Author Topic: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 53767 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 27, 2020, 02:01:50 PM »
My ship got destroyed, the commander managed to escape to a lifeboat, she was looking forward to a slow death from asphyxiation.  But the bureaucratic machine never sleeps and she was immediately assigned to a new post (automated assignments turned ON).
I guess it can be done manually too, but somehow it feels wrong that the pencil pushers have power over space-time ;)

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Demakustus

Offline Thrake

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #481 on: April 27, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »

I am getting about 60 "function #1414: value was too high or too low for a decimal" every turn for 5 to 10 turns.

I'm running your game without errors. However, I had to delete GravS6 to get the game to load. Maybe that was causing the problem.

I kept playing the same game and the same error appeared again.

It happened right after that the fleet Tug tractored the ship Cat 002 back home. In the fleet organization window, I have split the ship Cat 002 away from the Tug fleet and now when I click on this fleet, ScoutS2 in the naval organisation window, I get two errors: "#2976 value was too high or too low for a decimal" followed by "#916 value was too high or too low for a decimal". This fleet is composed of a single ship with 0 fuel which is ordered to refuel and resupply on the planet it is orbiting, but it won't do it for some reason.

When I load the game I get error 1171 and 1367 with "Can not perform a cast of DBnull item into other types" text. Errors are gone again and apparently ScoutS2 is gone this time. Could it be linked to the merging of fleets? Could the game keep track of the fleet that was automatically merged with the Tug fleet when I tractored the single ship of the ScoutS2 fleet and en error occured when I recreated a fleet with the same name?

Nulls are appearing in your db for some double values. Do you have the comma as your decimal separator?

That was the default setting of my computer, however I have changed it to specifically use dots in the regional settings, that fixed another issue I had so I do not think it is linked to this.

Offline johiah

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #482 on: April 27, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »
I'm not sure if this is an issue unique to me but after not finding any NPRs to fight with gen chance set to 80% and discovering more than 80 systems, I decided to spawn one in manually using SM mode. It builds ships and colonies and seems to be exploiting its home system, but it hasn't left its home system. It's even scanned and knows of the four jump points, but it has never explored any of them. It's made 10 colonies and more than 40 years.

Offline Geezer

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #483 on: April 27, 2020, 02:50:30 PM »
I tried creating 100 mines on my new colony on Mars.  Got the attached error.  Pretty sure it was due to the completion date being beyond 9999 since after clicking OK on the error message the screen showed "error" where it should have showed the completion date.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #484 on: April 27, 2020, 02:52:11 PM »
I tried creating 100 mines on my new colony on Mars.  Got the attached error.  Pretty sure it was due to the completion date being beyond 9999 since after clicking OK on the error message the screen showed "error" where it should have showed the completion date.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #485 on: April 27, 2020, 03:26:23 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10990. msg128623#msg128623 date=1588013876
Quote from: Cobaia link=topic=10990. msg128608#msg128608 date=1588009145
The function number: #917
The complete error text: Value too big or too small for Int32
The window affected: Main game window
What you were doing at the time: Refueling ships and setting Join Fleet Order
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Constant
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 160 years long

I was able to save the game and remove the orders.   Error stopped.

I think it was related to movement toward a very distant target.  I've changed the value I think was the problem from an integer to a double.

I've successfully recreated the error.

There was something causing the order to join the fleet to go towards 180º instead of 000º.

I set the ship to join a fleet at Minerva that was 000º.  The ship went 180º.  I've set an waypoint and forced the correct trip.

No bug I think.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #486 on: April 27, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
Function #1821: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Scenario: Epsilon Indi system ground combat against precursor outpost defenders - initial precursor force 20k tons and 2k STO, friendly ground forces is a mechanized assault brigade consisting of mostly mechanized with some armoured forces at around 100k tons (including logistics). STOs are firing at a battlecruiser in orbit and missing and orbiting warships are not doing any form of orbital bombardment.

Ground forces have 80 CAS fighters in orbit on ground support missions. 24 of those fighters are committed to supporting 2 armoured companies and 2 mechanized companies - all 4 of those formations are on frontline attack.

The exception is thrown every combat round - it seems to be preventing any CAS from firing since they still have all their ordnance - ground combat continued until 600 tons of enemy was left but would not progress further (telling the CAS to stop fixed it and the outpost was conquered). Similar exceptions also thrown when CAS fighters are on other ground missions.
Each CAS fighter consists of 2 size 12 strafing pods, 1 size 12 bombardment pod and 1 size 12 AtA pod. There are no precursor ground fighters present.

DB attached - planet of interest is Epsilon indi A-IV, the fighters should already be set to ground support so just play it for the next 8 hours and see what happens.

Edit: I just swapped out the AtA pods for a second bombardment pod - same result, its not because the AtA can't shoot at any fighters.

Authors note: When you have a lot of fighters giving support it becomes incredibly time consuming and tedious to assign them to their formations - i think you should make it so that fighters on ground support are automatically distributed to FFDs (6 per) that are in formations doing frontline attack (and maybe extend that to frontline defence too) and leave the fine tuning up to the player. This could also allow extra fighters to automatically replace downed ones as combat progresses.

P.S: If this is a problem I can work around without getting the next patch please let me know, like if its the AtA pods not having a valid target I'll just swap it out for another pod.

Second problem: I unnasigned the CAS to continue combat and now everytime I try to open ground OOB during combat I get:
Function #2355: Object reference not set to an instance of an object - this is preventing me from opening the ground OOB tab and persists beyond the ground combat (saving the game seems to have fixed the persistence but not the cause. I had also sent all fleets home so idk how I prevented the error from being thrown everytime I opened the OOB)
Edit: I think the second problem is related to unassigning fighters from supporting a formation - the references aren't being cleaned up properly.

The 1821 was caused by code that allowed the parent formations of formations attacked by CAS to respond with AA fire. Unfortunately, the code did not allow for the parent formation not to exist. Thanks for the DB.

2355 is the code that opens windows from the toolbar. Not sure that is throwing an error.

Well the 2355 error was thrown every time I tried opening the ground OOB from toolbar AFTER I cleared the CAS supports of by using the clear support button for the supported formations. I do not know exactly how but when my forces returned and landed back on earth (and the CAS landed on their carrier) the error stopped throwing and was able to play as normal.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #487 on: April 27, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
When designing CIWS, there is no way to select "No ECCM"

The following users thanked this post: Zerkuron

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #488 on: April 27, 2020, 05:17:50 PM »
Hmm, it seems I can just stack more and more LG infrastructure on a LG world and have unlimited population capacity, regardless of the world's size.
Attached is a screenshot of Ceres with SM'd LG infrastructure.  The population doesn't seem to be growing but it's not shrinking either, however, the theoretical capacity isn't limited to the 70m the System Generation and Display window suggests.
Is that intended?

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #489 on: April 27, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
Hmm, it seems I can just stack more and more LG infrastructure on a LG world and have unlimited population capacity, regardless of the world's size.
Attached is a screenshot of Ceres with SM'd LG infrastructure.  The population doesn't seem to be growing but it's not shrinking either, however, the theoretical capacity isn't limited to the 70m the System Generation and Display window suggests.
Is that intended?

There are two "population capacity", one given by infrastructure and colony cost, the other by size. So everything is WAI, you can check change logs for more precision

The following users thanked this post: Demakustus

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #490 on: April 27, 2020, 06:43:41 PM »
I'm in combat, and particularly when setting up AMM FCs, I'm getting lots of Function #2737: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  As a side note, it would be nice if those worked without having to be switched on individually, which seems to be the only way to make them work for me, or at least if there was a button to turn them on for the whole fleet.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #491 on: April 27, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »
Max Population capacity is not being respected by orbital habitat population growth or civilian colony transports.

E.G: Give Ceres orbital habitat capacity (another 70m in the test I just ran), fill it to capacity of 140m
Result: Surface growth rate=0%, orbital 4.85%.  Extra pop added to surface corresponding to 4.85% of orbital pop*length/year.  Overcrowding ensues.

Also, civilians will attempt to fill infrastructure capacity, regardless of body max pop.  Unless of course you manually change to source or stable.  Again, overcrowding ensues.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #492 on: April 27, 2020, 07:38:00 PM »
I am unable to use alien missiles in an ordnance template for my ships. I previously had an alien AMM ship surrender to me (along with a couple of others), containing a full load of missiles. After sending it back to Earth I assigned to one of my normal warship squadrons, and eventually used the "Replace Ordnance" command to upgrade my other ships to a new set of missiles. Because the alien-built AMM ship had no template assigned, all ~1300 of its missiles were dropped off on the planet, and I am now unable to reload them back into the ship. The missiles do show up in the colony stockpile view. The Ordnance Template tab on the fleet window, as well as the matching tab on the ship design window, does not list any alien missiles for me to add to the template of either the class or the ship, regardless of what checkboxes are toggled.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2020, 02:55:41 AM »
Using automated Commander appointments.

My first FT vessel commander was appointed automatically. However the 2nd vessel to be built did not have a commander automatically appointed

db attached showing position 5 days before 2nd FT vessel due from Shipyard. Running forward 5 days , the FT vessel completes but no Commander appointed.

Is it because there are no suitable Commanders with the Logistics Bonus?

DavidR
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:54:03 AM by davidr »

Offline Second Foundationer

« Reply #494 on: April 28, 2020, 03:47:17 AM »
Really minor bug?/incomplete feature.  The new immersive-to-have shipwise stats (HMS McBoatface: 99 new systems discovered etc. ) are working gloriously.  However, the ship (not fleet) history (constructed, repaired, etc.  as in VB Aurora) appears to be recorded in the database except for changes in command, but nothing is displayed in the Ship Overview/History subpanel.  If it's easy to do with just a few lines, it would be nice to have that back on top of the stats.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit