Author Topic: v1.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 14152 times)

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
Re: v1.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 03:07:22 PM »
Quote from: Boris link=topic=10672. msg121960#msg121960 date=1586808225
can't add missile launchers to space stations (when designing a new ship/space station class)

I think I read something about space stations being purely commercial structures, so you'd have to rely on defensive structures in order to defend your space stations.

The following users thanked this post: Boris

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »
@Boris

can't add missile launchers to space stations (when designing a new ship/space station class)

If I recall correctly, Space Stations couldn't have weapons by design. Might be wrong, as I know you can have CIWS on them, but you can't have anything Military. Only commercial.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Hey guys, it appears that if you want to add a player race to a non-sol system, you need to restart the game after race creation for them to actually become playable.

THIS WORKS FOR NPR RACES TOO

MUCH LOVE

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 03:11:08 PM »
Adding a NPR in Sol causes error:

Function #1512: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have tried with both human NPR's checked and not checked at game start.

Reproduced and fixed, If you save and restart game, this should vanish.

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

Offline Frank Jager

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
It seems that you are not able to assign multiple capabilities to Ground Forces, the option reverts to only the last selected when using the unit class design.

Scouring the rules posts it seems as if it was intended that units could have multiple capabilities. If that was changed I missed the post.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg105824#msg105824

Specifically:

At the top-right of the window is the Capability section. One or more Capabilities can be selected for the Unit Class. The Boarding Combat capability is required for a Unit to be able to board another ship. For all other capabilities, the Chance to Hit is doubled in the environment specified. If a unit has multiple capabilities, such as Mountain Warfare and Jungle Warfare on a world with a dominant terrain of ‘Jungle Mountain’, the bonus is cumulative (i.e. 4x to-hit in this case). Each capability selected for a Unit will increase the cost by the multiple specified. Some capabilities are only available for infantry units.

That is broken only allowing one selection.

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »
When starting a new game, the default flag of your race is the WH40k two-headed eagle. Without changing it, starting the game and going to the race tab shows the race's flag is now the British flag.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »
That might be the rounding... it's weird like that sometimes, but I've typically only seen it do so to the nearest ton.

I wish it would round down, but meh.

It is rounding. The issue that adding armour changes the size of the ship, so now you need a little bit more armour, which in turn means a little more armour, etc. It is more of a problem with thicker armour. I have set the armour cycle to run 3x for each layer of armour on the ship, which seems to have fixed the issue.

Offline Frank Jager

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »
When using the Research economics screen, you are unable to view completed research (and remove ones you gave yourself in... error, yes in error  ;D)

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »
Quote from: Frank Jager link=topic=10672. msg121969#msg121969 date=1586808698
It seems that you are not able to assign multiple capabilities to Ground Forces, the option reverts to only the last selected when using the unit class design.

Scouring the rules posts it seems as if it was intended that units could have multiple capabilities.  If that was changed I missed the post.

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg105824#msg105824

Specifically:

At the top-right of the window is the Capability section.  One or more Capabilities can be selected for the Unit Class.  The Boarding Combat capability is required for a Unit to be able to board another ship.  For all other capabilities, the Chance to Hit is doubled in the environment specified.  If a unit has multiple capabilities, such as Mountain Warfare and Jungle Warfare on a world with a dominant terrain of ‘Jungle Mountain’, the bonus is cumulative (i. e.  4x to-hit in this case).  Each capability selected for a Unit will increase the cost by the multiple specified.  Some capabilities are only available for infantry units.

CTRL+Click works to select multiple capabilities.  But this selection box should ideally operate this way by default, without requiring CTRL+Click.

The following users thanked this post: Frank Jager

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »
When pushing "new ship class" button in the "class design" window, after selecting a Hull, the ship is created under "Cruiser" hull, regardless of the hull selection.  once that happens, selecting the needed hull again, and pushing "new ship class" again, does create the ship under the needed hull type.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb, Boris

Offline Frank Jager

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 03:16:25 PM »
Quote from: Frank Jager link=topic=10672. msg121969#msg121969 date=1586808698

Scouring the rules posts it seems as if it was intended that units could have multiple capabilities.  If that was changed I missed the post.

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg105824#msg105824

Specifically:

At the top-right of the window is the Capability section.  One or more Capabilities can be selected for the Unit Class.  The Boarding Combat capability is required for a Unit to be able to board another ship.  For all other capabilities, the Chance to Hit is doubled in the environment specified.  If a unit has multiple capabilities, such as Mountain Warfare and Jungle Warfare on a world with a dominant terrain of ‘Jungle Mountain’, the bonus is cumulative (i. e.  4x to-hit in this case).  Each capability selected for a Unit will increase the cost by the multiple specified.  Some capabilities are only available for infantry units.

CTRL+Click works to select multiple capabilities.  But this selection box should ideally operate this way by default, without requiring CTRL+Click.

Thanks! Probably edit the post maybe? For those who didn't try that. Instead of updating the code to make it default?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 03:16:52 PM »

Space stations are non-military.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 03:17:38 PM »
Hey guys, it appears that if you want to add a player race to a non-sol system, you need to restart the game after race creation for them to actually become playable.

Yes, true. Fixed for next version.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 03:18:56 PM »
- Engines start with Conventional, Nuclear Thermal and Improved nuclear thermal researched

Improved thermal removed from start.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 03:19:33 PM »
I'm two years into a 1.2 conventional start and am getting an attempted divide by zero error in function #4 most production cycles.