Author Topic: 3.2 Bugs  (Read 20798 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 3.2 Bugs
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
A size 1 missile launcher costs 6.  All other missie launchers (size 2 through 24) cost 4 per space - except for size 9 missile launchers, which cost 38 instead of 36.  It makes sense to me to charge a premium on the smallest launcher, but clearly the size 9 tubes are out of whack.
Firstly, well spotted! They were both caused by typoes in the database which I have fixed for v3.3

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 07:25:55 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
The 'SM Mods' window has no entry for maintenance supplies, as I recently discovered after creating my empire on the wrong planet.  I was able to move everything else by hand, but was forced to abandon two years' worth of maintenance.  No real harm done, as I credited the mineral stockpiles with the appropriate raw materials, and I'll have plenty of time to re-manufacture.
I have added the entry for v3.3

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 07:34:42 AM »
Quote from: "alanwebber"
If you have an item in the research queue which is completed via active scanning, it is not removed from the list and Is researched again at full cost.
I have added some code to v3.3 to remove any item completed by active scanning from research queues and also from the current researchable item of pops other than that to which it was downloaded (which is already handled)

Steve

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:10 AM »
I have just tested this within your campaign, Steve.
It looks like every time I lock or unlock a new PDC design, the armor level is reduced by 4 (I made a PDC with 32 armor, and the level was reduced every time by 4 until it reached level 1)

The same seems to happen, whenever you later look at a design on the design screen.

Edit: This was supposed to be a reply to the vanishing PDC armor post
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 09:12:10 AM »
My ICBM modified base was copied from the original ICBM base, but I've also noticed the Armor problem on new designs.  I noticed Hawkeye's comments above.

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »
Buy Ships From the Civilian Fleet

It appears that the civies don't do any maintenance at all.  :D When buying ships it looks like you get them with their maintenance clock run up from the start of their existence (got one freighter with 22 years on the clock).

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 07:03:25 AM »
Re vanishing armor: Hawkeye is correct in that this problem is only with PDCs.  I'm able to add and subtract armor from ships with no problems.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »
Steve -

I am still using 3.1, but I suspect that this bug is the same in both.  In a recent battle one of my governments had two jump ships take heavy damage, knocking out each of their jump drives.  In the aftermath of the battle they had time to perform damage control/repairs, and one of the jump ships was able to repair its jump drive enabling the squadron to return to the solar system.  Or so I thought.  I gave the squadron with the repaired jump ship orders to transit out of the system and advanced the time enough that they should have jumped.  They did not jump, and the log had the following message: "Squadron cannot carry out its order as at least one ship is larger than the ship with the highest jump rating."

I checked, and none of the ships were larger than the jump ship (they couldn't have been, since the same jump ship conveyed them into the system in the first place).  Just to be sure of what was going on, I took all of the ships out of the squadron except the repaired jump ship, and then ordered it to transit again.  Once again it did not transit, and the same message was generated, indicating to me that while the jump drive was repaired, somewhere in Aurora it thinks that the ship still has no jump drive.  The Individual Unit display shows that the ship has a jump drive, but obviously there is some array somewhere that was zeroed out when the ship received damage, and then not restored when the ship was repaired through damage control.  

Kurt

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
Didn't we have this bug mentioned previously.  Or lack of bug if I remember correctly.  You have to recheck the drive as active on the Individual Ship Screen I think.  It gets repaired in the offline mode.

Of course I could be remembering this completely wrong.  :)

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
Quote from: "Cassaralla"
Didn't we have this bug mentioned previously.  Or lack of bug if I remember correctly.  You have to recheck the drive as active on the Individual Ship Screen I think.  It gets repaired in the offline mode.

Of course I could be remembering this completely wrong.  :)

Once you mentioned it, I realized that you were right, I could remember something along those lines.  I checked, and sure enough the "Jump Engine - Active" box was not checked.  Oops.

Kurt

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »
I have stumbled over something in my newly launched campaign (thanks a lot Steve and Kurt for inspiring (forcing) me to spent all my free time in front of my computer instead of doing walks in the forest, going to cinemas and so on, grrrr)  :)  :)

Edit 2:
The Fuel Refineries are working now. I noticed this after the first civil spaceport was build. The first 5-day-turn afterwards, production started with only 8,000l (I calculated 26.000 per 5-day-turn), but afterwards, the amount produced was pretty much spot on with what I had calculated.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Oh, btw, I noticed one of the american officers name: Commander Andrea Weatherwax !!!!!

Now the next thing will be Corporal Carrote coming around and telling everyone how noughty it is to shoot at each other and that we will all go to jail  :)  :D .

Kurt

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »
There appears to be a bug of some sort related to research and design relating to engines.

I researched the first level power plant, and before I could start researching the first level engine I found that I could design a missile with an engine.  Once I started researching the missile engine that ability went away.

I also researched the first level engine, then went to design my first engine and research it.  Before the research was started that engine was available for putting on ships.

It may only happen if you have one option available for each of the selections for engines.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Steve -

I've been playing around with 3.2 and pre-trans-newtonian-tech (PTNT) nations, and I noticed that my PTNT race can build all types of ground units, not just the two low tech versions.  This isn't right, is it?  Should a PTNT nation be able to build high tech ground units?  Perhaps the high tech ground units could be a research item with a prerequisite of trans-newtonian tech.

Kurt

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 10:01:12 AM »
I came across another one.
I finally started upgrading the missile complexes to full blown PDCs.
Every 5-day-turn, Aurora would throw a

Error in calculate Refit Cost
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field
Kein aktueller Datensatz  ==> No set of data present (or something to that effect)

at me (one error for each missile complex in refit)

I´m not sure this is a pure 3.2 issue, as I seem to remember something like this happening earlier when updating regular PDCs to a newer ones.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany