Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22874 times)

Offline Spacemonkey969

• Leading Rate
  • S
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
Function #2047: An item with the same key has already been added
On missile design window when I go to create a missle

New game no time increments have been used yet

Other windows open are
Ship design
Projects design

Other notes
The missle name I was trying to use first was the same as one from 5.  1.  1 I changed it and still got the same error
Used the default missile name and no error
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:06:58 AM by Spacemonkey969 »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »
I have seen two different users today report a jump point found in Sol, which leads to Sol. One posted a screenshot.

Both users said when they jump through it, they appear where they came from—the same Sol system, not a duplicate.

The second user posted this description:

when i jumped through i was taken to the same sol system, I had "Real Systems" disabled and the starting year was set to 1
I managed to get this bug twice with these settings, so i think it the starting year may effect it somehow

I have just seen this.  My starting year was set to the default.  Notably my local system generation spread was set to 200, max number of systems was set to 200, and known stars is turned off.

Notably the ship transited the jump point and wound up exactly where it started (same jump point).

Was this random stars or real systems?

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2020, 09:05:02 AM »
I have seen two different users today report a jump point found in Sol, which leads to Sol. One posted a screenshot.

Both users said when they jump through it, they appear where they came from—the same Sol system, not a duplicate.

when i jumped through i was taken to the same sol system, I had "Real Systems" disabled and the starting year was set to 1
I managed to get this bug twice with these settings, so i think it the starting year may effect it somehow

I have just seen this.  My starting year was set to the default.  Notably my local system generation spread was set to 200, max number of systems was set to 200, and known stars is turned off.

Notably the ship transited the jump point and wound up exactly where it started (same jump point).

I play exclusively random stars games and I've seen this happen in more than one game. It's a relatively easy fix. Just delete the jump point and create a new one until they stop leading back to Sol. Still, I have seen this occur.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2020, 09:05:39 AM »
Military ships can still have maintenance failures despite being in overhaul. However, total ship tonnage at the body exceeds maintenance capacity, so I'm not sure if this is working as intended or not.

If they are exceeding capacity I think they can still have failures, just at a reduced rate.

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2020, 09:07:40 AM »
I am experiencing massive swings in temperature on my colony every 2-3 in game days. Probably not WAI.
I think it's because all the frigusium is frozen, which leads to very high temperatures.
But then high temperature melts the frigusium, which leads to very low temperatures.
But then the frigusium freezes, and the cycle starts again. Pictures are taken 2 days apart.

Also, the surface temperature can go below absolute zero. This could be either an unrelated bug, or, as I believe, the cause of the aforementioned problem (frigusium is not supposed to freeze until absolute zero, right? That would solve the problem, if the game didn't allow sub-absolute zero temperatures).

Offline Fietsenstandaard

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2020, 09:07:49 AM »
Posted before, but it is still here:

1.     Have a ship that is stranded without fuel.   
2.     Use a ship with a the tractorbeam to bring it home.     Both ships should be in the same fleet now.   
3.     Without releasing the tractor beam, make a new fleet in the fleet window by detaching the ship that was stranded.   
4.     The once stranded ship now has a speed of 300.   000 km/s.     After receiving an order, it will rush to the end of the universe, because it cannot change its speed anymore and will never slow down.   

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2020, 09:08:24 AM »
The function number: 2398
The complete error text: Function #2398: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
The window affected: Tactical View
What you were doing at the time: Pressing 5 day increment to let research complete
A conventional start: Yes
A random stars game: No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: One-off
A long campaign - say 75 years or longer:  No
The length of the campaign: 3 years

The bug: Above error message is fired while waiting for time to pass.   There was a series of "Increment Adjustment" messages prior to this happening.     Attaching my database with my game "Astoria". 

Steps to reproduce:
 1.   Open game "Astoria"
 2.   Press 5 Day increment button on tactical view

Edit: It seems to have gone away after closing the game and reopening.

Thanks for the very complete bug report. I can't recreate the bug (probably because of the closing an opening you mentioned. The error was is in assignment of officers so may have been a one-off weird situation.

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2020, 09:09:25 AM »

In my case, it was random stars. I am one of the users who reported the problem.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2020, 09:11:19 AM »
A user posted that he was able to add oxygen to Mars' atmosphere from ground-based terraformers, despite having 0 colonists on the planet. Note the negative workers in this user's screenshot:

That should be picked up by the manufacturing efficiency. How much are they adding compared to normal?

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »
Military ships can still have maintenance failures despite being in overhaul. However, total ship tonnage at the body exceeds maintenance capacity, so I'm not sure if this is working as intended or not.

If they are exceeding capacity I think they can still have failures, just at a reduced rate.

Not according to the change log, unless you changed your mind between then and now of course  ;)

I seem to be unable to figure out how to link to a post, but from about half way down on page two of C# Aurora Changes List v1.00:

7)   Ships can enter overhaul in the same way as they do now, except they can also do this at a deep space Maintenance Location as well as at a population. Overhauls will proceed at a slower rate (and use fewer MSP) if the total tonnage of the ships being maintained exceeds the Total Maintenance Capacity. However, ships undergoing overhaul will not suffer maintenance failures in this situation.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline gor

• Leading Rate
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2020, 09:15:51 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10902. msg125711#msg125711 date=1587305479
Quote from: Ancalagon link=topic=10902. msg125570#msg125570 date=1587272727
A user posted that he was able to add oxygen to Mars' atmosphere from ground-based terraformers, despite having 0 colonists on the planet.  Note the negative workers in this user's screenshot:

That should be picked up by the manufacturing efficiency.  How much are they adding compared to normal?

Same happened to me.  You can terraform with ground installation if you have 0 pop with full efficiency.  Whit even 1 people manufacturing efficiency kicks in and it works normal. 

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2020, 09:16:16 AM »
Seems there are lots of issues in the current version with dead ends forming in the galaxy, NPRs spawning close to Sol, and multiple jump points leading to Sol. They perhaps may all be somewhat related.

I just ran a random start with 5 NPRs. Systems numbers are well distributed, so that isn't the issue. However, Sol is set to number zero, which makes me suspicious that it is somehow ending up as a default destination. I'll keep digging.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10902.  msg125696#msg125696 date=1587304432
Quote from: pwhk link=topic=10902.  msg125529#msg125529 date=1587261660
v1.   6.   3

Unable to move a Ground Unit out of a Headquarters regiment to root (i.   e.    not under any Headquarters Regiment).    The tree view updates but the HQ regiment details does not update.    Said unit reverted to be under the HQ when Closing and reopening the window.   

See picture, drag and drop according to the red arrow. 

Have you tried the Clear Hierarchy button?

That is a weird-looking font BTW. 

Clear Hierarchy button does work fine.   Admittedly that was not an intuitive action to me (compared to drag&drop to root, especially it works in reverse i. e.  putting unit under hierarchy), I thought that the button would delete all hierarchies. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:24:24 AM by pwhk »

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2020, 09:22:31 AM »
Fresh save and I've hit consistent errors on incrementing forward. They started right after I Gliese 687 I think.
#2410, #2409, #1541, #114
DB attached.

Thanks for the DB. Very helpful. An pre-industrial NPR has been generated in that system with no technology or ships. Unfortunately, the game is struggling because it expects technology. I need to fix the code to allow for that. It is something I never got around to testing :(

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now.
Nice. Thanks, I wasn't aware NPRs could be generated pre-industrial. So far these blokes have been pretty boring. I've been  creeping on them for a decade or so and they have done nothing. Might have something to do with the 0 installations on their planet. Guess I'll have to subjugate them. For their own good of course.

On a similar note, should I be able to communicate with them? I've had a diplo ship in orbit for at least a decade and there have been no communication attempts.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2020, 09:27:43 AM »
Seems there are lots of issues in the current version with dead ends forming in the galaxy, NPRs spawning close to Sol, and multiple jump points leading to Sol. They perhaps may all be somewhat related.

I just ran a random start with 5 NPRs. Systems numbers are well distributed, so that isn't the issue. However, Sol is set to number zero, which makes me suspicious that it is somehow ending up as a default destination. I'll keep digging.

Confirmed bug - you are much more likely to enter an existing system in random stars - avoid random stars until I fix it. Will be v1.7.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon