Author Topic: v4.6 Bugs  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: V4.6 Bugs
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »
Quote from: "tanq_tonic"
After reading the last number of posts, you can probably ignore the one I posted last.

Looks like the "refresh" issue was already spotted.

I noticed another instance as the "state of research" also was not updating, just as the terraforming info was not.

It seems that this would be encompassed under the other issue about 6 posts back.....
Yes, I accidently messed up the refresh in v4.6. It is fixed in v4.61

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
v4.61 is now available

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1763

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: v4.6 Bugs
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »
Steve,  

PDC's appear to have the same fighter allocation issue I reported for ships in V4.26.  Work around is manual database changes.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »
Go(edit: O) d work Steve.same as usual:D

Offline zirman

• Chief Petty Officer
  • z
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "zirman"
Hi Steve,
i upgraded my 4.46 to 4.6 and so far was fine but after 1 year of gametime the time now is only running like 5 seconds (or similar) each time i push any of the "time control" bottons, and furthermore the same happen if i chose the "automated turns" from the system map...
Are you getting any event messages on the 5 second increments. It is possible two NPRs are fighting and the game will run small increments until the battle is over. If you aren't getting messages it sounds like another yoyo problem and I wouldn't mind seeing the database in that case.

inside the Office Corps window when i changed the rank and seniority from 9 to 2 i got this message that is not allowing to do anything else:

"Error in grdCommandres_SelChange"
Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

i can only click on "ok" in this error window but it coming immediatly again and i cannot do anything....
Please could you confirm how you changed seniority. Was it by moving the rank down using the arrows? If so, did the error occur as you moved to rank to the last position?

Steve

Hi Steve,
about the problem of time increments what i found in the Event window is just that every time i click on any of the "time control" the time increments always of 5 seconds and this is reported also in the Event window. but any things is reported about NPRs battles of others events...yesterday i started a new game and this problem came up earlier (after 6 game months)....I will download the new version and i will start a new one to see if it happen again and i will let you know.

About the second problem, what happen is that as soon as you just click on any of the officers present in the list, doesnt matter which rank they have, the error comes out and the game need to be close trough the Task Manager...i can anyway play the game but in this way i will never use all the features related to Officers, accademy and so on....

By the way, i should connect my 32" LCD TV to the computer in order to play the game, since also on a classic pc monitor of 19" was not able to see all the window....just a comment on the opportunity to think about some scrolling bar around the game's window...

Ty for all your effords!!
Max
The Universe is Infinite only if you hold it into your Mind!

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »
In a v4.60 game I've had a series of errors, the first occurred within the first year game time and was Error in PopulateShipyardSchedule, Error 11 was generated by Aurora. This repeated 8-11 times. There did appear to be an NPR war on at the time. I seemed to have no trouble with my yards.

I then blew away a gate construction ship (and its several replacements) and recently have had the following errors sequentially and repeated 5-8 times each. The first in this series was Error in SetClassObsolete Error 3021 was generated by Aurora, No current record set. The next was Error in CreateDesign, Error 3201 was generated by DAORecordset, 'You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'techSystem'.

These errors do not appear to be due to my activities, I have yet to obsolete a design :? . Just about to upgrade to v4.61. Will let you know if these error recur.

Regards
IanD

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 04:06:49 PM »
In v4.61 can you unload your colonists to an occupied (precursor) population? Because I have failed to do so. You can unload infrastructure.

Regards
IanD

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »
hmm..am fear u first must conquer,aliens must surender,then u can unload civ.

Offline gregor40

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
n 5 day-increments I get the following error:

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
In v4.61 can you unload your colonists to an occupied (precursor) population? Because I have failed to do so. You can unload infrastructure.

Regards

I think you need to make a separate population on the same planet.  The reason for this is that Precursors are a different race than your race, so your race can't populate their populations (say that 10 times fast :-) ).  Not 100% sure, but that's my recollection....

John

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
inside the Office Corps window when i changed the rank and seniority from 9 to 2 i got this message that is not allowing to do anything else:
"Error in grdCommandres_SelChange"
Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

i can only click on "ok" in this error window but it coming immediatly again and i cannot do anything....
Please could you confirm how you changed seniority. Was it by moving the rank down using the arrows? If so, did the error occur as you moved to rank to the last position?
About the second problem, what happen is that as soon as you just click on any of the officers present in the list, doesnt matter which rank they have, the error comes out and the game need to be close trough the Task Manager...i can anyway play the game but in this way i will never use all the features related to Officers, accademy and so on....
You mentioned that before this problem happened, you changed the rank and seniority from 9 to 2. That seems to have been the cause. Can you remember how you changed the seniority as that will help me find the problem. In a new game, as long as you don't do whatever it was you did before, you should have no problems with clicking on officers.

By the way, i should connect my 32" LCD TV to the computer in order to play the game, since also on a classic pc monitor of 19" was not able to see all the window....just a comment on the opportunity to think about some scrolling bar around the game's window...
The game has a minimum resolution of 1280x1024. if you monitor has a resolution smaller than this you won't be able to see all the windows.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 01:53:06 AM »
Because each species has different environmental tolerances, you can't mix them in the same population. Planets that are suitable for your species may be hostile to another and vice versa. If you have more than one species in your Empire on the same planet they will have to be in different populations and may well have different colony costs. I realise in this case the precursor population may just be a sensor or two but the pop is still set to a specific species. Perhaps an option I should add is the ability to change the species of a colony with no actual population.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 01:54:27 AM »
Quote from: "gregor40"
n 5 day-increments I get the following error:
I have seen this occasionally myself but I haven't pinned it down yet. I assume you have the F2 window open. Can you remember if the population selected in the window when time was incremented had any shipyards?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 01:57:19 AM »
In a v4.60 game I've had a series of errors, the first occurred within the first year game time and was Error in PopulateShipyardSchedule, Error 11 was generated by Aurora. This repeated 8-11 times. There did appear to be an NPR war on at the time. I seemed to have no trouble with my yards.
A few people have reported this one. I haven't tracked it down yet though :? . Just about to upgrade to v4.61. Will let you know if these error recur.[/quote]
Thanks. I haven't see this before so it is likely to be one of those annoyingly elusive bugs that depends on a very specific set of circumstances.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 02:59:09 AM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
Steve,  

PDC's appear to have the same fighter allocation issue I reported for ships in V4.26.  Work around is manual database changes.
You'll have to refresh my memory as to the problem. Was this the one where you couldn't add additonal fighters, you could only set to 10, 100, etc.?

Steve