Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29996 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
Promotion of Naval Officer relieves him from academy commandant position.

Could be WAI of course, but I would not expect this.

No, I just hadn't thought about it :)

Fixed now.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Ironclad Mouse

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2020, 10:10:46 PM »
Version 1. 9. 3, I checked the misc.  tab to be sure
Non-real stars
". " decimal separator
Nonhuman, conventional start
Spacemaster created system
0 starting NPRs
In case it's relevant the only spoiler race I had turned on were the rahka
Not 100% sure what happened, I started a new game, advanced time, was about to go through the first jump point when I got a string of errors, I didn't think to remember the numbers but I think all, or most of them said "Object not set to an instance"
Afterwards it generated the system so I assumed all was well, there was a nice ruin on one of the worlds
I went about my business assuming it was just a random one off thing, but when I went to check the progress of the system survey I got a pop-up with just the name of the survey ship in the system, this also happened whenever I hit the refresh button on that system.  I have to assume it had something to do with the ruins, as I explored a second system that I don't believe had ruins and did not receive this string of errors
I had planned to attach the database in case it was useful but I can't seem to figure out how to do that
"Are you a man, or a mouse"
"Squeak"

Offline Ironclad Mouse

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2020, 10:37:43 PM »
Quote from: Ironclad Mouse link=topic=11173. msg130199#msg130199 date=1588475446
Version 1.  9.  3, I checked the misc.   tab to be sure
Non-real stars
".  " decimal separator
0 starting NPRs
Not 100% sure what happened, I started a new game, advanced time, was about to go through the first jump point when I got a string of errors, I didn't think to remember the numbers but I think all, or most of them said "Object not set to an instance"
Afterwards it generated the system so I assumed all was well, there was a nice ruin on one of the worlds
I went about my business assuming it was just a random one off thing, but when I went to check the progress of the system survey I got a pop-up with just the name of the survey ship in the system, this also happened whenever I hit the refresh button on that system.   I have to assume it had something to do with the ruins, as I explored a second system that I don't believe had ruins and did not receive this string of errors
I had planned to attach the database in case it was useful but I can't seem to figure out how to do that
Update: Closing and restarting seems to have resolved this, however it still seems odd it happened in the first place
The world the ruins are on is a frozen tundra world with about 95% hyrdosphere at around -60 degrees Celsius with a breathable nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere if any of that helps at all
"Are you a man, or a mouse"
"Squeak"

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2020, 11:08:37 PM »
Quote from: Ironclad Mouse link=topic=11173. msg130199#msg130199 date=1588475446
Version 1.  9.  3, I checked the misc.   tab to be sure
Non-real stars
".  " decimal separator
0 starting NPRs
I went about my business assuming it was just a random one off thing, but when I went to check the progress of the system survey I got a pop-up with just the name of the survey ship in the system, this also happened whenever I hit the refresh button on that system.   I have to assume it had something to do with the ruins, as I explored a second system that I don't believe had ruins and did not receive this string of errors
Update: Closing and restarting seems to have resolved this, however it still seems odd it happened in the first place
The world the ruins are on is a frozen tundra world with about 95% hyrdosphere at around -60 degrees Celsius with a breathable nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere if any of that helps at all

Many people seems to do not know how to attach database and such. With the new bug thread being created I will introduce the attachment procedure on the FAQ to facilitate the moderators job.

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2020, 11:39:29 PM »
Reposted as I forgot the attachment (thanks Froggiest)

The function number #1538

The complete error text The object reference not set to an instance of an object

The window affected Error is thrown at construction phase.     Doesn't matter what window is active

What you were doing at the time I believe it began when I ran out of fuel on my fleet after returning from an NPR fight.     Around the time I started a tugging route to get the stranded ships back to Sol

Conventional or TN start TN

Random or Real Stars Real

Is your decimal separator a comma? No, natively a period.   

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Hits on every construction interval.     Advance time to activate.     

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 40 years.     Started in year 0001.     

Other Information: I was playing 1.   9.   0 when this occurred.    Updated to 1.   9.   3 and still getting the error.    I am also getting a couple of errors related to ground combat, including a divide by zero error which seems to stop me from getting any more combat reports.     I'll make a new post with that info as soon as I recreate it.     

Offline Deoloth

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2020, 03:06:52 AM »
Function: 3040
Text: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.     
Custom Race in Custom System Game.   Triggering ruins not in home system or SM mode generated system. 

Not Real Stars.       TN Start.       Main window.       Error repeats several times with each interval it is triggered.     

I appear to be getting this every time a building is restored from a 'Deserted Intact Colony' I have three formations working on.  Error is not happening when only recovering minerals. 

I have not entered any numbers with a decimal.     

This game was started with 1.   9.   3.     Ruins were found and not generated by SM mode.   
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:10:05 AM by Deoloth »

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2020, 03:14:27 AM »
A couple of times I have had this weird problem ( bug ? )  :-

I have a GEV vessel with the correct Military Jump Drive surveying a system . I then order the ship to transit a Jump point . I get the following  event and a pause in time ,   " Transit Failure  - GEV xxxxx  cannot carry out a transit as there is no available jump drive capable of allowing the fleets military engined ships to enter the jump point ".

The weird thing is that if i click a further 5 days time period the vessel then commences the transit,

A DB entry with the message is attached.

DavidR
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:16:48 AM by davidr »

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2020, 03:34:40 AM »
Further to my previous post , just got the same problem with another GSV vessel which will not transit a Jump point. DB attached.

Could renaming Systems cause this problem as I have renamed the system in which the vessel is currently residing and also the system to which it wants to jump.

DavidR

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2020, 03:38:38 AM »
A couple of times I have had this weird problem ( bug ? )  :-

I have a GEV vessel with the correct Military Jump Drive surveying a system . I then order the ship to transit a Jump point . I get the following  event and a pause in time ,   " Transit Failure  - GEV xxxxx  cannot carry out a transit as there is no available jump drive capable of allowing the fleets military engined ships to enter the jump point ".

The weird thing is that if i click a further 5 days time period the vessel then commences the transit,

A DB entry with the message is attached.

DavidR

This is most likely because jump drive requires some time to recharge before it can be used again.

The following users thanked this post: davidr

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2020, 03:41:01 AM »
This might unfortunately be more of a QoL type of thing but I report it here in case it is not...

The complete problem description: When you change the speed of a fleet through the "Set Speed" button and you have the "Fleet" tab open the speed of the fleet is not updated when you press "Ok" on the modal dialog box. I suppose this should be happening.
The window affected: Naval Fleet Organisation Window
What you were doing at the time: Updating the speed of the fleet
Start type: Default start
Is your decimal separator a comma? "."
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Can be reproduced.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2020, 03:45:39 AM »
Black ,

Thanks - that would explain the message I have just received for the 2nd GSV Vessel which popped into an unexplored system and then attempted to exit ( 1 - 5 day click to enter , another 5 day click to attempt to exit , another 5 day click to actually exit )

However I cannot recall if in my first instance the GSV had finished surveying and then attempted to exit or had simply entered and then tried to exit.

In any case your explanation probably solved my issue.

Thanks

DavidR

Offline smoelf

• Commander
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2020, 04:00:55 AM »
The 'Population Density' (PD) modifier does not properly register decimals in 'Create Race' from 'System View'. I have made sure to change my settings to use a period as decimal separator and comma as thousands separator.

If I create a new race and type '0.5' as PD, it registers as 0.00. If I type '1.3' it registers as 1.00 and if '2.4' then 2.00 and so on.

If I create the race and then go to 'Race Information' I am perfectly capable of setting the PD as I please and it functions just right. It is only in the 'Create Race' window from 'System View'. It works just fine when creating a race a game start.

The window affected: Create Race in System View
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Day one of campaign.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2020, 04:25:12 AM »
v1.9.3
In "Commanders" Window, commander filters on the bottom right for Civilian Administrators have Admin Rating drop downs that go up to 8. However, somehow, I managed to have an administrator of Admin Rating 9. As a result, he is completely invisible in the list of commanders there.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2020, 04:27:51 AM »
The 'Population Density' (PD) modifier does not properly register decimals in 'Create Race' from 'System View'. I have made sure to change my settings to use a period as decimal separator and comma as thousands separator.

If I create a new race and type '0.5' as PD, it registers as 0.00. If I type '1.3' it registers as 1.00 and if '2.4' then 2.00 and so on.

If I create the race and then go to 'Race Information' I am perfectly capable of setting the PD as I please and it functions just right. It is only in the 'Create Race' window from 'System View'. It works just fine when creating a race a game start.

The window affected: Create Race in System View
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Day one of campaign.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2020, 04:30:58 AM »
v1.9.3
In "Commanders" Window, commander filters on the bottom right for Civilian Administrators have Admin Rating drop downs that go up to 8. However, somehow, I managed to have an administrator of Admin Rating 9. As a result, he is completely invisible in the list of commanders there.

Fixed. Ranks now up to 10, which is max for admin rating.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit