Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 52629 times)

Offline Chev

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:18 PM »
I'm having a very weird visual problem when I try to run the game.   The menu items in dialog boxes are always squished into one line, even if the text spans multiple lines.  

Here's what it looks like for me:
http://i.imgur.com/vv4rY.png

For reference, the appearance from the wiki:
http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=File:Splash.jpg

Anyone know what's going on?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:04:34 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
Jupiter has two moons named Elara.  I noticed this in my own save and confirmed the duplication is also in Crusade.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 05:50:17 AM »
Steve! where r u?

:)

many Bugs..urgent ur work eheh

mainly from F9 (System and planet image Bugs).

C'mon Steve..

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »
Im not sure if this was a bug or not but at the risk of everyone calling me noob I figured I might as well post it.

Civilian Freight Lines are causing interrupts when they dont have a cargo to load on a planet and a contract set up.   For example I set up an infrastructure contract I set up earth to supply say 100,000 and both luna and mars to recive 100,000.  I dont actually have 100,000 infrastructure on earth, so when the freight lines use up all the available infrastructure I start getting event messages saying that particular freight line ship cannot load.   now when i remove the supply portion from earth, the messages go away, which is why im not sure if they were intended to warn a player when supply ran out, or a just a bug.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 01:39:46 PM »
Im not sure if this was a bug or not but at the risk of everyone calling me noob I figured I might as well post it.

Civilian Freight Lines are causing interrupts when they dont have a cargo to load on a planet and a contract set up.   For example I set up an infrastructure contract I set up earth to supply say 100,000 and both luna and mars to recive 100,000.  I dont actually have 100,000 infrastructure on earth, so when the freight lines use up all the available infrastructure I start getting event messages saying that particular freight line ship cannot load.   now when i remove the supply portion from earth, the messages go away, which is why im not sure if they were intended to warn a player when supply ran out, or a just a bug.
I haven't run into that myself, but I'm pretty sure it's intentional.  Normally, you'd want to know if you were out of supplies.  Do remember that you don't have to have the same amounts of supply and demand. Just set the supply on Earth every few weeks, and set the Luna and Mars caps wherever.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »
Fighters with jump drives cannot traverse jump points unless they have a missile launcher and a missile fire control.  I have provided an account of my tinkering in the Question regarding jump capable fighters thread in The Academy.  The problem applies to both squadron transit and standard transit.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
Fighters with jump drives cannot traverse jump points unless they have a missile launcher and a missile fire control.  I have provided an account of my tinkering in the Question regarding jump capable fighters thread in The Academy.  The problem applies to both squadron transit and standard transit.

From reading your other topic I don't think that the weapon and/or MFC are the contributing factor.  It's more likely that the combination that you found to work had to do with matching the ships hull spaces with the self-jump limit of the jump-drive.  And yes that looks to be a bug.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
I just confirmed this is true.  The drive must match the ship's size exactly.  Thank you, Charlie.

Offline Knight Otu

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »
So in my current game. . .

1) I somehow managed to establish communications with the precursors (I increased my translation skill, to be honest, but I was under the impression that communications should fail anyways).
2) I ran into the 6. 00 bug that a buoy on a jump point suspends (parts of) the construction cycle - it definitely paused ship construction and shore leave.  It might have suspended commander updates, research, and geoteam surveys.  These all caught up once I destroyed the missiles.
3) I have a system that was generated with both an NPR and the precursors, and now they are duking it out, slowing the game down.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 06:52:52 AM »
So in my current game. . .

1) I somehow managed to establish communications with the precursors (I increased my translation skill, to be honest, but I was under the impression that communications should fail anyways).
2) I ran into the 6. 00 bug that a buoy on a jump point suspends (parts of) the construction cycle - it definitely paused ship construction and shore leave.  It might have suspended commander updates, research, and geoteam surveys.  These all caught up once I destroyed the missiles.
3) I have a system that was generated with both an NPR and the precursors, and now they are duking it out, slowing the game down.

3) Isn't a bug. That will happen sometimes - its no different than any other AI - AI combat. Besides, think of all the wrecks you might salvage :)

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »
Steve! where r u?

:)

many Bugs..urgent ur work eheh

mainly from F9 (System and planet image Bugs).

C'mon Steve..

Well I have a full time job these days (actually more than full time as I usually work 9am - 7pm every day :))

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 07:08:01 AM »
I tried an SM game, and got an Error 381 followed by Error 11s when I tried to generate a random system.  This happened twice, so it wasn't the specific system generated.

For v6.00 I changed the species selected for the F9 window from the default species to the species of the capital population. Unfortunately SM Races don't have a capital population so it wasn't selecting a species on the F9 window, without which there are lots of errors. Fixed for v6.2.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »
Minor one: Conventional start, going to design a conventional engine and the name that appears for the engine is simply "1 EP ", not "1 EP Conventional Engine". Same occurs if you go back to conventional engine tech from a TN start.

Fixed for v6.2

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »

Edit:
Size 50, power x1 engine should be military and are listed as such in the component design screen. However if added to a ship in the class design screen they do not change the class to military, it remains commercial unless another part that would change it to military is added.
Only tested with conventional engine so far.

Could you confirm this one? I'm playing around with engines now and as soon as I change a 50 HS engine from power 0.5 to anything higher, it becomes military.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »
Not entirely sure if this is a bug.

In a new game from a conventional start, and I have not yet started to conduct geosurveys. One of the civilian lines builds a fuel harvester which then heads off to an apparent deposit on unsurveyed Saturn. I was under the impression that minerals on a body were only generated when the body was surveyed, has that now changed? Will it be consuming minerals from a dpeosit that will be revealed when surveyed or is it pulling them out of the ether?

Minerals on a body are always generated when it is created. However, the civilian harvester shouldn't be created until you have found that deposits through surveying. I've fixed that for v6.20

Steve