Author Topic: Enemy Ship Surrendiner, abnormal behavior  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Jaz010 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • J
Enemy Ship Surrendiner, abnormal behavior
« on: April 15, 2020, 11:56:24 AM »
Hello,
Am still running on 1. 2, I had a NPR fleet of 5 vessels in the SOL system ( same NPR has a colony on Mars) the fleet contained one jump tender, 2 troop transport , 2 AMM ships and 2 Gauss Final Defense ships.   
they have been in the system for years, ( initially detected them 30 years ago, but didn't have any capabilities yet) .  Next time they showed on my sensors I only had 4 Final Defense Frigates. 
I wanted to test so I approched the ships expecting them to fire , but nothing.  I closed the range to 0 and fired my Guass Canons, after the first salvo , they surrendered.   ( a second salvo was fired after surrender :) )

Is this a normal behavior, they didn't try to defend themselves at all, even that I had my Active Sensors on and was closing the distance fast.   Also I don't know what happened their crew , and the ships that I captured are showing 0 Fuel left.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Enemy Ship Surrendiner, abnormal behavior
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 12:07:21 PM »
Hello,
Am still running on 1. 2, I had a NPR fleet of 5 vessels in the SOL system ( same NPR has a colony on Mars) the fleet contained one jump tender, 2 troop transport , 2 AMM ships and 2 Gauss Final Defense ships.   
they have been in the system for years, ( initially detected them 30 years ago, but didn't have any capabilities yet) .  Next time they showed on my sensors I only had 4 Final Defense Frigates. 
I wanted to test so I approched the ships expecting them to fire , but nothing.  I closed the range to 0 and fired my Guass Canons, after the first salvo , they surrendered.   ( a second salvo was fired after surrender :) )

Is this a normal behavior, they didn't try to defend themselves at all, even that I had my Active Sensors on and was closing the distance fast.   Also I don't know what happened their crew , and the ships that I captured are showing 0 Fuel left.

Did they actually have weapons, and ammo?  Unarmed ships will surrender.  Did you ask (or demand) anything of the race diplomatically?  If they gave you their colony, they're likely to give you their ships as well.

Offline Jaz010 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 12:11:57 PM »
Yes, 2 of the ships had
Twin Gauss Cannon R200-100 Turret (2x6)    Range 20,000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Power 0-0     RM 20,000 km    ROF 5       
Beam Fire Control R48-TS12000 (2)     Max Range: 48,000 km   TS: 12,000 km/s   

and the other 2 had

Size 1 Missile Launcher (17)     Missile Size: 1    Rate of Fire 10
Missile Fire Control FC13-R1 (4)     Range 13. 5m km    Resolution 1   with 1,173 Missile each.

As far as i know I hadn't made any demonds. 

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
And those twin Guass turrets were definitely not CIWS installations (which don't make the ship count as 'armed') and the missile ships definitely still had missiles in their magazines?

Offline Jaz010 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »
Most likely the ships were set to point defense and didn't know how to switch their fire control configuration.     I have a save just be4 the attack if any1 needs it.
The question is what happened to the crew and fuel.

Offline Jaz010 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »
Yes definitely

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 12:44:27 PM »
Could they have been Precursors?  Precursor ships are robots with no crew and ignore the fuel rules, so that would explain that aspect, but generally they fight to the death and will even ram when they run out of ammo.

Possibly some of the new NPR changes spilled over onto them.  We may never know.

- - - - -

In other news, 1.5 is out now, so it's time to start over with a new game.