Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22844 times)

Offline Aezel

• Leading Rate
  • A
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2020, 08:01:47 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10902.  msg125497#msg125497 date=1587254827
Quote from: Ironclad Mouse link=topic=10902.  msg125496#msg125496 date=1587254600
Version 1.   6.   3
Specifying the amount of gas you want added by terraformers seems to not work as they will continue adding/removing gas past the point you specified.   
For example, in my game I told my terraforming ship to add .   2 atm of oxygen to Mars, hit enter just to make sure it would be accepted, after letting some time pass I decided to check everything was going fine, eventually I realized I hadn't received a terraforming report so I went to check and it had went up to about .   21 atm.    of oxygen and as the auto-turn was still on I noticed it was still going up, despite setting the max amount to .   2 atm

Works fine for me, I even get a message and then it gets changed to none.   I don't press enter tho. 
I think this may be related to a bug I found.   The maximum atmosphere parameter seems to start misbehaving (not updating, go to 0 sometimes) after the economics window has been open for a while (at least half a year in-game time as far as I've found).   Just closing and opening the window again seems to solve the issue. 

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2020, 08:17:38 PM »
Version 1. 6. 3
Specifying the amount of gas you want added by terraformers seems to not work as they will continue adding/removing gas past the point you specified.
For example, in my game I told my terraforming ship to add . 2 atm of oxygen to Mars, hit enter just to make sure it would be accepted, after letting some time pass I decided to check everything was going fine, eventually I realized I hadn't received a terraforming report so I went to check and it had went up to about . 21 atm.  of oxygen and as the auto-turn was still on I noticed it was still going up, despite setting the max amount to . 2 atm

Did you type ".2" atm, or did you type "0.2" atm?  And what's your decimal separator ("." or ",")?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2020, 08:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the bug fixes Steve, wish those jerks on reddit would respect your wishes.

While colonies now tap into their trade good production of (LG) Infrastructure, I can't seem to get the civies to trade any of the LG infrastructure.   They'd rather just send wine, etc.  from Ceres to Earth than export any LG Infrastructure to outlying colonies.

Civilians will only move LG infrastructure to LG colonies.  They'll also go for the more lucrative contracts first.

Offline The_Seeker

• Petty Officer
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2020, 08:48:09 PM »
Titan's environment is not updating:

DB attached.
Unless I am missing something, it says you have no terraformers in orbit even, it would show up on the colony list next to Titan's name.  Are you trying to use installations or ship-based terraforming modules?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:53:39 PM by The_Seeker »

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10902. msg125519#msg125519 date=1587259153
Quote from: Chrisianak link=topic=10902. msg125513#msg125513 date=1587258096
Thanks for the bug fixes Steve, wish those jerks on reddit would respect your wishes. 

While colonies now tap into their trade good production of (LG) Infrastructure, I can't seem to get the civies to trade any of the LG infrastructure.    They'd rather just send wine, etc.   from Ceres to Earth than export any LG Infrastructure to outlying colonies.

Civilians will only move LG infrastructure to LG colonies.   They'll also go for the more lucrative contracts first.

I was aware of the LG to LG only, I was using a fully populated Ceres with an annual surplus and seeing if I could get it to export to Rhea.   No luck.   Regular infrastructure takes priority of regular trade goods(so I made sure there was no need to trade regular infrastructure via an excess SM'd in), but I can't seem to get them to trade LG at all, they just start moving the other trade goods.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »

DB attached.
Unless I am missing something, it says you have no terraformers in orbit even, it would show up on the colony list next to Titan's name.  Are you trying to use installations or ship-based terraforming modules?

are you serious dude?

First of all look at the total ATM and the add the ATM's of all the gases and see they do not match.

Then look at the bottom and see there is an ANNUAL TRANSFORMER CAPACITY which means I have them... Like come on it's not like Titan has 0.32atm of Aestusium...

The bug is that the total ATM and greenhouse effect and other stuff in that box is not updating.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2020, 09:01:00 PM »
v1. 6. 3

Unable to move a Ground Unit out of a Headquarters regiment to root (i. e.  not under any Headquarters Regiment).  The tree view updates but the HQ regiment details does not update.  Said unit reverted to be under the HQ when Closing and reopening the window.

See picture, drag and drop according to the red arrow.

Offline Ironclad Mouse

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10902. msg125518#msg125518 date=1587259058
Quote from: Ironclad Mouse link=topic=10902. msg125496#msg125496 date=1587254600
Version 1.  6.  3
For example, in my game I told my terraforming ship to add .  2 atm of oxygen to Mars, hit enter just to make sure it would be accepted, after letting some time pass I decided to check everything was going fine, eventually I realized I hadn't received a terraforming report so I went to check and it had went up to about .  21 atm.   of oxygen and as the auto-turn was still on I noticed it was still going up, despite setting the max amount to .  2 atm

Did you type ". 2" atm, or did you type "0. 2" atm?  And what's your decimal separator (". " or ",")?
I think I just typed . 2 and my decimal seperator is a ". " so that may be why, i don't know, I tried it a few moments ago on the federated nations campaign and seemed to get it to save by clicking somewhere else on the environment tab so I may have just been being not very bright at that moment
I just felt like it might be a bug since it didn't seem to save when I closed and reopened the economics window
"Are you a man, or a mouse"
"Squeak"

Offline The_Seeker

• Petty Officer
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2020, 09:15:40 PM »

DB attached.

are you serious dude?

First of all look at the total ATM and the add the ATM's of all the gases and see they do not match.

Then look at the bottom and see there is an ANNUAL TRANSFORMER CAPACITY which means I have them... Like come on it's not like Titan has 0.32atm of Aestusium...

The bug is that the total ATM and greenhouse effect and other stuff in that box is not updating.
I don't know why you're so hostile, all you had to say was "yes, I am using the installations, not the terraforming modules".  The two gases aren't counted because of the (F), whatever that even means.  In the meantime, try using SM mode to add the gases.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:18:07 PM by The_Seeker »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2020, 09:20:05 PM »

DB attached.

are you serious dude?

I don't know why you're so hostile, all you had to say was "yes, I am using the installations, not the terraforming modules".  The two gases aren't counted because of the (F), whatever that even means.  In the meantime, try using SM mode to add the gases.

SM mode does nothing, it's broken, it's a bug, I am gonna stop replying to you.

Offline Ironclad Mouse

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2020, 09:21:40 PM »
I don't know why you're so hostile, all you had to say was "yes, I am using the installations, not the terraforming modules".   The two gases aren't counted because of the (F), whatever that even means.   In the meantime, try using SM mode to add the gases.
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the (F) means it's frozen so the temp needs to be raised before it'll count
"Are you a man, or a mouse"
"Squeak"

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb, The_Seeker

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »
I don't know why you're so hostile, all you had to say was "yes, I am using the installations, not the terraforming modules".   The two gases aren't counted because of the (F), whatever that even means.   In the meantime, try using SM mode to add the gases.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the (F) means it's frozen so the temp needs to be raised before it'll count
[/quote]

Now this is a useful response; that does seem to be it.

Weird how the gas we are supposed to use to heat up planets can freeze, perhaps that is unintended behavior.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2020, 09:25:35 PM »
The select increment length buttons on the galaxy map don't start a turn. The button gets highlighted, but no turn processing begins.

I'm not sure if this is a bug as I don't usually use Standing orders, But the "survey nearest survey location" order sent my GEV ship to do a geo survey.
I was under the impression that "Survey nearest body" was exclusively geo surveys, while "Survey next survey location" was exclusively grav surveys.
If I'm wrong then I apologise, if I'm right perhaps the label should be "Survey next Grav Location" or something like that.
Its possible the bug is happening because the whole system was already surveyed. I added more jump points and assumed those would unflag the system as being not explored. I was testing the bug where systems link back to sol and was wondering what the behaviour for hidden jump points would be. Probably working as intended as you can still resurvey the system by manually flagging each survey location.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:40:02 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2020, 09:40:17 PM »

Now this is a useful response; that does seem to be it.

Weird how the gas we are supposed to use to heat up planets can freeze, perhaps that is unintended behavior.
[/quote]

Any gas has a freezing point therefore not all bodies can be heated. You may check what gas can be used prior terraforming a body.

To be completely honest I even forgot that new feature on terraforming.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »

The ones with (F) after them are frozen out as snow or ice on the surface. They only become an actual part of the atmosphere if you warm it up enough for them to melt. The melting points are easily found on wikipedia.