Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 74545 times)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2022, 11:19:51 AM »
Enemy losses have been estimated to less than 500 of all types, their Swarm warriors, had a thick carapace that gave them an standard armor value of 180...

It sounds like a dedicated AT Battalion is required. Either that or a serious tech up.

Yea most of my army is infantry based, some ATs in the units, but its the armored and mechanized units that were supposed to have the punch... but not against the Swarm, or as they have been dubbed Tyranids, and so on... 180 in armor is a lot for infantry based weapons, so yes more heavy tanks will be needed... But that takes time, so I will have to bomb that small moon to dust, when I can spare a fleet...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2022, 02:14:09 PM »
Well my first game if 2.0 is exciting from the beginning.

First survey cruiser discovered Alpha Centauri and the orbits are mess, there are some planets with nitrogen-oxygen atmospheres, but the temperature varies between 42°C and 65°C for first planet and -47°C and 30°C for the second one. My head hurts just thinking about terraforming those. I need some tool to do this (I don't think that the second one can be terraformed to reach CC 0).

Star system discovered by the second survey cruiser caused great excitement. Not only is Tau Ceti III world with CC 0, despite its eccentric orbit with over 20°C difference between perihelion and aphelion, but it is also home of deserted intact colony. To make it even more exciting, Tau Ceti IV has very interesting "moon", it has same diameter as the planet. Nice orbit with low eccentricity makes them easy to terraform.

Wait for Aurora 2.0 was long, but now we can all spend uncounted hours playing it.

The following users thanked this post: Destragon, Sebmono

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2022, 05:58:39 PM »
Star system discovered by the second survey cruiser caused great excitement. Not only is Tau Ceti III world with CC 0, despite its eccentric orbit with over 20°C difference between perihelion and aphelion, but it is also home of deserted intact colony. To make it even more exciting, Tau Ceti IV has very interesting "moon", it has same diameter as the planet. Nice orbit with low eccentricity makes them easy to terraform.

IIRC the "moon" is actually a twin planet, but Steve implemented them as moons with the same size as the 'primary' planet.

Wait for Aurora 2.0 was long, but now we can all spend uncounted hours playing it.

Unfortunately for me the 2.0 release has fallen in the middle of a job transition and moving house, so I have taken the approach to wait for the most annoying and game-breaking bugs before starting any campaigns. I am hoping to do a multi-faction campaign influenced by the old Starfire AARs but we will see.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2022, 02:32:24 AM »
Unfortunately for me the 2.0 release has fallen in the middle of a job transition and moving house, so I have taken the approach to wait for the most annoying and game-breaking bugs before starting any campaigns. I am hoping to do a multi-faction campaign influenced by the old Starfire AARs but we will see.

Good luck with the new job! Looking forward to your new AAR, I greatly enjoyed the Duranium Legion AAR.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline ICELAG

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • I
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2022, 02:51:54 PM »
Space Mines/Loiter Missiles work in 2. 0.  These are the the mines I am using hoping they work against raiders.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2022, 09:32:57 PM »
Good luck with the new job! Looking forward to your new AAR, I greatly enjoyed the Duranium Legion AAR.

Your use of past tense is premature. ;-)

I do at least intend to finish the Naval Conference eventually, after that I have not decided but will probably keep it running occasionally as my single-faction campaign.

The following users thanked this post: Black, El Pip

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2022, 06:21:49 AM »
Your use of past tense is premature. ;-)
Hurrah!

I do at least intend to finish the Naval Conference eventually, after that I have not decided but will probably keep it running occasionally as my single-faction campaign.
The culmination of the Naval Conference will be the Lord High Admirals finally snapping and attacking each other until none are left alive. Then light refreshments will be served.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2022, 10:57:09 PM »
The culmination of the Naval Conference will be the Lord High Admirals finally snapping and attacking each other until none are left alive. Then light refreshments will be served.

Well, now the ending is spoiled.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2022, 06:50:18 AM »
Brain Eating Zombie Lord High Admirals. May be hard to tell from the normal ones, and solves the difficult problem of what snacks to serve. Brains

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2022, 09:27:16 AM »
With 2.0 out, I started a new game with 2 NPRs somewhere out there, and two player races in two different home systems, unaware of each other and so far unconnected.

Humanity just got out of Sol, having stablized three of the four jump gates in Sol and jumped across each to see what bodies are in the new systems, when alien ships started showing up at the 4th, unstabilized gate! Communication has been established, and they don't seem hostile, but the Sol government is still in the awstruck phase of realizing we're not alone in the galaxy, and hasn't yet asked the aliens to respect their claim to Sol. That may or may not go well, since it seems likely that the alien homeworld may be right next door.

Then a scout ship investigating a perfectly habitable world in one of three newly accessible neighboring systems off Sol met a 2nd new alien civilization! Now humanity has at least one, possibly two immediately adjacent neighbors, and no idea what to do about it.

The Agothans, an aquatic species, are located in a system with another sizeable and near-habitable planet, which has been colonized and is in the process of being terraformer. While the planets have lackluster mineral resources, there is both an inner ring of asteroids at a typical distance and a vast outer ring of asteroids roughly 100B km in radius, likely a planet destroyed eons ago. As a result, there are several hundred asteroids, many with small but rich mineral deposits. The Agothans have identified three jump gates, but are waiting for another level of jump drive size efficiency before exploring outwards, while they focus on developing their new colony/sister planet and establishing a combat capability based on railgun fighters and small boarding ships.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2022, 05:59:43 AM »
By late 2048, the Zamlann Empire had discovered 201 systems.
Note: this is a 1.13 game with these settings:
Local System Generation Chance 75%
Local System Generation Spread 30

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:04:40 AM by skoormit »

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2022, 11:41:46 AM »
How long is a LONG jump route?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2022, 01:41:11 PM »
How long is a LONG jump route?

From the home system, the most distant system is Laaso at 51.5bkm from primary star to primary star (and only 5 hops).
But it is very much an outlier.
It is on the far side of a MASSIVE system, Bubba. More than half (26.7bkm) of that route's distance is required just to traverse Bubba.
(There's another system even more massive than Bubba, but I haven't bothered to survey it, and I doubt I ever will.)

The next furthest system is Glar, at 41.7bkm over 11 hops (longer routes to Glar exist with fewer hops).

Here's a breakdown of system count by distance of shortest possible route:

BkmSystems
<1014
10-2074
20-3065
30-4035
40+3

Two known systems don't have any known route.
They were "discovered" via espionage, and so far no connection has been found from a known system.

The median bkm per hop for the shortest route to each system is 3.33bkm.

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2022, 09:00:06 AM »
I am playing with 2.0.3.
Sol system has one jump point; it goes to a system that has only this jump. I.e., my galaxy has 2 stars only.
Has anyone seen this before?
I attach the game information that I chosen.
How can I resolve this situation?
Can I add some jump points using SM, or shall I start another match?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2022, 09:04:42 AM »
I am playing with 2.0.3.
Sol system has one jump point; it goes to a system that has only this jump. I.e., my galaxy has 2 stars only.
Has anyone seen this before?
I attach the game information that I chosen.
How can I resolve this situation?
Can I add some jump points using SM, or shall I start another match?

Yes, use SM mode to add a few jump points.
If it were me, I'd add 2 to both systems.

Note that your race will not detect the new jump points automatically.
You will either need to survey the systems again, or click the "Full Grav Survey" button (in each system).