Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38684 times)

Offline Mark Yanning

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »
Thanks a lot!  ;) ;)

Offline Mark Yanning

• M
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »
Guys, I don't see any event logs, both in the main window, neither in the event windows.  Any news about that? Thank in advance

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2020, 05:51:45 PM »
Guys, I don't see any event logs, both in the main window, neither in the event windows.  Any news about that? Thank in advance

Not in the game for the main window yet.

Change the setting at the top right of the event window.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2020, 06:04:25 PM »

To clarify on DFNewb - In Events window in upper part you can edit numbers in Event Days and Max Events - you have most likely 0 in those fields, so change that to for example Event Days 60 and Max Events 300.

Offline Mark Yanning

• M
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2020, 06:56:06 PM »
Alright, got it.    You must edit numbers, not only checking the flag.    Got another question: How it works at the moment the "ancient ruin", "ruined outpost" research?  I see there is no more option to create a "Ground Geologicial Survey Team".    Thanks in advance.   I'm amazed about how passionate you are.   I must get in :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:05:54 PM by Mark Yanning »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
You have to research Geological Survey Equipment under Ground Combat, then design & research a unit that uses that component, then design formation that includes at least 1 of those units, then construct that formation at your Ground Unit Construction Complex, after which you can use a Troop Transporter to move it to a body you want to survey.

Exactly same procedure for Xenoarcheology.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »
Quote from: Ynglaur link=topic=10649.    msg121488#msg121488 date=1586747261
Is there a way to change the starting population for the player race in a new game?  I'm trying to do a conventional start with a mostly-accurate population for Earth (i.    e.     several billion rather than 500 million).   

I always did this previously, before I have up on Earth and did random systems.    Easiest is to just change it at game creation.    You can easily edit the number now, but previously I had to set the Industry and Wealth % much lower (basically at same ratio than default 500-1000m), otherwise you had really powerful industry and everything and could strip systems of resources superfast, industry is still here but I see no wealth so not sure about that.     I would advise to play like this for now, I do the same, the patches will break our games anyway most likely so we will have to start again.   

Edit:
If you like to go for realism I also like to add more name themes for commanders and edit their values.   Like US, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Indian, Indonesian, Chinese and Portugese.   I try to add those which have sufficiently high pop and political clout to be used as commanders, with their % chance roughly equal to pop size to importance ratio.  It is a small cosmetic thing but over time it leads to nice varied name list.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:08:25 PM by Ri0Rdian »

Offline Ozyton

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2020, 10:04:09 PM »
Do geosensor missiles work? I designed a missile with 2. 888 MSP geo sensors (3. 36 geo points per day) and no engines, then put that as stage 2 of a delivery missile. Then I added a waypoint to the body I wanted to survey and launched the missile. Once it reaches the body the buoy deploys but it doesn't do any geosurvey at the body even though it's following it when it orbits.

E: Perhaps multi-stage missiles were bugged? I just went into missile designer and both drop-downs to select missile or sub-missiles will select itself in the other drop-down. I'm using 1.  2 so maybe this was fixed in 1.  3? Not usre if it would relate to the geosurvey missile not doing anything.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:07:48 PM by Ozyton »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2020, 10:15:37 PM »
Is it possible to play with another theme color than blue and yellow? Just asking, it seems to wear on my eyes.

Do we still need to switch to the dot for decimal separator? I have the comma on my system
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:17:50 PM by vorpal+5 »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2020, 10:28:33 PM »
Is there a way to scrap fighters?

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2020, 12:10:16 AM »
Is there a way to scrap fighters?

Using shipyards

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2020, 01:22:33 AM »
Now that there is planet maximum population capacity, is it possible to extend it using habitats, stations, sm mode, some other artificial constructions?
I kinda miss the games.where i had 30bn people on Earth..
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2020, 01:28:39 AM »
Now that there is planet maximum population capacity, is it possible to extend it using habitats, stations, sm mode, some other artificial constructions?
I kinda miss the games.where i had 30bn people on Earth..

I think habitats can do it

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2020, 01:45:34 AM »
Is there a way to display the events, apart from opening the events screen? Tickling the events in the display doesn't seem to work?

major_t

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2020, 01:52:16 AM »
Quote from: Garfunkel link=topic=10649. msg122143#msg122143 date=1586823189
You have to research Geological Survey Equipment under Ground Combat, then design & research a unit that uses that component, then design formation that includes at least 1 of those units, then construct that formation at your Ground Unit Construction Complex, after which you can use a Troop Transporter to move it to a body you want to survey.

Exactly same procedure for Xenoarcheology.

Ive been having a problem with this.  I've designed the GU and its stationed on my homeworld, I've built a Troop Transport, but when I try to load troops into the ship, I get no message, other than in events where it states the Task Group has completed its orders.  I check the fleet screen, and no troops have been loaded.  Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Thanks in advance