Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38596 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2020, 12:34:10 PM »
During medal design, the "Allow multiple awards" checkbox.

Does it mean that it can be given to multiple people, or that a person might get it multiple times or both?

I assume the first..?

Only the second.

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Mark Yanning

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2020, 01:19:34 PM »
Hello guys, looking in the forum, didn't see anywhere.  I had cargo ships with installations loaded from earth.  It seems I can load installation without any problem, but I don't have the order to unload on the new colony I just set on Mars.  I'm doing something wrong? What I miss? Thanks

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2020, 01:22:28 PM »
Did you add Cargo Shuttle Bays?

Offline Mark Yanning

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2020, 01:31:39 PM »
Thanks, forgot about it.  Trying to get involved again to Aurora.  I was playing 4x Aurora, but still, after hours and hours of game, I'm far away from my first battle :)

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2020, 01:47:32 PM »
Thanks, forgot about it.  Trying to get involved again to Aurora.  I was playing 4x Aurora, but still, after hours and hours of game, I'm far away from my first battle :)
Thats what you think...  :P

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
Does anyone how to set a fleet to fleet training or is that not a thing yet/anymore

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2020, 01:59:25 PM »
Is it me or do all of the company names seem to be French?

Not sure if the data is there for this, but it'd be nice if it followed one of the naming guides for the race.

Offline AlitarSemiramis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2020, 02:06:19 PM »
Are Mass Driver packages not visible any more on the map? I have dropped some automated mines and one mass driver in mars, pointed the mass driver towards earth, but I don't think I'm getting any minerals back on earth. Am I missing something?

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »
Does anyone how to set a fleet to fleet training or is that not a thing yet/anymore

Put it under a training fleet command and it will train while doing other stuff to.
Locking the fleet into only training isn't a thing anymore
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: Doren

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2020, 02:17:27 PM »
Does anyone know what the conversion of light-years to jumps is for setting up how far NPR's generate? I can set values in lightyears but I'm not sure how many jumps that translates to.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
Does anyone know what the conversion of light-years to jumps is for setting up how far NPR's generate? I can set values in lightyears but I'm not sure how many jumps that translates to.
There's no conversion. Jumps will travel as many light years as they need to to reach the system. Only that matters is how far the target system is (in real life) from Sol

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »
There's no conversion. Jumps will travel as many light years as they need to to reach the system. Only that matters is how far the target system is (in real life) from Sol

Does that mean it doesn't work without Known Star Systems selected?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2020, 02:49:01 PM »

Does that mean it doesn't work without Known Star Systems selected?

At the moment, yes.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Are Mass Driver packages not visible any more on the map? I have dropped some automated mines and one mass driver in mars, pointed the mass driver towards earth, but I don't think I'm getting any minerals back on earth. Am I missing something?
They are off by default. Click them on in the Display tab on the Tactical Window.

The following users thanked this post: AlitarSemiramis

Offline Frank Jager

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2020, 03:54:59 PM »
Has anyone got a list of exactly what ground forces special warfare capabilities are linked to which dominant terrains?

I get that Barren, Ice Fields, and others are more often than not mainly effected by Gravity, Pressure and Temperature and so (not having any atmosphere...) have their own ways of interacting with the to hit chance and fortifications.

I just want to know exactly what my 'Special Forces' will be special at doing?

For example;
Desert Warfare affects Cold Desert and Desert, but does it touch on any of the others? Steppe, Taiga, or Tundra for example as those biomes are similar.

Jungle Warfare affects Jungle, Jungle Mountains and Jungle Rift Valleys, but does it have any effect in a Forested environment or Savannas? Trees are trees afterall. (I mean I get that its not just terrain but environmental factors also, Jungles are not fun places to fight in, indigenous 'hungry' species, space diseases)

Mountain Warfare affects Mountains, Jungle Mountains, Forested Mountains, and Subtropical Mountains, but what about Archipelagos or Prairies?