Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 22448 times)

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2020, 04:55:43 PM »
Nori - I've confirmed this and will add it to the confirmed list.

The function number- 2044, 2043 and then 2609
The complete error text-null error
The window affected-missile design
Conventional or TN start - NA
Random or Real Stars - NA
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Reproducible

Loading a previous buoy design will works fine unlike previous versions, but unchecking no engine generates errors. More errors when you check it again.

------

Other bug, a missile launcher affected to a MFC will disapear from the ship combat view if you remove the MFC in the class design as SM. The only way to make it reappear is to use the auto-assign button
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:04:25 PM by Nori »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
In a new system I discovered some asteroids were generated inside the star.
While technically a bug, that is awesome.  If they are usable then count me as a vote for keeping that one. :)

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2020, 06:01:40 PM »
SpaceMarine - I have confirmed this as a bug and it has been moved

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:V.19.4
The function number N/A
The complete error text  N/A
The window affected  Ground Forces
What you were doing at the time Organizing Ground Forces
Conventional or TN start TN Start
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 1.5 years

ground forces formations do not respect template rank, easy to repeat instant build a light artillery or mortar battalion and the template states LTC for C.O and the unit that is built requires a MAJ instead. see attached DB
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:31:18 AM by SpaceMarine »
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:V.19.4
The function number N/A
The complete error text  N/A
The window affected  Ground Forces
What you were doing at the time Organizing Ground Forces
Conventional or TN start TN Start
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 1.5 years

ground forces formations do not respect template rank, easy to repeat instant build a light artillery or mortar battalion and the template states LTC for C.O and the unit that is built requires a MAJ instead. see attached DB

Thank you for the properly formatted report, I have confirmed this bug and I will be moving it to the confirmed thread, thank you for reporting it, have a nice day!

Offline Ardis

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2020, 06:50:34 PM »
~Nori: Not a bug. The first number is the amount of guns you have installed, the second is the number of shots the railgun does. It is always 4 because it always shoots 4. If you want to see the damage the gun does, click the show bands checkbox on the right.

Version - 1.9.4
Function number - none
Complete error text - none
Window affected - Class design/Ship overview
What you were doing at the time - Designing a railgun.

Railgun damage seems to be displayed incorrectly in the class design and ship overview windows. Regardless of the calibre, it's always shown as 1x4. It's only these two windows, though, the weapon itself works properly when used.

Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? - no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - reproduced multiple times, including a freshly downloaded Aurora
Is this a long campaign - less than 50 years
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:04:13 PM by Nori »

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »
Version 1.9.4
Function Number 1531
Error Text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

My last active geosurvey ship in the system was just unable to fill out it's standing orders of "geosurvey 5 bodies". There were still bodies in the system but they were too far away. I had two other geosurvey ships that just stopped because there were no other bodies close enough that weren't already claimed, but they did not trigger an error.

TN Start
Real Stars
period decimal separator

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2020, 08:47:53 PM »
Was gonna say what Garfunkel said. I thought that might be the issue as it will just reset if you don't use default fleet.

1.  Civilian colony ships do not respect max body population.  Will cause overcrowding if you don't manually set to source or stable.
2.  Orbital Habitats will likewise continue to grow even when max pop+hab capacity<pop, causing overcrowding.
3.  Civilian fleets show up in instant build drop-down for ship classes.

The function number-N/A
The complete error text-N/A
The window affected-N/A
What you were doing at the time - Testing population and civilian trading mechanics.  LG infrastructure is now traded, yay!
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - 1,000.00
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - less than 75
As far as I'm aware this is WAI. They will respect your wishes if you go to the Economics-Civilian Economy tab and put the colony as Stable.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  These are three separate issues. 
1.  Civilian shipping ignoring max body pop may be WAI, requiring you to manually turn off colonist transfer.  Can catch people by surprise when overcrowding penalties start to accrue.  Might cause confusion with the two separate sources of overcrowding (infra and max pop)
2.  Separately from the above, natural population growth in a colony with orbital habitats will cause overcrowding.
3.   Completely separate thing that I noticed when spawning in the Orbital Hab, Civilian fleets show up in instant build drop-down for ship classes.

While I have seen some talk about whether 1 is WAI, what about 2 and 3?  The orbital habitat issue could easily cripple a colony on a small body with overcrowding with no means to deal with it short of spamming police or finding a way to sink the extra colonist growth.  3 is a minor issue but is presumably a bug.

Just tested the effect of orbital habitats continuing to grow population when full and cause overcrowding on the surface.  This will rapidly cripple any colony with a full orbital habitat over a small boy (i.e. Phobos) as the garrison strength required to prevent the resulting unrest from overcrowding grows with the square of surface pop/body capacity with no apparent upper limit.  Since small bodies are otherwise attractive locations for orbital habitats, this seems like a nasty downside to orbital habitats.  It seems that they should not overfill the surface.

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2020, 09:01:27 PM »
After a forum search and having looked at the known issues i did not find anything related to this, so i'm posting as a new bug. 

The function number - None
The complete error text - None
The window affected - System View (specifically the Mineral tab)
What you were doing at the time - Geo Survey of Sol
Random or Real Stars - Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No.   Decimal Separator is ".  "
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easy.   See Below
If this is a long campaign - Less then 1 year

When surveying system bodies with minerals the Mineral Tab in the System View would not update with new entries. 
There were event messages for new Body With Minerals discovered and the Mineral Overview screen would also be correct (you could search and the body would be there)

Saving and restarting would cause the Mineral Tab to now display correct info, but if you continued surveying the newly surveyed locations would not show up again. 

In the following image you can see the event for minerals discovered on C/2017 K2, but the mineral tab does not show an entry for that system body

https://i.  imgur.  com/dwtcXH0.  png

After a game reload and without advancing time the entry is now in the Mineral Tab

https://i.  imgur.  com/LAcpIeu.  png

Advancing time again until a new mineral discovery shows minerals on Chernykh with an appropriate entry on the Mineral Report Window, but again there is no entry on the Mineral Tab of System View

https://i.  imgur.  com/u0wDL2U.  png

Offline Ironclad Mouse

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2020, 09:10:11 PM »
After a forum search and having looked at the known issues i did not find anything related to this, so i'm posting as a new bug. 

The function number - None
The complete error text - None
The window affected - System View (specifically the Mineral tab)
What you were doing at the time - Geo Survey of Sol
Random or Real Stars - Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No.   Decimal Separator is ".  "
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easy.   See Below
If this is a long campaign - Less then 1 year

When surveying system bodies with minerals the Mineral Tab in the System View would not update with new entries. 
There were event messages for new Body With Minerals discovered and the Mineral Overview screen would also be correct (you could search and the body would be there)

Saving and restarting would cause the Mineral Tab to now display correct info, but if you continued surveying the newly surveyed locations would not show up again. 

In the following image you can see the event for minerals discovered on C/2017 K2, but the mineral tab does not show an entry for that system body

https://i.  imgur.  com/dwtcXH0.  png

After a game reload and without advancing time the entry is now in the Mineral Tab

https://i.  imgur.  com/LAcpIeu.  png

Advancing time again until a new mineral discovery shows minerals on Chernykh with an appropriate entry on the Mineral Report Window, but again there is no entry on the Mineral Tab of System View

https://i.  imgur.  com/u0wDL2U.  png
You don't have to close and relaunch the game, just hit the refresh button
"Are you a man, or a mouse"
"Squeak"

The following users thanked this post: BritoO

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2020, 09:17:54 PM »
Quote from: Ironclad Mouse
You don't have to close and relaunch the game, just hit the refresh button

Cool, thanks.

I'll be honest that this is my first game I the C# version of Aurora and i still get some stuff mixed up or forgotten with the VB6 version.
Did not even think of the refresh button.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2020, 10:19:51 PM »
While technically a bug, that is awesome.  If they are usable then count me as a vote for keeping that one. :)

In VB, these would cause a division by zero error every time orbital motion was calculated.
I don't know if that's still the case in C#.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2020, 10:26:53 PM »
Version 1.9.4
Function Number 1531
Error Text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

My last active geosurvey ship in the system was just unable to fill out it's standing orders of "geosurvey 5 bodies". There were still bodies in the system but they were too far away. I had two other geosurvey ships that just stopped because there were no other bodies close enough that weren't already claimed, but they did not trigger an error.

TN Start
Real Stars
period decimal separator
Would you be able to supply the DB?

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2020, 10:28:18 PM »
Was gonna say what Garfunkel said. I thought that might be the issue as it will just reset if you don't use default fleet.

1.  Civilian colony ships do not respect max body population.  Will cause overcrowding if you don't manually set to source or stable.
2.  Orbital Habitats will likewise continue to grow even when max pop+hab capacity<pop, causing overcrowding.
3.  Civilian fleets show up in instant build drop-down for ship classes.

The function number-N/A
The complete error text-N/A
The window affected-N/A
What you were doing at the time - Testing population and civilian trading mechanics.  LG infrastructure is now traded, yay!
Is your decimal separator a comma? - 1,000.00
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - less than 75
As far as I'm aware this is WAI. They will respect your wishes if you go to the Economics-Civilian Economy tab and put the colony as Stable.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  These are three separate issues. 
1.  Civilian shipping ignoring max body pop may be WAI, requiring you to manually turn off colonist transfer.  Can catch people by surprise when overcrowding penalties start to accrue.  Might cause confusion with the two separate sources of overcrowding (infra and max pop)
2.  Separately from the above, natural population growth in a colony with orbital habitats will cause overcrowding.
3.   Completely separate thing that I noticed when spawning in the Orbital Hab, Civilian fleets show up in instant build drop-down for ship classes.

While I have seen some talk about whether 1 is WAI, what about 2 and 3?  The orbital habitat issue could easily cripple a colony on a small body with overcrowding with no means to deal with it short of spamming police or finding a way to sink the extra colonist growth.  3 is a minor issue but is presumably a bug.

Just tested the effect of orbital habitats continuing to grow population when full and cause overcrowding on the surface.  This will rapidly cripple any colony with a full orbital habitat over a small boy (i.e. Phobos) as the garrison strength required to prevent the resulting unrest from overcrowding grows with the square of surface pop/body capacity with no apparent upper limit.  Since small bodies are otherwise attractive locations for orbital habitats, this seems like a nasty downside to orbital habitats.  It seems that they should not overfill the surface.
I'll post and ask about this as it does seem wrong.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2020, 10:35:16 PM »
Did this cause any errors or are you asking if this is expected behavior?

Additionally, a DB would be helpful and if you could please format your post per the following template:

The function number-
The complete error text-
The window affected-
Conventional or TN start -
Random or Real Stars -
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?

Offline shanedday

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • s
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2020, 12:25:09 AM »
Hi, a one salvager related bugs possibly and one suggestion. .  v 1. 9. 4

The function number - none
The complete error text - none
The window affected - event window
What you were doing at the time - salvaging in a fleet, three salvager ships, medals setup to award as per the salvaging limits.
Conventional or TN start - TN start
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Y
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 2106 current year, not sure when it started.

Description - salvager ship commanders do not seem to recieve the salvaging medals when salvaging in a fleet, when seperated into individual units in fleets, the awards worked ok.  The other item, not sure if it is WAI. .  when the salvagers cargo hold is full it does not stop salvaging or provide a event, the event displays wreck salvaged, but no minerals or components are displayed.  Could we get the salvager to stop or add in a secondary standing order, possibly conditional?