Author Topic: 1.10.0 Changes Discussion  (Read 15960 times)

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
Re: 1.10.0 Changes Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2020, 05:34:44 AM »
Yeah, that could also be a really cool idea. Or maybe really go the planet method, and make it an installation, scaling range like deep space sensors. But of course that planet would become the primary target of everything coming out.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
Steve mentioned PDCs in new abbrevations thread and they are there when you are choosing class in design window. They can't be build through Industry and they accept engines as well eventhough Steve says they sit on the surface of the planet. Are those in the works or do I miss something?

Offline the obelisk

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »
Steve mentioned PDCs in new abbrevations thread and they are there when you are choosing class in design window. They can't be build through Industry and they accept engines as well eventhough Steve says they sit on the surface of the planet. Are those in the works or do I miss something?
They were in VB but got removed, I'd be surprised if they were suddenly being added back in.  Can you link to the post you're talking about?

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »
Sorry, completely my bad as I didn't pay attention to dates. I thought it's a new list for C#.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=1863.0

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
Sorry, completely my bad as I didn't pay attention to dates. I thought it's a new list for C#.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=1863.0

Yea thats 2010 hahha, PDCs are probably never getting added back for various reasons, mainly that they make no sense for the current ground forces system.

The following users thanked this post: consiefe

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2020, 10:15:07 AM »
The message "maintenance problem" displays how far the maintenance clock of the ship is; a nice addon would be if it displayed also the maximum clock of that ship like "5.1 of 8.6 years".

The maintenance life isn't fixed. It is just an estimate of how long the MSP will last given average failures. The message does include how many MSP remain.
Rated life is fixed and knowing what fraction of that has expired matters when you are responding to failures.  A failure on a 4 year old ship that is rated for 20 years maintenance life might not even be worth resupplying yet, but one only rated for 5 years needs to be brought in for overhaul.

It depends on the MSP situation. If the 4 year old ship is low on MSP then it needs to be resupplied / overhauled, regardless of theoretical maintenance life and if is still has most of the MSP it is fine for a while regardless of theoretical maintenance life. Adding a maint life number could be potentially misleading, especially for new players ("my ship exploded but the event said it had 2 years left").
For a long range ship it can mean the difference between meeting with a supply tender vs aborting the mission and returning all the way to the docks.  Currently we need to look up the class design sheet to decide.  I do concede the newbie problem.  I've been playing for years and still get caught sometimes.  :)

I have added Average Class Maint Life and % of Deployment to component failure reports.

The following users thanked this post: Zincat, SpikeTheHobbitMage, TMaekler, UberWaffe, skoormit

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »
Hi Steve,

Medals condition for CSV file. There are currently 52 IDs of the actual 60 IDs entries in the medal conditions tab.

Missing IDs:
  • 3 Aliens Ruin Discovered
  • 25 Recovered Abandoned installations
  • 250 Recovered Abandoned installations
  • Discover 25 New Star Systems
  • Discover 100 New Star Systems
  • Destroy 100,000 tons of Hostile Ground Forces
  • Generate 25,000 research points
  • Generate 250,000 research points

Can you please advise?

Not sure what you mean. I can see all the above in the medal conditions tab.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »
I'm not gong to make any changes to the current rift system until I see some play test reports. So far my own campaign hasn't got moving due to real life distractions, so I might release 1.10 in a few days as a 'beta' release and let players test it instead.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, consiefe, stabliser, UberWaffe, Azuraal

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
I'm not gong to make any changes to the current rift system until I see some play test reports. So far my own campaign hasn't got moving due to real life distractions, so I might release 1.10 in a few days as a 'beta' release and let players test it instead.

Yes...yes, indeed. Do this!  8)

Offline Geezer

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »
^ Agree!   :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
Hi Steve,

Medals condition for CSV file. There are currently 52 IDs of the actual 60 IDs entries in the medal conditions tab.

Missing IDs:
  • 3 Aliens Ruin Discovered
  • 25 Recovered Abandoned installations
  • 250 Recovered Abandoned installations
  • Discover 25 New Star Systems
  • Discover 100 New Star Systems
  • Destroy 100,000 tons of Hostile Ground Forces
  • Generate 25,000 research points
  • Generate 250,000 research points

Can you please advise?

Not sure what you mean. I can see all the above in the medal conditions tab.

Somebody sorted for me looking at the database. I was referring to the number to add the condition in CSV file. In your post there 52 conditions listed of the 60 total available.

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2020, 06:14:05 AM »

It makes since not to change anything until you get a look at how it plays normally. Hopefully we can provide useful feedback soon.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »
Will the invaders have any ground forces? this could lead to many interesting developments...
(Cadia Intensifies)
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
automated overhauls
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2020, 08:47:58 AM »
Right now you can't use the conditional order to overhaul in any useful way, if you set it to, <20% supply -> Overhaul , it just infanetelly loops because overhauling doesn't resupply the ship

I would really appreciate either:

1: Overhauls resupply the ship (makes a ton of sense thematically and from a game POV)

2: A conditional order to "Resupply and overhaul"

This would REALLY, REALLY help with the survey ship micro!

The following users thanked this post: Thrake, Scud, skoormit

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »
I had a heart attack looking at your test game that came with 1.10, Steve, you know that? I thought I was really, really bad at this game for a bit.

Then I looked at the events log in more detail and realized that you had automatically explored a few star systems, created a few fleets, and researched some tech in advance. I felt better after that.