Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 22231 times)

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2020, 01:40:51 AM »
System generation appears to be wonky. I've set up a new game with those settings:
New game
non-real stars
maximum number of stars set to 10
no NPRs

I've entered SM mode and begun exploring the jump points. I've got up to twenty three systems before the game crashed for some reason, despite the fact there were supposed to be only ten stars. In addition no connections between known star systems have been created.

Offline NightlinerSGS

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2020, 03:02:05 AM »
The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time Nothing, this is immediatly after new game generation
Conventional or TN start Both
Random or Real Stars Both
Is your decimal separator a comma? Dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Super Easy.  :)

TLDR: Jupiter always has a LP, even if there is no second LP in the system.

As per the C# changes list (hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg109206#msg109206), Jupiter should only generate a LP if Minerva (Planet X option) is present and a Super Jovian.
In my current game I noticed Jupiter has a LP despite Minerva being a terrestial planet.
I tried generating more games with Minerva, but only got to 3 attempts in all of which Minerva was a Super Jovian with corrosponding LP.
On attempt 4 I forgot to check the Planet X option. 
Jupiter had a LP regardless.
Further testing with different options (TN, Non-TN, Real Stars on/off) shows that Jupiter always spawns with an LP, even if there is no second LP in the system.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2020, 03:33:16 AM »
The function number N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start :TN
Random or Real Stars : real start
Is your decimal separator a comma? comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? no idea but it should be

not exactly a bug - rather issue needing some attention (ver 1.94)
npr landed on my listining post planet
I reacted with fleet , destroyed enemy TF , thinned their land forces and parked over planet waiting for troop transport ( I wanted to test my units vs new enemy)
moment later my defensless tracking station is captured by enemy land forces and FLEET SURRENDERS to NPR !!!!!
no combat damage , was 5 days off my home base so morale should be maxed
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:35:24 AM by sneer »

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2020, 03:37:28 AM »
The function number N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time Nothing, this is immediatly after new game generation
Conventional or TN start Both
Random or Real Stars Both
Is your decimal separator a comma? Dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Super Easy.  :)

TLDR: Jupiter always has a LP, even if there is no second LP in the system.

As per the C# changes list (hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg109206#msg109206), Jupiter should only generate a LP if Minerva (Planet X option) is present and a Super Jovian.
In my current game I noticed Jupiter has a LP despite Minerva being a terrestial planet.
I tried generating more games with Minerva, but only got to 3 attempts in all of which Minerva was a Super Jovian with corrosponding LP.
On attempt 4 I forgot to check the Planet X option. 
Jupiter had a LP regardless.
Further testing with different options (TN, Non-TN, Real Stars on/off) shows that Jupiter always spawns with an LP, even if there is no second LP in the system.

I am 99% sure this is WAI, could you please post the link fully as I cannot use it to find the post you describe, but I do distinctly remember reading Jupiter would always have a Lagrange point due to its mass, further information would be appreciated

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2020, 03:38:20 AM »
The function number N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time
Is your decimal separator a comma? comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? no idea but it should be

not exactly a bug - rather issue needing some attention (ver 1.94)
npr landed on my listining post planet
I reacted with fleet , destroyed enemy TF , thinned their land forces and parked over planet waiting for troop transport ( I wanted to test my units vs new enemy)
moment later my defensless tracking station is captured by enemy land forces and FLEET SURRENDERS to NPR !!!!!
no combat damage , was 5 days off my home base so morale should be maxed

If you could please provide a DB so its easier for us to confirm and for steve to look through, thank you for the properly formatted report.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2020, 03:39:11 AM »
System generation appears to be wonky. I've set up a new game with those settings:
New game
non-real stars
maximum number of stars set to 10
no NPRs

I've entered SM mode and begun exploring the jump points. I've got up to twenty three systems before the game crashed for some reason, despite the fact there were supposed to be only ten stars. In addition no connections between known star systems have been created.

Can you please provide a DB and if not please try to reproduce the issue and ensure you have set the settings properly.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2020, 03:41:16 AM »
Hi, a one salvager related bugs possibly and one suggestion. .  v 1. 9. 4

The function number - none
The complete error text - none
The window affected - event window
What you were doing at the time - salvaging in a fleet, three salvager ships, medals setup to award as per the salvaging limits.
Conventional or TN start - TN start
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Y
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 2106 current year, not sure when it started.

Description - salvager ship commanders do not seem to recieve the salvaging medals when salvaging in a fleet, when seperated into individual units in fleets, the awards worked ok.  The other item, not sure if it is WAI. .  when the salvagers cargo hold is full it does not stop salvaging or provide a event, the event displays wreck salvaged, but no minerals or components are displayed.  Could we get the salvager to stop or add in a secondary standing order, possibly conditional?

If the Y = Yes your decimal separator is a comma then please head over here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11139.0 , having it set this way can cause a multitude of issues involving display bugs etc. Once you have done so please attempt to reproduce the bug and then edit your post accordingly

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2020, 04:04:00 AM »
Can you please provide a DB and if not please try to reproduce the issue and ensure you have set the settings properly.

Games "bug test" and "bug test 2". Both of them were set to 10 systems of non-real stars before I begun exploring both have over 20 systems and neither of them has any loops. In bug test 2 there are two systems with 2 sets of jump points linking them, but that is a known bug that has been reported numerous times. I do think now however that when the game is trying to set up loops it just sets the connection back to one of the systems the star is already connecting to. Anyway there shouldn't be more than ten systems if I understand the setup correctly.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2020, 04:07:19 AM »

Games "bug test" and "bug test 2". Both of them were set to 10 systems of non-real stars before I begun exploring both have over 20 systems and neither of them has any loops. In bug test 2 there are two systems with 2 sets of jump points linking them, but that is a known bug that has been reported numerous times. I do think now however that when the game is trying to set up loops it just sets the connection back to one of the systems the star is already connecting to. Anyway there shouldn't be more than ten systems if I understand the setup correctly.

Thank you for the DB, I can confirm this is some kind of bug, will be moved to confirmed

The following users thanked this post: Haji

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2020, 04:14:21 AM »
CIWS will not fire at incoming missiles if you dont have active sensor on. Feels like it just doesn't "sees" missiles.

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2020, 04:16:49 AM »
This bug was mentioned as an off-topic part of my massive ground combat bug report, but I figured I would repost an update, since it's affecting more and more planets now.

The function number N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time: normal gameplay
Is your decimal separator a comma? natively a period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Ongoing.

Details:

Every 6 months, the NPR I discovered places colonies on multiple bodies I control and have occupied with ground forces. These bodies immediately are conquered, and start cluttering up my summary screen. I can manually delete them, but it's getting pretty frustrating as it's multiple deletions every 6 months, and if I ignore them I get unrest clutter in my events.

The next spawn of colonies should be ~June 16th, approximately a month from the save.

I tried to set a demand with threat leave order in diplomacy, hoping that it would signal to the NPR to stop trying to build colonies there, but it didn't work. I also attempted to SM in an alliance so I could see where they're left (since I captured the homeworld) to then eradicate them to stop getting these messages, but SM diplo points and NPRs is one-sided.

Database is attached. Same game as the ground forces error report.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2020, 04:21:40 AM »
This bug was mentioned as an off-topic part of my massive ground combat bug report, but I figured I would repost an update, since it's affecting more and more planets now.

The function number N/A
The window affected N/A
What you were doing at the time: normal gameplay
Is your decimal separator a comma? natively a period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Ongoing.

Details:

Every 6 months, the NPR I discovered places colonies on multiple bodies I control and have occupied with ground forces. These bodies immediately are conquered, and start cluttering up my summary screen. I can manually delete them, but it's getting pretty frustrating as it's multiple deletions every 6 months, and if I ignore them I get unrest clutter in my events.

The next spawn of colonies should be ~June 16th, approximately a month from the save.

I tried to set a demand with threat leave order in diplomacy, hoping that it would signal to the NPR to stop trying to build colonies there, but it didn't work. I also attempted to SM in an alliance so I could see where they're left (since I captured the homeworld) to then eradicate them to stop getting these messages, but SM diplo points and NPRs is one-sided.

Database is attached. Same game as the ground forces error report.

This bug has already been confirmed and reported, though I do not believe steve has gotten round to fix it just yet but he knows about it, thank you for the information though it will be passed along

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2020, 04:25:47 AM »
These are 2 bugs both related to shipyards:

The function number: #2097
The complete error text: 1.9.4. Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: Main Window, but also Economy/shipyards
What you were doing at the time: I have two classes (Defiant class and Defiant Mk2 class) that for some strange reason have a refit cost of 0. This is the cause of the bug. When I tried to refit a Defiant class to Defiant 2, it threw the above mentioned error and deleted the shipyard tasks list. Now my save is corrupted (I get an error every construction phase) and I need to go back to a backup. Lesson: Don't try stupid things without saving first.
Conventional or TN start: C
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: unknown, I never had 2 classes with a refit cost of zero before. I have not tried to reproduce, but the class designs are in the DB.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 47 years

Additional Info: The only difference between Defiant and Defiant 2 are the 2 upgraded Gauss turrets, 1 upgraded Beam fire control and some fighter fuel storage to bring the tonnage in line. I noticed after the bug happened that they do have the exact same number of build points. This might be why they have a refit cost of zero. Even if the build points are exactly the same, the refit and retool cost should not be zero, as it still takes work to upgrade those components. Also, I'm not even sure why the build points are the same, as the new Fire control costs almost twice as much as the old one.

An additional weird bug: I have some other cruiser variants, namely the Intrepid Strike Cruiser and the Ajax Command Cruiser. A shipyard tooled for the Defiant can build the Ajax and the Intrepid as their build points were apparently similar. All these classes have 2 Gauss turrets and 1 beam fire control for the turrets. I designed a Ajax 2 and Intrepid 2 with the same exact upgrades as the Defiant class (only change gauss turrets, Beam FC, fighter fuel storage). Now, the shipyard tooled for the Defiant 2 class cannot build Intrepid 2 or Ajax 2 classes, but they can build Ajax 1 and Intrepid 1 classes , even though the components difference between Defiant 2 and Ajax 2 is smaller than between Defiant 2 and Ajax 1. This is very confusing, but might be related to the first bug.

DB is attached, game is Cosinusgame

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2020, 04:30:11 AM »
These are 2 bugs both related to shipyards:

The function number: #2097
The complete error text: 1.9.4. Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: Main Window, but also Economy/shipyards
What you were doing at the time: I have two classes (Defiant class and Defiant Mk2 class) that for some strange reason have a refit cost of 0. This is the cause of the bug. When I tried to refit a Defiant class to Defiant 2, it threw the above mentioned error and deleted the shipyard tasks list. Now my save is corrupted (I get an error every construction phase) and I need to go back to a backup. Lesson: Don't try stupid things without saving first.
Conventional or TN start: C
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: unknown, I never had 2 classes with a refit cost of zero before. I have not tried to reproduce, but the class designs are in the DB.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 47 years

Additional Info: The only difference between Defiant and Defiant 2 are the 2 upgraded Gauss turrets, 1 upgraded Beam fire control and some fighter fuel storage to bring the tonnage in line. I noticed after the bug happened that they do have the exact same number of build points. This might be why they have a refit cost of zero. Even if the build points are exactly the same, the refit and retool cost should not be zero, as it still takes work to upgrade those components. Also, I'm not even sure why the build points are the same, as the new Fire control costs almost twice as much as the old one.

An additional weird bug: I have some other cruiser variants, namely the Intrepid Strike Cruiser and the Ajax Command Cruiser. A shipyard tooled for the Defiant can build the Ajax and the Intrepid as their build points were apparently similar. All these classes have 2 Gauss turrets and 1 beam fire control for the turrets. I designed a Ajax 2 and Intrepid 2 with the same exact upgrades as the Defiant class (only change gauss turrets, Beam FC, fighter fuel storage). Now, the shipyard tooled for the Defiant 2 class cannot build Intrepid 2 or Ajax 2 classes, but they can build Ajax 1 and Intrepid 1 classes , even though the components difference between Defiant 2 and Ajax 2 is smaller than between Defiant 2 and Ajax 1. This is very confusing, but might be related to the first bug.

DB is attached, game is Cosinusgame

I have been able to confirm this bug once looking through the DB, this will be passed onto the confirmed bugs thread, thank you for properly formatting and reporting your bug!

Offline NightlinerSGS

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2020, 04:36:44 AM »
- snip -

I am 99% sure this is WAI, could you please post the link fully as I cannot use it to find the post you describe, but I do distinctly remember reading Jupiter would always have a Lagrange point due to its mass, further information would be appreciated

That is the full link, just the anti-spam obfuscation at work. But since that was in fact my tenth post, I should be able to post proper links now. :)

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg109206#msg109206

The planet will be located at a distance between 125% and 225% of the orbit of the most distant dwarf planet. 10% of the time it will be a terrestrial body, 60% a gas giant and 30% a superjovian. Moons, Trojan asteroids and a Lagrange point may also be generated depending on the type of planet generated. If Planet X has a Lagrange point, a Lagrange point will also be generated for Jupiter. While very distant from the inner system, this could add an interesting variation to the Sol system.

Also, I haven't found any LP's so far in systems with only one Super-Jovian. They should only occur in systems with 2 or more Super-Jovians, but I can't make sure of that right now since I'm still stuck in Sol in my current game. About to leave though, so I can check soon™.

On a related note, a way to easier tell normal Gas Giants and Super-Jovians apart would be nice, they're all labeled "Planet - Gas Giant" in the System Display.

And btw, VB6 behaviour was like this as well: either there are at least two LP's, or none at all. http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Lagrange_Point