Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 65405 times)

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »
This is in 6.2.1

Due to some interesting system generation in a non-real-stars game, I  have a system which is showing a 2.0 and under colony cost planet on the Galactic Map, but there are no planets with that under the System Generation and Display or Available Colony windows.

The system is a quaternary system, and my guess is that it was initially generated with a nice planet or moon, which was gobbled up by a sun during cleanup. 

In this there is also a planet where the moons start at Moon 9, so the generation issue which was causing planet names to be out of sequence is also affecting Moons.

I have the save file available if needed.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »
Hi there,

This is my first bug report, I apologyze for my poor english. 

In 6.  21, I have developed a fighter and after build it I assign an officer to it.   Some officers increase their fighter combat bonus a lot in only one increase. 

I mean, for example, Chuck Norris ( ;D ) is assigned to a fighter and he has a 10% in combat fighter bonus.   After some time in the event screen you can read he has improved his Fighter Combat bonus in X, where X is a value between 1 and 10 (well, perhaps is higher).   When I check Chuck's profile, his combat fighter bonus is X-1*100, so if he increase in 8 his new skill will be 710%!!

Obviously his Promotion Value is increased in some thousands points.  .  .   yes, thousands.  I attach an image with the details.

Thanks for this awesome game!!

Offline Paul.B

• Petty Officer
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »
decided to go back to Aurora and try it again, but I am getting spammed to death with this error message every few turns

Error in CreateGameLog

Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

Have to repeatedly press the ok button about 6-7 times for it to go away and then it happens again a few turns later.  repeat Ad infinitum.

Heres screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/mMEPMax.jpg

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:32:50 PM by Paul.B »

Offline Konisforce

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
"Load/Unload Minerals to Reserve Level" does not seem to be working.  Whenever my freighters try to drop something off, I get ...

After clicking okay, the freighter will report that it has 10 hours left on the task, but this time will never actually count down.

Same(ish) thing here with perhaps a bit more on it:

I had a cycle of orders set up to load/unload to reserve level, transit 2 jump points, drop off at Sol, then return 2 jump points and repeat.  It moved to the load/unload order site and said 10 hours left on the task.  Advanced by 15 minutes (auto-incremented and stopped) to say the freighter group had finished its task, then it headed off for the first transit, all the while showing on the map that it was following the load/unload order and had 10 hours left.  Also note that it had in fact loaded minerals.  It transited both jump points, arrived at Sol, and then threw the error.  When I went to look at it again, it was back in orbit of the original planet (2 systems away) and had cancelled all orders.
Come take a look at Victoria Regina, an old-timey AAR

Offline FyrenEyce

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2013, 10:01:14 PM »
First off, awesome game.  I hope you keep up the great work. 

I have an annoying bug that pops up every year or two, usually in January although it's happened as early as December and as late as March.  Sometime during that time frame most years I get a message saying;

Error in CreateGameLog

Error 429 Was generated by Aurora
ActiveX component can't create object.

This is followed by several dozen messages saying;

Error in CreateGameLog

Error 424 was generated by Aurora
Object required.

I know this issue has been reported at least 2 other times hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,5651. msg60555. html#msg60555 and hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,4487. msg48177. html#msg48177, but haven't read any threads indicating a solution.  I am playing version 6. 2. 1 on Windows Vista.  Also I have had this happen since January 2026, so doesn't seem to be related to anything I am doing at the time.

As a side note, when I pressed the text file button in the event updates screen I got another error 429 followed by alot of error 424 messages (maybe 200?).  This leads me to believe this bug has something to do with Aurora attempting to write to a text file.  I was trying to export a log dump for an unrelated bug (see below).  For this bug the error messages do not show up in the event updates window even when the show errors box is checked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having the same issue Phobos posted here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,5651. msg60318. html#msg60318.  When I click the entry showing as "asteroids" in the system map screen, all bodies tab I get the following series of errors:

Error in tvView_NodeClick
Error 12 was generated by Aurora
Type mismatch

Error in tvView_NodeClick
Error 3061 was generated by DAO. Database
Too few parameters.  Expected 1.

(4x)Error in tvView_NodeClick
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set[sic]

Not sure if it's relevant or not but I have the options for asteroids in system bodies checked, orbital paths and names unchecked in the display tab and asteroids with colonies only and with minerals only unchecked in the display 2 tab.  Also in the system view screen I have asteroids set to show.  I've since deleted this game and haven't had the issue reproduced in any other games I've played so not sure what the cause may be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had the following error message:

Error in GroundCombat
Error 3021 was generated by DAO. Field
No current record.

This happened after fighting some robotic troops from some ruins I SM'ed onto Earth.  It was placed in the events log list just after destroying one of their units.

Offline El Bandano

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »
Playing with 6. 2. 1, I got 2 bugs right now:

1) Suddenly every tech has been unlocked for research, even the ones I already have.  For example for missiles I can now research both ICBM silos and gravatonic warheads.  No idea what will happen when I research a tech I already have, or when I research a tech without the previous ones, I haven't tried that.  I haven't touched the database and I haven't messed with SM apart from getting some instant designs at the start.

2) In the polpulation and production screen (industry, research, shipyards etc) clicking on a colony in the left panel does not work.  For example if I click on Mars the text will be selected (blue background), but the main screen will still show information from earth.  However, if I now press the up or down keys on my keyboard, it will select other colonies normally.

Doing a clean intall now, I'll keep a backup of the database in case anyone is interested.

Offline FyrenEyce

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »
In my newest game (v6. 21) I built a couple massive fuel harvesters with orbital habitats early on and when I tow them into orbit around a gas giant with fuel I get the following messages:

(6x)Error in ExecuteOrders
Error 5 generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or arguement

I get this series of errors then no further messages about it.  I'm guessing that it's the OH being parked where no colony is possible thats generating the errors.  I've searched the forums and haven't found any other mentions of this bug.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »
Playing with 6. 2. 1, I got 2 bugs right now:

1) Suddenly every tech has been unlocked for research, even the ones I already have.  For example for missiles I can now research both ICBM silos and gravatonic warheads.  No idea what will happen when I research a tech I already have, or when I research a tech without the previous ones, I haven't tried that.  I haven't touched the database and I haven't messed with SM apart from getting some instant designs at the start.

Are you sure you didn´t hit the "All Projects" button at the bottom of the tech screen?
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline El Bandano

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2013, 07:09:17 AM »
Quote from: Hawkeye link=topic=5651. msg62433#msg62433 date=1365828110
Are you sure you didn´t hit the "All Projects" button at the bottom of the tech screen?

SM was off while it happened.  I was rearanging my research projects, shuffling labs around between various projects.  I may have hit a button by mistake, but I am 100% sure SM was disabled.  And the projects were not researched, they were just available for research.

To add to the mistery, the bug seems to be gone now. .  I did not reinstall or touch anything since last night but somehow the tech screen is back to normal.  No idea what's going on, I'll post again if it happens again.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
Errors D:.

I get these at 5+ days increments. I have not done anything else yet. Decimal separator is correct. Have not messed with the database.
Any idea what it could be?

Stream of errors in seemingly endless.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
Errors D:.

I get these at 5+ days increments. I have not done anything else yet. Decimal separator is correct. Have not messed with the database.
Any idea what it could be?

If you have just started a conventional start game with missile bases then there is a know bug that crops up.  You are going to want to enter sm mode, go to the F6 screen count how many bases you have (highest number in name) and then delete all the bases.  Then go to the ship design screen (F5) unlock the missile bases and change the deployment time.  I usually just make it 4 months and then lock the design down.  This is because for some reason the icbm bases you start with have no crew quarters and will actually start to blow up due to the flaw.  Once all this is done go to the sm pulldown menu and select the fast-ob (shift-F9).  Select the design, the destination task group and then enter how many of them you should have.  Don't worry if this gives you a negative number of build points, you are repairing a computer fault not cheating extra bases/ships that you wouldn't normally get. 

Brian

Offline hubgbf

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • h
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2013, 02:25:41 PM »
Hi,

Playing with 6.2.1 I noticed that if you send an asteroid miner ship on a body with a colony (and a mass driver), then send another with the join order, the mining tab doesn't count the mining capacity of the new ship, even one year later.

If you order the fleet to move to the same body, then the new ship mining capacity appear in the mining tab.

It seems that a move order triggers mining capacity calculation, but not a join order.

Bye,
Hubert

Offline kmod

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
Couple tug bugs:
- if you're towing a ship with higher total engine power than the tug (which I tried since I had my fuel-efficient tugs pull my fast-but-fuel-hungry warships around), the towed ship will actually end up towing the tug, by which I mean that the speed is set to towed_ship_epwr / (towed_ship_size + tug_ship_size), and the towed ship will start using fuel.
- I was unable to tow a damaged warship that had all its fuel storage facilities destroyed, since the TG would complain that the towed ship had run out of fuel
- if a towed ship takes damage while being tugged, which reduces its speed, it can be ejected from the tug TG because its speed is too low ("As [ship] has slowed to 1km/s due to damage, it has been detached from [TG]")

And a random bug: refitting a ship doesn't seem to trigger the "is this ship slower than the TG speed" check, so you can refit a fast ship to be slower, and it will still travel at its old speed.   at some random point in the future sometimes they will reset to the correct speed, but say incorrectly that the ship took damage.

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2013, 03:08:41 AM »
Event updates window is blank
No error message
By blank I mean that it's an empty form - no form elements/controls are displayed.  
Game is working fine other than that (can progress time etc).  
I've been playing for about 50 years in-game with no problems prior to this.   Version 6.  2.  
Is there an error log I can look at?

Edit: I reverted to a backup of SteveFire. mdb and this issue doesn't happen, so it's something in the DB.  Any ideas how to progress this?

Edit - No error message. I can provide the DB file if required.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:52:51 PM by Kof »

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:23 AM »
About the Asteroid miner bug, it seems that this issue occurs even if the arriving task group of asteroid miners doesn't join the existing TG, so the total asteroid mining capacity is only calculated when asteroid miners arrive on an asteroid that has no asteroid miners present.