Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18599 times)

Offline Disguy

• Petty Officer
  • D
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2020, 04:20:20 PM »
Quote from: roug link=topic=11135. msg128922#msg128922 date=1588108630
I think i found a bug, new game, conventional i am using 150000 minerals, see picture.  No productions running.

Not sure of the rate but conventional industry will still use sorium for fuel refining.

The following users thanked this post: Larz

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2020, 04:23:18 PM »
Ouh ofc!!! i am just stupid, i see it now, fuel is filling up! Same as maintenance!

But there are something wrong with the BP and reasearch points i got 250000 point searching on stuff
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:35:29 PM by roug »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2020, 04:29:17 PM »
I know that this was brought up before, but I am really not sure that Earth Mineral Deposit setting is working. I set it to 1000 and I have 2 deposits with only 50000 minerals, then I tried 10000000 and again I had 1 deposit of 50000 and two deposits of 60000 minerals with below 0.5 availability. That seems low for something that was set much higher than normal setting.

Steve, could you please tell us a bit more about this particular setting?

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »
We can safely say the programming changes from 1.8 to 1.9 now absolutely require setting the decimal separator as requested, even for those like me who did not have any Problems up to 1.8 with the "wrong" separator. Create the game with the "Right" separator and all These Errors vanish.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf, skoormit

Offline surprise

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »
Not really a bug report, more of a question - I'm trying to migrate my DB to 1.9 (which for the most part is pretty straightforward), but one thing I wanted to double check was the apparent removal of the "Resupply at Supply Hub" and "Resupply at Colony or Supply Hub" standing orders. I didn't see anything in the bug reports forum with a few searches, so wanted to see if this removal was intentional or whether something odd happened with my DB or the 1.9 version.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2020, 05:04:17 PM »
Not really a bug report, more of a question - I'm trying to migrate my DB to 1.9 (which for the most part is pretty straightforward), but one thing I wanted to double check was the apparent removal of the "Resupply at Supply Hub" and "Resupply at Colony or Supply Hub" standing orders. I didn't see anything in the bug reports forum with a few searches, so wanted to see if this removal was intentional or whether something odd happened with my DB or the 1.9 version.

Those orders never had any code attached to them anyway.

With C# up until 1.4 I think it was Steve had actually forgot to code any resupply standing order behaviour at all. Then resupply at colony was added, but no code for the other resupply orders.

I suspect he has removed the other two for now to avoid people using standing orders that have never actually done anything.

As a side note, 1.9 seems to have some fundamental core changes code wise.... only have to look at the number of people using the incorrect separator format that have suddenly started reporting major issues with 1.9 whilst swearing blind everything worked fine before, not just on these forums but also on the Discord channel.... so migrating your DB from 1.8 to 1.9 may have some larger reaching implications this time around than with previous versions.

Mentioning it more in hope that in such cases it can avoid Steve getting lumped with bugs stemming from people trying to carry over their old campaigns into 1.9 by migrating their DB.... I'd say if you hit bugs, treat it with the same stance as those that hit them and are using the incorrect numerical formatting, try to avoid reporting bugs that will have Steve hunting down bugs he'll never find because they don't actually exist.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:10:19 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, surprise

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
I think i found a bug, new game, conventional i am using 150000 minerals, see picture. No productions running.
And bulding points also seem way off, got 150000 BP and 1500 CI

Change the comma to the period in the settings.

It solved that issue. It's not a bug.

The following users thanked this post: roug

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »
Communication seems a little bugged.  I was trying to test NPR relations in 1.9 so I created a new game and two new races next door via SM.  Forgot to ark the first as NPR, so made a second one.

Problems:
1) The NPR keeps sending unintelligible messages despite my race establishing communications with them normally (using diplo ship with communication commander, (this is an improvement over 1.8 where they always refused to try to establish communications.)  I can see their real name now.

2) The "fake" (Player controlled NPR) established communications with the Player race, and now sees my diplo ship as expected, but strangely, the player race does not have communications, and says the fake NPR is refusing to communicate, blocking further attempts at establishing communication.

The following users thanked this post: roug

Offline Friday

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=11135. msg128884#msg128884 date=1588098325
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1. 8, tested now in 1. 9

Link to the 1. 8 post (I hope) hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10990. msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1. 9.  Got a few more loops this time around.   4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1. 8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f. . .  off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1. 8, didn't make the cut to post it.  Same result as above.  4 - 5 loops.  Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

SMd around a bit aswell (Full Grav Survey -> Enter JPs) and noticed reoccurring system names if you use no theme.  Might help :)

Offline surprise

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2020, 05:20:42 PM »

Those orders never had any code attached to them anyway.

With C# up until 1.4 I think it was Steve had actually forgot to code any resupply standing order behaviour at all. Then resupply at colony was added, but no code for the other resupply orders.

I suspect he has removed the other two for now to avoid people using standing orders that have never actually done anything.

As a side note, 1.9 seems to have some fundamental core changes code wise.... only have to look at the number of people using the incorrect separator format that have suddenly started reporting major issues with 1.9 whilst swearing blind everything worked fine before, not just on these forums but also on the Discord channel.... so migrating your DB from 1.8 to 1.9 may have some larger reaching implications this time around than with previous versions.

Mentioning it more in hope that in such cases it can avoid Steve getting lumped with bugs stemming from people trying to carry over their old campaigns into 1.9 by migrating their DB.... I'd say if you hit bugs, treat it with the same stance as those that hit them and are using the incorrect numerical formatting, try to avoid reporting bugs that will have Steve hunting down bugs he'll never find because they don't actually exist.  ;D

That is good to know, I'm certainly one of the people that were using non-functional standing orders  ;D

I think I should be OK with the migration (my system was running with period separators anyways), but yes, any bugs would be reproduced against a fresh 1.9 DB before being reported.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2020, 05:21:20 PM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=11135. msg128884#msg128884 date=1588098325
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1. 8, tested now in 1. 9

Link to the 1. 8 post (I hope) hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10990. msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1. 9.  Got a few more loops this time around.   4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1. 8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f. . .  off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1. 8, didn't make the cut to post it.  Same result as above.  4 - 5 loops.  Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

SMd around a bit aswell (Full Grav Survey -> Enter JPs) and noticed reoccurring system names if you use no theme.  Might help :)

I know we're covering the same ground as Discord again but as you're actually now reporting it was a bug I want to make sure you're fully taking on board that the local generation and spread settings do nothing in Known Stars.

You do NOT have a 90% chance of a local JP being rolled based on your settings as Known Stars has its own preset behaviour that overrides anything set in the game settings.

And the maximum number of systems setting also does nothing when applied to a known stars game.... again I know we're covering ground from Discord again, but after clarification you've still reported the bug... so want to be 100% sure here that it was taken on-board and that what you see as erroneous behaviour isn't just the game doing what it's meant to be doing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:24:41 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2020, 05:38:59 PM »
Maximum system number is not being respected in random stars game.

Offline Grogfeld

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »
Bug partially fixed from 1. 8
Ships with cargo holds less then 5000 tons still can't take resources and installations from mining colonies.  Standard cargo orders show only for Earth (so I assume maybe spaceport presence do its job) but selecting other colonies doesn't show any of the standard cargo orders.  My ship has Cargo shuttle module, I even put 2 but bug persist, with SM mode I added another tiny cargo hold up to 5000 tons and orders showed up. 

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2020, 07:03:45 PM »
I know that this was brought up before, but I am really not sure that Earth Mineral Deposit setting is working. I set it to 1000 and I have 2 deposits with only 50000 minerals, then I tried 10000000 and again I had 1 deposit of 50000 and two deposits of 60000 minerals with below 0.5 availability. That seems low for something that was set much higher than normal setting.

Steve, could you please tell us a bit more about this particular setting?
v1.9.0
Decimal separator "."
I can also confirm this, using `1000` as the setting does not appear to have any effect on Homeworld minerals

Offline Mr Monnix

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2020, 08:13:03 PM »
Ver 1. 9
Fresh download of 1. 51 and 1. 9 updated to 1. 9
.  decimal separator
test world :TN start Known systems 1day igt

I tried to replicate the bugs for ground combat i experienced in the previous version using SM and setting up the same situation i was in; the fighters equipped with the pod bays work as intended but the same design with box launchers is still bugged doesn't have any option to perform planetary interactions even tho it is reported as eligible to do it in the design window.  easy to reproduce.

Minor UI Bug
I noticed that with the new features for the windows they don t update properly if left open
example:
open missile design window -> open research window->SM research autocannon pod->recall the missile window by the tactical map button and you will see that you don't have any option for it.  Closing and reopening the window will update it.
An easy fix would be include a refresh button in each Window.

Thanks for the new release ,it fixed a lot of bugs for me. 

Designs for testing  :
AMT Vinak - Copy 001  (Vinak - Copy class Ammunition Transport)      100 tons       6 Crew       37. 5 BP       TCS 2    TH 3    EM 0
1500 km/s      Armour 1-1       Shields 0-0       HTK 6      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 4
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 19%    IFR 0. 3%    1YR 0    5YR 6    Max Repair 5 MSP
Magazine 4   
Tecotequiua    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP0. 50 (6)    Power 3. 0    Fuel Use 1000%    Signature 0. 50    Explosion 10%
Fuel Capacity 1,000 Litres    Range 0. 2 billion km (33 hours at full power)

Size 4. 0 Box Launcher (1)     Missile Size: 4. 0    Hangar Reload 100 minutes    MF Reload 16 hours
Missile Fire Control FC11-R100 (1)     Range 11. 7m km    Resolution 100
Andromeda Fighter Autocannon Pod (1)    Armour Penetration: 2     Damage: 10     Shots: 3

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction

AMT Vinak 001  (Vinak class Ammunition Transport)      76 tons       6 Crew       38. 8 BP       TCS 2    TH 3    EM 0
1974 km/s      Armour 1-1       Shields 0-0       HTK 6      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 4
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 15%    IFR 0. 2%    1YR 0    5YR 5    Max Repair 5 MSP
Magazine 4   
Tecotequiua    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP0. 50 (6)    Power 3. 0    Fuel Use 1000%    Signature 0. 50    Explosion 10%
Fuel Capacity 1,000 Litres    Range 0. 2 billion km (33 hours at full power)

Size 4. 0 Fighter Pod Bay (1)     Pod Size: 4. 0    Hangar Reload 100 minutes    MF Reload 16 hours
Missile Fire Control FC11-R100 (1)     Range 11. 7m km    Resolution 100
Andromeda Fighter Autocannon Pod (1)    Armour Penetration: 2     Damage: 10     Shots: 3

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction