Author Topic: v1.30 Bugs Thread  (Read 33830 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.30 Bugs Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Completing an overhaul does not fill a ship with MSP, as one would expect. Even if the colony has plenty of MSP in the stockpile.

I thought this just wound down the overhaul clock, and consumed MSP from planetary stockpiles, but that resupply was a separate order.

Yes, correct.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but it looks like missiles are now limited to 1x size 5 engine.
Because I can't see an option to add more than 1 engine this limits how fast large missiles can go.
IIRC the design decision was to make missile engines and ship engines operate on the same scale, so limiting the size of engines doesn't make sense from that perspective but you can't add more engines to make the missiles faster.

Is this a bug or am I missing a crucial checkbox in front of my nose?
At least I don't have anything which needs shooting.

Offline WSoxfan86

• Leading Rate
  • W
« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »
I don't think automated assignments are working as designed-I have a conventional start that I've let run for 20 years, and the ai has never assigned a governor of Earth-I removed the commanders of the navy and the academy about 5 years in, and they haven't been re-assigned either.  I'm going to start a second game to verify this.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2020, 05:51:14 PM »
New game, 3 NPRs at start. NPRs can activate non-NPRs.

8 years in, all turns are much less than they should be. No indication why.

30day becomes 6 hours.
5days becomes 2 hours
1 day becomes 30min

goes down all the way with 30 sec becoming 5 sec.

EDIT: after about a year of this it's finally back to normal.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:56:06 PM by DFNewb »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2020, 05:53:31 PM »
If you classify a colony as Military Restricted, every following time you select the colony will reopen the confirmation box.  Tested both with a planet in Sol and a planet in an external system.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Red Dusk

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2020, 05:55:12 PM »
Researching a new armor level does not automaticly updates the type of armor for class design.

It will update new designs but not the one that were created before the research was completed.

IE: NameOfClass MK1 has conventional armor -> Duranium armor is researched -> NameOfClass MK1 still has conventional armor, even if not locked, not produced, etc...

NameOfClass MK1 has conventional armor -> Duranium armor is researched -> NameOfClass MK2 (copy of  NameOfClass MK1) still has conventional armor

Any design created after the armor change will be correctly impacted

Edit: yeah, there's a big button Update armor....

Armour stays the same on existing classes. It isn't supposed to automatically update. Update Armour is really for Copy Class and then Update.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
(Edit: Steve fixed this already, so disregard :) ) Following up on the "no more than one new commander produced per construction cycle" bug:

Adding Naval Academies to multiple colonies allows you to gain more new commanders per construction cycle, but only 1 per colony per cycle.

So even if you have, say, 1000x Naval Academies on Earth and 1000x Naval Academies on the Moon, you will never receive more than 2 new commanders in a single construction cycle.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:59:51 PM by Ancalagon »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »
Not sure if I missed something, but i have a severe lack of naval officer. I have a 40 years game with a conventional start, and i barely have 60 naval officers... I have a military academy level 14, i should have enought haven't I?

That does sound odd, but I can't see a problem in the code. Anyone else have a similar problem?

It seems you only get ONE new commander per month construction cycle, regardless of the number of Military Academies you have:

I tested with 7 academies and got 1 commander per month. Used SM edit to change it to 70 academies, and I still get exactly 1 new commander per month.

Looks like a big officer bug.

It seems to affect all sizes of officer, not just the big ones. Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Luftwolfe, Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2020, 06:01:12 PM »
unkfester discovered this and I was able to reproduce (in 1. 2. 0, but don't believe this has been reported).   

When initially opened, the Turret Design window has inaccurate stats (everything's zeroed-out).    This occurs even when a valid weapon is selected by default.    The correct stats appear when the user makes a selection using the weapon selection dialog (whether to select a new weapon or re-select the same one).   

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline Caplin

« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »
I don't think automated assignments are working as designed-I have a conventional start that I've let run for 20 years, and the ai has never assigned a governor of Earth-I removed the commanders of the navy and the academy about 5 years in, and they haven't been re-assigned either.  I'm going to start a second game to verify this.
This was the same in the previous version, it is supposed to assign naval officers, and ground force commanders, but doesn’t do anything about civilians and planet governorship. Those are left to be managed by the player, because the pool is presumably smaller. The academy  position is new, but also explicitly intended to help players shape the makeup of their Academy graduates, and thus not autoassigned either.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »
TN start, Real Stars, Found an NPR after little more than 15 years.
My survey ship starts surveying their home planet, after it's done, I get Image 1.
After pressing "ok" a dozen time exactly 48 times or so, it goes away.
I pressed a 1-day time increase, and it happened again.
I did it again with autoturn active, and it does not stop auto-turn: it resumes as soon as I click another 48 times.
I looked at the Events, and I saw Image 2.
First thing I notice, is that it did indeed fast forward 24h, which I did not expect.
On the bottom, you can see my usual research and the aliens probably protesting because I'm surveying their house. But hey, I don't speak your language so I don't care.
The most interesting thing is the several 48 (I'm 98% sure they're exactly 48, it's hard to count manually while scrolling), identical reports of my survey ship finding mineral on their home planet.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:11:33 PM by Agoelia »

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
v1.20, but checked for previous reporting of bug and/or fixing

Retirement event message *always* says "Current assignment: Unassigned" even if they were assigned to something.

I can't see a code issue. I'll add a break point and monitor.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2020, 06:08:24 PM »
my shipyard with 1 slipway is able to make an unlimited amount of ships

I can't recreate. Create Task button greys out when no slipways available.

Offline muzzlehead

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2020, 06:09:22 PM »
I designed a Survey Ship in the Class Design Window.   I included prototype engines in the initial design.   When I researched the prototype the engines, after the engines were researched they still remained as prototype (RP).   The option to research them was no longer available.

I included a zipped data base in which the events records the engine having been researched.

Thanks for such great game.

Offline AlitarSemiramis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »
V 1. 30

When you get an event of a research lab being inactive, and you click on it, the screen opens on the Mining tab.