Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21917 times)

Offline AlitarSemiramis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »
V 1.40

Testing some more conventional start, looking at the list of techs, there's a few that doesn't seem should be available:

Orbital Mining Diameter
Spinal Mount
Box Launcher Explosion Chance
Beam Fire Control Range
Primary Flight Control (Logistic modules related to fighters are not available before TN research)

All Ground Combat techs are available, not sure which ones should be available and which ones should not.

The following users thanked this post: muzzlehead

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
I did not managed to post it in 1.30 but maybe this issue was not adressed

under 1.30
In tried to upgrade my early warships with better engines after I reached magneto-plasma.
copied design , changed engines and fire controls + needed msp/eng adjustments
shipyard retool to new type
when I look for refit order I have no ship to start refit with  ( even if whole class sits in shipyard tf )

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2020, 09:56:39 AM »
I have also seen the delete tech/create new tech error pop up
I created an engine, realized I forgot to make the right size, so deleted it, and created a new one. The second one generated the error (didn't see what it was as it just flashed on the screen, saw it was an error message - not the normal tech added to research list). The new engine still showed up as researchable...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »
V 1.40

Testing some more conventional start, looking at the list of techs, there's a few that doesn't seem should be available:

Orbital Mining Diameter
Spinal Mount
Box Launcher Explosion Chance
Beam Fire Control Range
Primary Flight Control (Logistic modules related to fighters are not available before TN research)

All Ground Combat techs are available, not sure which ones should be available and which ones should not.

Added most of them.

The following users thanked this post: AlitarSemiramis

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:56 AM »
I am out of instant research points, but I am still able to insta-research as many projects as I want, without any cost. 
Also, the completion date of the research projects are unreadable because of the long date format.

You need to change your windows date format - see the Known Issues post.

Offline Protomolecule

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2020, 10:04:32 AM »
When opening the game, got an error #1170 "given key was not present in the dictionary".  After opening the game, only Mercury, Earth and 4 asteroids were in, the rest of the bodies vanished.  I had not yet left Sol, but I used Space Master to perform a Geological Survey of the the System.
My only colonies, Io, Luna and Mars, were still empty. 
I have attached the DB.

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2020, 10:05:41 AM »
From the changes list:

Both normal infrastructure and LG-Infrastructure can be used on a world with gravity in the tolerable range. 

LG Infra doesn't work on a normal grav world though.

I have 3. 250 LG Infra on Mars (I know) but supported population remains at 0.
I've brought 100 regular infra and the supported pop moved up to 0. 38 million.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »
This might just be "don't do that stupid" thing, but I managed to completely lock the game.

1. Created 2 Admin command under a third one
2. Moved one of the new ones in under the other.
3. Realized I'd arranged them in the wrong order, so I tried to move the upper one in under the lower one with drag and drop.
4. Profit

Been about 5 min now and game is still trying to work out wtf I did  ;D
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2020, 10:12:13 AM »
Issue with using civilian shipping

I defined a demand of 5 automated mines on multiple bodies. 
But more than 5 were delivered. 

Something seems to be of with the algorithm.   

--edit--
I've attached a database in which you can find the following.
Using the Naval Organisation window I can see that the Shipping line have 4 freighters which are intending to unload an automated mine at Quaoar.
2 of the 4 ships still need to pickup the automated mine.

Using the civilian economic tab on the Economics window you can see that only 2 automated mines are assigned.
I think you need to assign ships at the moment they have a pickup movement in their list.
Instead of assigning a ship when it has picked up the mine/installation.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:31:02 AM by MinuteMan »

Offline Hallec

• Leading Rate
  • H
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »
Hi all,

Steve, this game rocks,  having said that, I just researched the science department module and added it to my survey ships.    I assigned science officers, and now every time I advance time (5day intervals if it matters) I get  "function #647:Input string was not in a correct format.  " error. 

Edit:  the actual problem seems to be that somehow I managed to get some letters and special characters in the max events edit field in the events list.   Once I fixed that, it seems to be ok.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:15:19 AM by Hallec »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »
Good morning Steve,

Attached is a v1.4 save file that gives "Function #4: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when you push the 5-day time interval button (using auto-subpulses) one time.

Throughout this game, I have been periodically getting that error when I push the time forward. When the error pops up, it never shows more than once per turn. Usually, but not always, it pops up three turns in a row before going away for a while. It started a few months or years after 2025 start. It appears unrelated to anything I'm doing in the game, other than progressing time forward.

Let me know if you need more info. (I can provide several error messages that occurred at New Game generation that I wrote down.... but I forgot if the error messages were from this game or the one before it, so I didn't include them here.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:25:40 AM by Ancalagon »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2020, 10:28:40 AM »
Hi there steve
Any chance of the main game buttons getting  accessible labels?
Here's the example code that you were looking for in the v1.1 topic
Button1.AccessibleName = "Ground forces";

Got the code from here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/providing-accessibility-information-for-controls-on-a-windows-form

edit: more info just in case: the 27 buttons on the main game interface don't have any text on them, the code example i gave you adds a hidden text to them that only announces them to screen readers

I've added the Accessible Name property to the icon buttons on the Tactical and Galactic maps and put the buttons in tab order.

The following users thanked this post: Caplin, hadi, AlitarSemiramis

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:15 AM »
The new Aurora Forum Members name list has a fair number of duplicates in it:

Code: [Select]
sqlite> select Name,count(Name) from DIM_NamingTheme where NameThemeID=389 group by Name order by count(Name) desc limit 10;
Tyrius|3
Treebiter|3
LostWookie|3
vaaern|2
ussugu|2
ussdefiant|2
starwyvern|2
phil|2
palu|2
nightlord84|2

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »
Seems like executive officers aren't assigned, at least for me in my games. Dunno what the requirement is for that but it seems strange I have none at all.
Maybe this is more suggestion-y but it would be great if there was an option also for auto-assign to fill empty spots on ships after everything else is done even if they don't have an applicable bonus. In priority of promotion grade or something.

EDIT: Apparently my ships don't have COs also, I don't have enough officers it seems. Others have reported XO assignment working. However, it seems like commander priority isn't working properly. I set my larger ships to have a higher commander priority but all the commanders are still hogged by the smaller ships with a lower priority.
All types of officers are assigned automatically in my current game, including XOs.

Commander priority for ships isn't working, however, I can confirm that.

I have commercial ships with 0 Command Priority, DDs with priority 2, and CAs with priority 5. DDs and civilians were filled first, while CAs are not getting officers. There were not enough officers of required rank (Captain) to fill all the ships before the assignments took place, so priority should've picked the CAs first, then DDs and only then civilian ships. But CAs were not given priority.

Command Priority works fine -- it works in the other direction.  You set your Cargo ships to the highest (first) priority, your destroyers to third priority, and your armoured cruisers to sixth priority.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »
"all jump points are stable" in the options menu does not work.
Very easy to reproduce in 5 minutes, start a new game with grav survey already done, instant-create a new ship with no jump engine, try jumping.

Just tested and it is working. Please confirm you are using v1.4.