Author Topic: v1.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 14427 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2020, 04:05:43 PM »
In the class design menu collapsing the any drop down when a component is highlighted in the "race components" section will for some reason add the respective component to the selected ship design.

Not highlighting a component will avoid this. I think on registering a "double click" the designer just adds the highlighted component in the drop down list even if the component itself is not being double clicked on.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »
Your starting planet is always called Home World.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2020, 04:14:23 PM »
V1.  20

When creating a new race the Industrial percentage modifier (directly under population) is not changing the number of installations. 

Reproduction steps:
Create two new races:
(1) Population: 500m / Industrial percentage: 100
(2) Population: 500m / Industrial percentage: 200
Number of installations is the same for both races (in the create new race screen and ingame).

That is a relic from the previous version. I've removed it. You can edit the industry directly now.

The following users thanked this post: buergerjoh

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2020, 04:23:53 PM »
Minor then major bug. When you have Spacemaster on and you create a new game the light stays on but Spacemaster is off. Clicking it keeps the light on but actually turns Spacemaster on.

Creating a new game and having it pre-build everything for you, the game will design xenoarchaeology teams without xenoarchaeology being researched.
Addition: They will also do this with construction vehicles.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:30:22 PM by Kiks »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
I posted this in the 1.1 thread but confirmed the case to be same in 1.2. Moving JP's around in SM mode only changes the data on the system view window, but the original location remains, both on the map and for navigational purposes.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Zhatelier

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2020, 04:32:17 PM »
Not sure if a bug, but if your ship speed is 0 km/s, moving them around your Fleets produces a divided by zero error.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2020, 04:32:50 PM »
Minor bug on the galaxy screen. The ring is supposed to represent an empty system with only stars but this system clearly has several terrestrial planets as shown in the attached image.

Edit: refreshing the galaxy screen fixes this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:40:37 PM by RagnarVaren »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »
in Aurora VB divide fleet into single ships and the JP transit version of it kept the conditional and standing orders of the fleet on all the new single ship fleets.

In C# this does not happen and I suspect it's a bug.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2020, 04:35:47 PM »
Repost from the v 1.00 thread, in case it is still present in v 1.20

Something to look into from v 1.00:

(Screenshots are a pain in the nutz, so I'll just describe it as best I can)

- After making some Ground Units, I proceeded to create some Ground Unit Formations. All is fine, nothing weird. (To me at least.)

- After assembling them into a Hierarchy I check the Total force to see how much they weigh.

- EGAD it's 6,400 Tons! It was then that I realized that the size shown in the design windows are not actually tons. (I'm guessing it's HS equivalent)

(Much tweaking and ree-ing ensued)

- Change things around, everything is cool at 14,000 Tons. (It's a full company, so... it's big.)

- I was unsure if I need HQ of 400 or 300 to command a 100 size formation and three 100 size sub-ordinate formations.

- I decided, screw it, better safe then sorry and I'll ask around a bit later if it isn't posted elsewhere.

- Changed the HQ 300s to HQ 400s, both of which are actually size ten. (Infantry Light HQs, btw)

- Now the formation is 15,200!!! Everything else is EXACTLY the same size, only the HQs changed.

- Why though?

Oh... well uh.

This would explain it:
(See Attachment)

Seems the DB is saving formations that I told it to delete using the "Delete formations" button. Or am I deleting things wrong?

(These formations did NOT show up before I exited and reloaded the game.)

Steps to Reproduce:

1 - Start a new game

2 - Make some ground units

3 - make some templates

4 - build a few formations. (I insta built them)

5 - delete formations using the delete formations button.

6 - make some new formations

7 - save

8 - close down aurora

9 - restart the game, load up your save and viola! you now have all of them back!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2020, 04:37:03 PM »
I'm two years into a 1.2 conventional start and am getting an attempted divide by zero error in function #4 most production cycles.

It the AI Diplomacy code. I've found something that might cause an occasional error.

Could there be a situation where the AI is detecting your presence but without detecting any ships or populations? Maybe a sensor buoy?

I don't think so. I haven't built any ships yet. I do have AI activates precursors checked at startup, and I created a Neutral player race on Earth.

Forgot to mention, when creating the neutral race I got an object reference not set error in Function 2110. Also, are neutral races working? I haven't built a ship yet in this game, but in my 1.0 game I couldn't see a neutral race population to grab colonists from. I only see an EM contact that I can't interact with.

Was the neutral race an NPR or was the assign tech option checked?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 04:38:47 PM »
The button to remove ranks is only displayed for Naval Commanders, but not for Ground Force Commanders.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »
I'm two years into a 1.2 conventional start and am getting an attempted divide by zero error in function #4 most production cycles.

It the AI Diplomacy code. I've found something that might cause an occasional error.

Could there be a situation where the AI is detecting your presence but without detecting any ships or populations? Maybe a sensor buoy?

I don't think so. I haven't built any ships yet. I do have AI activates precursors checked at startup, and I created a Neutral player race on Earth.

Forgot to mention, when creating the neutral race I got an object reference not set error in Function 2110. Also, are neutral races working? I haven't built a ship yet in this game, but in my 1.0 game I couldn't see a neutral race population to grab colonists from. I only see an EM contact that I can't interact with.

Was the neutral race an NPR or was the assign tech option checked?

No and no. Selecting an NPR race disables the neutral race checkbox.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »
v 1.2

When starting a new conventional game I no longer have a commercial shipyard at the start, just the 1000 ton Naval yard.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 04:47:10 PM »
Am getting "Tried to divide by 0" errors, fresh campaign never had this before, it seems to get worse as times go on, I am on v1.2

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 04:50:52 PM »
In v1.20, I still have "Compressed Fuel Storage System - Small" components available in the Ship Design window. I started a new game, but did not use any auto-tech or auto-start options. I used my instant research points, but not in anything related to this tech.

Also, small/tiny/fighter-sized fuel tanks and engineering spaces are available at start. Not sure if intended. I didn't use any instant research points to unlock them.