Author Topic: v4.4 Bugs  (Read 11235 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v4.4 Bugs
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
On accessing the economy screen with the 4.42 patch applied
error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Happens on opening the economics and when a ground unit is attached to an HQ
Was there a name for the function involved, such as "Error in PopulateGU", before the actual error type?

Steve

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:57 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Division by zero

Was there a name for the function involved, such as "Error in PopulateGU", before the actual error type?

Steve
I think that there was  a message about Error in PopulateGU

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 06:49:47 AM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
Division by zero

I'm getting this too, with the header "Error in PopulateGU"

In addition, ground combat appears to be borked.  I can initiate it, and in the results screen I can see that Aurora is calculating the odds of ground unit loss, but nothing happens after that, no damage is applied, no GU's are damaged.  In addition, I get an error message relating to ground combat.  

Kurt
I've just run a ground combat with no problems so something weird is going on. Can you remember the error message you saw?  Stupid question coming up :). I assume you are aware that ground combat in the latest versions damages the readiness of the divisions rather than immediately destroying them outright. I just wasn't sure if the ground combat in the 6 powers used the older model where divisions where either OK or destroyed.

I can't recreate the division by zero either. Do you happen to remember the name of function shown in the error message. I've checked PopulateGU but there are only three places where a division takes place and the value of the variable used as a divisor is checked first in each case. There was an older problem in this area though so I am starting to wonder if I somehow sent out the wrong exe. Does it have v4.42 in the game window?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 06:58:10 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
CIWS is not listed as a Category in the Technology Report screen
Added for v4.43

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 07:30:21 AM »
One of my GE TGs has the conditional order to refuel at nearest colony, it fired during the automatic time increments and stopped the cycle but no event was shown on the System Map (I have show events selected).

Another event that does not get shown in the System View is the discovery of minerals, although it will sometimes show when another even happens at the same time. That being said, it is good that it is not treated as a break to the auto increment because that would be a pain :)

Can you display an event and yet not have it break the auto increment? I love watching the fleets move about the system map and I might be able to see the event flashing up on the screen but I personally wouldn't want it to interrupt (not sure on others though, you folks like to stop and look at every mineral find?).
Only events set as interrupt events will stop time. Mineral discovery isn't classed as an interrupt event.

As far as I know, whatever appears i the normal event log should show up on the system map. They should only be different if the main event log is set to SM as the system map log won't show SM events or those from other non-NPR races. It's possible the missing events are set as hidden events for the default race. Do they show up on the event window? Also, click the Event List button and see if they are greyed out.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 09:35:17 AM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
I am running a multi-player start from Earth using the real stars option.  If the players explore the warp points in a different order, I get duplicate stars and names.  I just got two 61 Cygins that are different.  I also have two Groombridge 34s connected to EV Lacertae.
Something similar has just happened in my own game. My race just found a second proxima centauri. There is a table in the DB that tracks which systems have been generated. For the some reason the first proxima centauri had been given the wrong system number so the DB didn't think it had been generated. I haven't fixed it yet but I thought I would let you know I have at least reproduced it.

Steve

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 09:48:11 AM »
Division by zero

I'm getting this too, with the header "Error in PopulateGU"

In addition, ground combat appears to be borked.  I can initiate it, and in the results screen I can see that Aurora is calculating the odds of ground unit loss, but nothing happens after that, no damage is applied, no GU's are damaged.  In addition, I get an error message relating to ground combat.  

Kurt
I've just run a ground combat with no problems so something weird is going on. Can you remember the error message you saw?  Stupid question coming up :). I assume you are aware that ground combat in the latest versions damages the readiness of the divisions rather than immediately destroying them outright. I just wasn't sure if the ground combat in the 6 powers used the older model where divisions where either OK or destroyed.

I can't recreate the division by zero either. Do you happen to remember the name of function shown in the error message. I've checked PopulateGU but there are only three places where a division takes place and the value of the variable used as a divisor is checked first in each case. There was an older problem in this area though so I am starting to wonder if I somehow sent out the wrong exe. Does it have v4.42 in the game window?

Steve

The ground combat may very well be something I did wrong, as I've never used the current rules, both with ground units and non-player controlled NPR's.  

The division by zero pops up every time I open the economic screen, no matter what game.  Immediately after upgrading to 4.42 I opened your campaign that came with the database, and I received that error.  Two division by zero errors show up with every time advance, no matter how long.  They don't seem to affect anything, though.  

Kurt

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
I used the SM to place a Random Ruin on Mars and then transferred a Xeno team over and just left it to work away. Some time later I got a message saying that the Xeno team were down searching the Damaged Installation. But, when I go to the Summary tab it says that Abandoned Installations is '??' and also that '(unknown race - xenologist team required)'.
Ruins were changed for v4.3. The Xeno Team now identifies to which alien race the ruins belong and how many installations could be recovered. Until that point, you don't know which race it is or how many installations so you will see the above text. When the race/installations is revealed, you will need an engineer regiment to recover the installations. There was a thread about this but I can't remember which one.

Steve

That's the thing though, the Xeno team sent me a message saying that they had exhausted their search, yet the summary tab still showed the '??' and that a xeno team was required.

(typo in my original post, 'down' should be 'done')

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »

The ground combat may very well be something I did wrong, as I've never used the current rules, both with ground units and non-player controlled NPR's.  

The division by zero pops up every time I open the economic screen, no matter what game.  Immediately after upgrading to 4.42 I opened your campaign that came with the database, and I received that error.  Two division by zero errors show up with every time advance, no matter how long.  They don't seem to affect anything, though.  

Kurt

Exactly the same problem. Have not tried ground combat though

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
I used the SM to place a Random Ruin on Mars and then transferred a Xeno team over and just left it to work away. Some time later I got a message saying that the Xeno team were down searching the Damaged Installation. But, when I go to the Summary tab it says that Abandoned Installations is '??' and also that '(unknown race - xenologist team required)'.
Ruins were changed for v4.3. The Xeno Team now identifies to which alien race the ruins belong and how many installations could be recovered. Until that point, you don't know which race it is or how many installations so you will see the above text. When the race/installations is revealed, you will need an engineer regiment to recover the installations. There was a thread about this but I can't remember which one.

Steve

That's the thing though, the Xeno team sent me a message saying that they had exhausted their search, yet the summary tab still showed the '??' and that a xeno team was required.

(typo in my original post, 'down' should be 'done')

Ditto for me, the team said they were done, however the ruins still showed as Abandoned Installations  (Unknown Race)
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »

Kurt

After a 5 day update grond combat seems to be working normaly although the message persists with any activity on the ground units tab

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »

Kurt

After a 5 day update grond combat seems to be working normaly although the message persists with any activity on the ground units tab

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Error in UpdateGameEvents
Division by Zero
Please report...

Running 5-day increments, time got adjusted to:
0:00:22:55 (first time this happened)
0:00:00:00 (second time)
0:00:00:00
0:00:00:00

looks like I am stuck at 0 sec updates

windows open: Event log, Economy
I have reproduced this one and fixed it. Still working on the one in UpdateAllSensors.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »
I am really struggling with this one as it seems to be working normally for me.

Can you remember the exact message? I have done a text search for 'exhausted' and it only appears in the code for geology teams. The message for the Xeno team should be that the ruins have been fully explored, which then allows you to send in the engineer teams to recover the installations. For v4.43 I have expanded the message to read: ""Ruins on SystemBodyName have been fully explored. xx abandoned installations were found which may be recovered by an engineer regiment"

If anyone is reading this who has seen this working, with the alien race and number of installation revealed once the Xeno team completes its task, please post and let me know. That way I will know if it is a general problem or it only happens in certain circumstances.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 08:38:04 AM »
Found it! (by accident :)

Steve