Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20577 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2020, 06:50:48 AM »
When I attempt to open the Colony Summary tab via the home icon, it throws "Function #1690: Value to add was out of range.  Parameter name: value" but otherwise opens the colony summary normally.

Progressing in 5 and 30 day increments, occasionally when a new civillian ship spawns I again receive "Function #1690: Value to add was out of range.  Parameter name: value" but on the tactical map.

#1690 is a display date function. What year is your game?

Also, are you running a mod that affects dates?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2020, 06:55:20 AM »
I am getting errors which I think may be related to missing entries in certain themeing files.

My themes are:
System: Ukranian Birds
Class: Trafalgar Order of Battle
Name: Zhodani

When I click "company name" in the "Create Project Window", it throws "Function #1652: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: index"
It then throws a second error: "Function #2636: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " At this point, the "company name" field above the research project name changes to read "error".

It looks like name themes without surnames cause the problem. I've added code to handle it.

Offline Neophyte

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2020, 06:57:10 AM »

CIWS do not engage incoming missiles

I'm not Steve (obviously) but it looks like you're using a comma decimal separator instead of period, and a period digital grouping separator instead of a comma.

These being different from the settings Aurora is programmed in causing problems is a known issue.  Your CIWS having a tracking speed of "25 000" makes me wonder if that could be it.

Try setting the separator to periods and groupings to commas in your regional settings and see if that works.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2020, 07:06:50 AM »
Getting this error every time period even 5 seconds:

Attached is DB.

Brand new game on 1.73, 2 NPR's at start, 7 years in, other than that pretty default settings. Invaders on and NPR's activate non-NPR on.

Fixed. Should be fine if you upgrade when the 1.7.4 patch comes out.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 07:15:29 AM »
I kinda wonder which OS the People are running that have those dezimal/number separator Problems. On my Win10 1909 in german with the german number template 123.456.789,012 I have no Problems at all. All Numbers are shown correctly and my CIWS is firing normally.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2020, 07:15:39 AM »
There does not appear to be a way to overload crew quarters for rescue shuttles and carriers, unless I'm blind?.  I seem to remember an option for this in the VB version.

There is no way. The rules changed for C# Aurora. You can still add emergency cryo for survivors though.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104051;topicseen#msg104051
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104052;topicseen#msg104052

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2020, 07:19:42 AM »
In a new 1.7.3 game I've surveyed Sol but not quite developed jump drives yet (auto tech made weird choices I guess). I think the NPRs are up to something because I suddenly got a repeating sequence of four error messages:

#2608 null ref
#222 null ref
#224 null ref
#2339 null ref

After closing these a number of times it went back to normal. Automated turns was on, so it advanced a turn or two before I could stop it, but I've attached the database in case it's helpful.

Offline Ekaton

• E
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2020, 07:28:07 AM »
In a new 1.7.3 game I've surveyed Sol but not quite developed jump drives yet (auto tech made weird choices I guess). I think the NPRs are up to something because I suddenly got a repeating sequence of four error messages:

#2608 null ref
#222 null ref
#224 null ref
#2339 null ref

After closing these a number of times it went back to normal. Automated turns was on, so it advanced a turn or two before I could stop it, but I've attached the database in case it's helpful.

I had the same bug but in my case it didn't go back to normal.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 07:35:31 AM »
EDIT: Found cause of bug which is explained later in this thread.

Launched ready ordnance at JP2 and the buoy was launched without issue (other than passive sensors not showing up which is a known bug). Set command to launch ordnance at JP1 and it appears to complete the command but nothing happens. Tried three times and the history of the fleet shows the command three times but no missile is used or shows up other than the first one. No error messages appear. Had another discord user confirm that they have also had issues with the "launch ready ordnance" command. Tried Queuing multiple commands and it still didn't work. I'm assuming it's something weird with some "ready ordnance" value not being reset when the missile is reloaded so it only works once per ship.

Fire control in combat screen

History of ship

DB attached. Ship in question is the SS Pandora.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:26:36 AM by RagnarVaren »

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »
v1. 7. 3

- "All Windows Linked to Race" settings is not saved.  When loading game this setting got reset to false.
- In "View Technology" Window, select Engines.  The column "Efficiency" (which I believed to be fuel efficiency) appear to be rounded down, result in multiple engines displayed of having "0" efficiency despite they have e. g.  0. 8 efficiency.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2020, 07:54:27 AM »
I'm currently watching NPR vs NPR combat (no idea if a spoiler is in that fight), and I had two Function 4 error : "object's reference is not linked with an objetc's instance" every 15 seconds (each time an action is done by the fighting NPR). I was too slow to save the DB when it was happening, now the fight continues without errors.

DB attached

Edit : It's happening often now, each time NPR are fighting. I suspect it's a spoiler, as something destroyed one of my ship and i'm still neutral with all NPR of the area

JaimeLah

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2020, 08:10:00 AM »
Hey guys

When I click on "create colony" in the system management window (or in the fleet management window), nothing happens.  I remember prior to C# Aurora, you just had to push the button and a colony would be created, then you could interact with the body as you do with every colony.

Was there a change in this ? Or is it a bug from my side ?

Thank you

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 08:12:29 AM »
v1.7.3

In "Class Design", if a ship design was not retooled but built (or refitted into), the design does not get locked. Such ship can be built if there is a compatible (similar) design and get retooled into.

i.e.
1. Create two similar ship classes
2. Retool a shipyard to class A
3. Start building a ship of class B
4. Class B does not get locked.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:16:29 AM by pwhk »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:43 AM »
Welp,  there goes another game.

Dunno what's wrong, it just keeps hanging around April when I try to increment time. Happened consistently 5 times now.

EDIT: I sent you a message with more details, but it seems to be related to an infinite loop in officer assignment or promotion. Reassigning all officers seemed to fix it, gonna dig deeper and see if it was related to flag bridges or naval admin commands.

EDIT 2: Auto assign doesn't work for flag commanders, and when the current flag commander is getting removed due to promotion, it hangs infinitely. The flag commander was also the highest promotion score in his rank in my instance.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 08:21:13 AM »
Quote from: cocyte
Got a strange bug related to officer ranks and administration positions... The game hangs while performing a specific sequence of operation with a specific officer.

First, here is the database

With this DB, perform the following actions :
- Open the commanders window
- Select Rear Admiral Abigail Clayton
- Select the Naval Admin Commands jobs. -> A list of all the various departments should appears. An admiral is required for the top most command, a Vice admiral for the Formation Department
- Demote Abigail to Commodore -> The ranks required for the TSDI Navy switch to Vice Admiral, the rank for the Formation Department switch to Rear Admiral
- Promote Abigail to Vice Admiral -> The rank required jumps to Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy and to Admiral for the Formation Department
- Promote Abigail to Admiral -> Game hangs. Probably because it looks for a higher rank than Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy command.

It also happens with most of the commodores when promoted.

Furthermore, there's no "rank jumping" with several of the other commanders. For example, promoting her fellow Rear Admiral Kate Herbert don't change the required ranks at all.

Important context for investigation : I messed with the ranks, adding a new bottom most level (Lieutenant) for all freshmen. As you can only create a new top most rank (as far as I know), I renamed all the ranks.

Reproduced it on 1.7.3 using the default game : It's obviously due to the automated required rank adjustement of Naval Admin Commands depending on the rank of ship commanders.

With the Federation Planet game, on the commander window :
- Assign one of the Rear Admiral (Upper half) to one of the two grav survey ship.
- Check Naval Admin Commands : Required ranks are Admiral for the FN Navy and Vice Admiral for the Survey Command
- Promote the previously assigned Rear Admiral -> Required ranks jumps to Fleet Admiral and Admiral
- Promote this commander again -> Game hangs.

Thanks - those steps really helped. I've fixed it now.