.  Another user reported a similar problem.  Here is a link to the original thread:  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5827.0.html

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
I built prefabbed several PDCs, and had them shipped to a colony, then went to assemble them.  There were seven PDCs to assemble, so I entered Assemble PDC with 7 as the number of items.  7 PDCs were assembled, but only 1 was removed from the list.  I had to list Assemble PDC 7 different times.

Offline Blades

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »
I had Aurora 6.  1 working (Win 7). 
I installed 6.  2 and 6.  21 over the 6.  1
Now when i try to create a new game I get
Error 3265 Error in Get Promotion Score and have to reboot to get control back.   
I will try a full reinstall to see it that helps

A full installation seems to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:50:34 PM by Blades »

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »
Playing Aurora 6. 21.   22 years in I defeat a major fleet in Procyon resulting in 14 enemy ships wrecked.   I send my salvage ships to clean and up and end up with loads of Ship components and tech data ;D.   

I send the ship components back in freighters, but the tech data does not arrive on earth until the salvage ships return.   Between the time I salvaged a wreck and got 800 RP toward ECM-1 and the salvage ship returns to earth, my scientist complete research on salvage 1, aided in part by the ship components brought by the freighters as they were recovered.   

When the salvage ship got to earth and tried to download the 800 RP on ECM-1, Aurora deleted my colony on Earth (my capital, home to 850 million people, nearly all of my industrial capacity, research capacity and ship yards) :o.   This happened yesterday afternoon after a long weekend of play (approximately 2 years of game time since my last back up).

I made a copy of the stevefire file and tried to set earth back up, but all of my ongoing research and researchers have disappeared.

Offline CheaterEater

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04:23 PM »
I have a system loop in my game with the connecting jumpgates all built. I only have colonies in Sol. For some reason my civilian traffic decides to go all the way around the loop (4 jumps) to end up back in Sol. The route is most definitely not shorter or anything like that, they're going from Earth to Mercury or Mars (and back). I ended up deleting one of the jumpgates so that they wouldn't go through it anymore, which seemed to have fixed the problem but suboptimally.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
I have a system loop in my game with the connecting jumpgates all built. I only have colonies in Sol. For some reason my civilian traffic decides to go all the way around the loop (4 jumps) to end up back in Sol. The route is most definitely not shorter or anything like that, they're going from Earth to Mercury or Mars (and back). I ended up deleting one of the jumpgates so that they wouldn't go through it anymore, which seemed to have fixed the problem but suboptimally.

You know that is due to Union rules. Union rules state all commercial ships must transit via jump gate when available.

;)

Offline CheaterEater

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:09 PM »
You know that is due to Union rules. Union rules state all commercial ships must transit via jump gate when available.

;)

That certainly explains why when I made my first extrasolar colony the civies all dropped the Sol bodies and lavished attention on that one other colony. Very interesting unionization in the future!

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
Aurora v6.21, using either Windows XP or Windows 8-64.

20 years into game I just got

"Error in System Body Check
Error 3464 was generated by DOA.Database
Please report etc"

When cancelled it was followed by many repeats of

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
Please report etc"

This locks up Aurora and have to use Task Manager to close it.  

Anyone got any idea on how to fix it? I can only access database.
If not will have to abandon latest fiction project.

Edit
Compact database gives following errors and locks up

"Error in Compact DB
Error 3204 was generated by DOA.DbEngine
Database already exists
Please report etc"

followed by

"Error in Compact DB
Error 3420 was generated by DOA.Database
Object invalid or no longer set
Please report etc"

Finally I noticed that the system map date is 4th October 2062 while the Event log has a date of 9th October 2062. I guess this is what upset the system bodies check. Anyone know were to correct the error?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:06:08 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »
Aurora v6.21, using either Windows XP or Windows 8-64.

20 years into game I just got

Error 3464 was generated by DOA.Database
Please report etc"

When cancelled it was followed by many repeats of

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
Please report etc"

This locks up Aurora and have to use Task Manager to close it.  

Anyone got any idea on how to fix it? I can only access database.
If not will have to abandon latest fiction project.

Edit
Compact database gives following errors and locks up

"Error in Compact DB
Error 3204 was generated by DOA.DbEngine
Database already exists
Please report etc"

followed by

"Error in Compact DB
Error 3420 was generated by DOA.Database
Object invalid or no longer set
Please report etc"

Finally I noticed that the system map date is 4th October 2062 while the Event log has a date of 9th October 2062. I guess this is what upset the system bodies check. Anyone know were to correct the error?

SystemBodyCheck is used by ships that have default orders to carry out geological surveys. It shouldn't be affected by the date. If you have any ships with those type of orders, trying clearing the orders and see if that fixes the immediate problem. After that we can try to figure out the reason the error is occuring.

Steve