Author Topic: 3.2 Bugs  (Read 20853 times)

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: 3.2 Bugs
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »
I just started playing around with 3.2 by starting a new pre TNT race.

I noticed it started with 1 naval acadamy, and the teams screen sys it will produce 5 officers per year.

1 year later, I have 10 new officers...

Built a second one, and 6 months later there are another 10 new officers (ie 20/year now).

Either they are producing at 10/year and the teams screen is wrong, or they are producing too fast...

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2008, 10:51:11 AM »
am in WAITN for re-open and re-play ur game Steve.Any news from "critical" bug and my database? am repeat: why u cant upload UR database FREE from "Savegame" and "DataHistory" bugs? so we can download ur and play without trouble next 2000000 years.
1 weeks from ur last words..
Hope u can help us.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
Steve could post his current database, but it would likely be useless to you - you would also need his current version of the application.

You can go into the database and change the required fields on your own to double instead of long and then still be able to use it...

Or if Steve could remember which tables and fields needed this done, it would not be hard to do.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »
And don't forget that Steve is not getting paid for any of this too. He's doing this as his time permits.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »
wait and quiet pls.My english r very far from good,so prob my tone and words r too bad for your.
IVE read so Steve tell us: "MAIL ME your database and me..etceter etcera..."--ARE ALL CLEAR?
so am send him 1 week ago the database.
IF STEVE had understand BAD from last post are STEVE and not anyone who can REPLY at ME on MAIL.
So am repeat: am ever tankfull to steve for awesome game.
Am post 6 QUESTIONS: "WHYNOT steve mail db" "..whynot steve can post YOUR DB and we c an download it"...and STEVE never answer me.
Am read only strnge answer and MISUNDERSTANDING answerrs from Erik and from OTHERS who IVENT never tell.

So am WAITIN STEVE's Answer.

ty for patient.
Anyone pls think for HIMSELF and not think too bad.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2008, 04:47:07 AM »
Under the missile design screen the box for em sensors does not seem to be tied to anything.  I do not get any sensor value, no matter what size sensor, or the base tech.  I even did it with the em sensors maxed out and a 20msp sensor and the value was still 0.

Brian

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 11:44:31 PM »
A few things i've noticed with 3.2:

- Lower Grid on the Mining/Maintenance tab (economics form) is labelled "Atmospheric Terraforming". Probably should be "Maintenance Report"

- Civilian ships are having officers from my empire assigned to them

- Reports say the civilians have built 1 ship, but two ships always are appearing...

- clicking on an item in the reseach queue should still show the notes on that item in the technology description box...

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 08:54:38 AM »
Another question-

Why are civilian ships being counted in the maintenance grid? Surely they maintain their own ships (and should provide their own commanders). If not, then how much do we get paid for the reources theya re stealing for maintenance?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
Re vanishing armor: Hawkeye is correct in that this problem is only with PDCs.  I'm able to add and subtract armor from ships with no problems.
The missile bases given to pre-TNT races are marked with a PreTNT flag so they don't get the armour bonus. This is to create the situation where they are vulnerable to attack whereas a TN PDC is quite difficult to destroy. I think this flag is either being transferred if you copy them or is being somehow set for new PDCs. Unfortunately I can't recreate the problem yet.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
am in WAITN for re-open and re-play ur game Steve.Any news from "critical" bug and my database? am repeat: why u cant upload UR database FREE from "Savegame" and "DataHistory" bugs? so we can download ur and play without trouble next 2000000 years.
1 weeks from ur last words..
Hope u can help us.
I've modified the original v3.2 database and posted it in the installations thread.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
wait and quiet pls.My english r very far from good,so prob my tone and words r too bad for your.
IVE read so Steve tell us: "MAIL ME your database and me..etceter etcera..."--ARE ALL CLEAR?
so am send him 1 week ago the database.
IF STEVE had understand BAD from last post are STEVE and not anyone who can REPLY at ME on MAIL.
So am repeat: am ever tankfull to steve for awesome game.
Am post 6 QUESTIONS: "WHYNOT steve mail db" "..whynot steve can post YOUR DB and we c an download it"...and STEVE never answer me.
Am read only strnge answer and MISUNDERSTANDING answerrs from Erik and from OTHERS who IVENT never tell.

So am WAITIN STEVE's Answer.

ty for patient.
Anyone pls think for HIMSELF and not think too bad.
Unfortunately real life (or playing Aurora, or work, or occasionally EVE, or maybe CIV4 :)) interferes sometimes and I don't check my email or the forum for several days. As this is a free game, I can't promise to always answer emails and enquiries as fast as I would like.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 09:03:38 AM »
Quote from: "Randy"
Another question-

Why are civilian ships being counted in the maintenance grid? Surely they maintain their own ships (and should provide their own commanders). If not, then how much do we get paid for the reources theya re stealing for maintenance?
Its a display bug. Although they are shown on the maintenance grid, you aren't actually being charged for them. Fixed for v3.3

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
STEVEEEEEEEEEEEE!!i u still play at EVE????????

AM "LERMONTOV" and DIVEGA on EVE tooooooo!!DDDDDD

pls tell me!! "LERMONTOV" am with KARSTEN corps LWM..KARSTEN am think had request in ur forum registrati9on loool
and ty for reply.Ty v much Steve.see ya in EVE! +
now we r on IDERION
GENESIS region

feel free to join us!!!!!!!!!!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 10:01:41 AM »
Quote from: "Randy"
- Lower Grid on the Mining/Maintenance tab (economics form) is labelled "Atmospheric Terraforming". Probably should be "Maintenance Report"

- Civilian ships are having officers from my empire assigned to them
Both fixed for v3.3

- Reports say the civilians have built 1 ship, but two ships always are appearing...
They will sometimes build more than one ship so you could get a small fleet of 3 or more colony ships for example but as far as I can tell from the code, the message should state the correct number of ships that have been built.

- clicking on an item in the reseach queue should still show the notes on that item in the technology description box...
Added for v3.3

Steve

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »
I get a warning message when creating a non trans-newtonian race.  Error 3265 generated by DAO.fields  Item not found in this collection.  The title is Error in SetupNPRClasses.  It doesn't seem to have any imediate effect until I play out a couple of years.  Then I start to get a different error.

Brian