Author Topic: v1.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 14164 times)

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
Re: v1.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 03:20:23 PM »
Here's the screenshot.  And here's the database in .zip and .7z formats if you want it for debugging. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wcFXEjsHUUnlAx9J-4zj2kSBi1YB2L3W
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:10:30 PM by bankshot »

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2020, 03:22:22 PM »
Continuation of Display Bug from 1.0 through 1.20, no sensor display (passive) rings for Deep Space Tracking Stations.  Is this working as designed? They were present in VB6 but not here.  Tried clicking on passive vs. signature boxes on display tab on tactical map.

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2020, 03:22:35 PM »
I wonder if it is tied to one of the name files I selected. New game in 1.2 accepting random names for the race seems to work - so I'm guessing its specific files.  I had used Alberta, Aurora Forum Members, Kreigsmarine when I got the errors...

I think you are on the right lines, but it uses commander names. Which commander name theme are you using?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2020, 03:23:32 PM »
When starting a new game, the default flag of your race is the WH40k two-headed eagle. Without changing it, starting the game and going to the race tab shows the race's flag is now the British flag.

That doesn't sound like a bug :)

The following users thanked this post: kks, Frank Jager, Awazruk, Alsadius, Ancalagon

Offline Hastermain

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »
Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the amazing work you've put into this. 

I rushed Sorium Harvesters to see if the bad behaviour was still there, and it is, due to either my fault or a bug. 

My Sorium Fuel Harvester fleet (EDIT: of Fuel Harvester class) does the "Home World: Transfer Fuel to Colony" and "GAS_GIANT_WITH_SORIUM_HERE: Move to Location" cycle perfectly, but it doesn't deposit any fuel in Earth (I froze Fuel Production, and after a couple of years of the fleet going back and forth, the amount in earth hasn't changed)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 03:31:23 PM by Hastermain »

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2020, 03:26:22 PM »
V1.  20

When creating a new race the Industrial percentage modifier (directly under population) is not changing the number of installations. 

Reproduction steps:
Create two new races:
(1) Population: 500m / Industrial percentage: 100
(2) Population: 500m / Industrial percentage: 200
Number of installations is the same for both races (in the create new race screen and ingame).

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2020, 03:27:46 PM »
I'm two years into a 1.2 conventional start and am getting an attempted divide by zero error in function #4 most production cycles.

It the AI Diplomacy code. I've found something that might cause an occasional error.

Could there be a situation where the AI is detecting your presence but without detecting any ships or populations? Maybe a sensor buoy?

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2020, 03:28:16 PM »
Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the amazing work you've put into this.

I rushed Sorium Harvesters to see if the bad behaviour was still there, and it is, due to either my fault or a bug.

My Sorium Fuel Harvester fleet does the "Home World: Transfer Fuel to Colony" and "GAS_GIANT_WITH_SORIUM_HERE: Move to Location" cycle perfectly, but it doesn't deposit any fuel in Earth (I froze Fuel Production, and after a couple of years of the fleet going back and forth, the amount in earth hasn't changed)

You need to check tankers in class design, that'll fix it. But I think it's a bug too

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »
I posted this in the 1.1 thread but confirmed the case to be same in 1.2. Moving JP's around in SM mode only changes the data on the system view window, but the original location remains, both on the map and for navigational purposes.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2020, 03:30:50 PM »
in Aurora VB divide fleet into single ships and the JP transit version of it kept the conditional and standing orders of the fleet on all the new single ship fleets.

In C# this does not happen and I suspect it's a bug.

Also could you please add a default event color button like in VB and just use the colors you have set for the campaign the download comes with? That would be super awesome.

The following users thanked this post: Resand, Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2020, 03:31:01 PM »
When using the Research economics screen, you are unable to view completed research (and remove ones you gave yourself in... error, yes in error  ;D)

I found a display error but I was able to remove techs.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2020, 03:32:10 PM »
I'm two years into a 1.2 conventional start and am getting an attempted divide by zero error in function #4 most production cycles.

It the AI Diplomacy code. I've found something that might cause an occasional error.

Could there be a situation where the AI is detecting your presence but without detecting any ships or populations? Maybe a sensor buoy?

I don't think so. I haven't built any ships yet. I do have AI activates precursors checked at startup, and I created a Neutral player race on Earth.

Forgot to mention, when creating the neutral race I got an object reference not set error in Function 2110. Also, are neutral races working? I haven't built a ship yet in this game, but in my 1.0 game I couldn't see a neutral race population to grab colonists from. I only see an EM contact that I can't interact with.

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 03:33:34 PM »
V1. 20

When exploring junp points from the system view I get a #1558 The object reference was not set to an object instance.  The system view goes to the new system.  The jump connection in the bottom left shows the jump connection to sol, in sol it still shwos unexplored.

Reproduction:
Activate SM.
Open system view.
Click Full grav Survey.
Explore an unexplored jumppoint.

Offline Frank Jager

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 03:34:14 PM »
When using the Research economics screen, you are unable to view completed research (and remove ones you gave yourself in... error, yes in error  ;D)

I found a display error but I was able to remove techs.

That's because I was referencing 1.00, having just downloaded 1.20 (you know the bug thread i'm posting on), you are right, it appears to have been fixed.

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2020, 03:36:16 PM »
V1. 20

When exploring junp points from the system view I get a #1558 The object reference was not set to an object instance.  The system view goes to the new system.  The jump connection in the bottom left shows the jump connection to sol, in sol it still shwos unexplored.

Reproduction:
Activate SM.
Open system view.
Click Full grav Survey.
Explore an unexplored jumppoint.
There is a workaround for this:
In the new system, click the explore JP on the JP leading to Sol and it'll link up correctly. You'll still get the same error, but it works.