Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 368997 times)

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2355 on: December 25, 2021, 10:34:08 AM »
Maybe just change the systemID for those fleets and send them all to an arena system where they can duke it out?
That is a good idea. Come to think of it I could send every problem fleet to it's homeworld. I know from futzing around with a couple changed to not be NPRs that most of those fleets are out of fuel and either trying to get home or flee to unexplored space because they belong to an empire that got very defeated in a war such that they only have their homeworld remaining and scattered defenses over 3 systems with enemy fleets running around the entirety of their current and former territory.

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #2356 on: December 26, 2021, 08:58:36 PM »
Thank you for your help. I'm going to start a new game with the same settings and hope for better luck. Moving the fleets to their capitals fixed the 2 hour time increments but introduced a null reference every 5 days (or every time increment, whichever was less) implying something in a construction tick is screwed up. After a lot of futzing I found that there is one troop transport fleet I can move by itself to fix the 2 hour increments, but even just moving the one fleet within the system caused the null reference on construction tick, thus implying I have seriously broken something else in the database and that behavior can be replicated all the way back to my oldest database backup.

I am very tempted to write myself a tool to monitor the FleetHistory table for a fleet jumping back and forth 3 times in 12 hours and alert me. But I am not sure if that would break the rule against modding.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #2357 on: December 26, 2021, 09:41:05 PM »
Thank you for your help. I'm going to start a new game with the same settings and hope for better luck. Moving the fleets to their capitals fixed the 2 hour time increments but introduced a null reference every 5 days (or every time increment, whichever was less) implying something in a construction tick is screwed up. After a lot of futzing I found that there is one troop transport fleet I can move by itself to fix the 2 hour increments, but even just moving the one fleet within the system caused the null reference on construction tick, thus implying I have seriously broken something else in the database and that behavior can be replicated all the way back to my oldest database backup.

I am very tempted to write myself a tool to monitor the FleetHistory table for a fleet jumping back and forth 3 times in 12 hours and alert me. But I am not sure if that would break the rule against modding.

If you only use it on your own DB and don't report bugs then you should be fine.
If you want to share it, check with Steve first. I think the general criteria is that a tool which only reads the DB is fine, but if it encourages more people to edit the DB he might object.

Offline Felius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #2358 on: December 28, 2021, 03:09:19 AM »
Haven't played in a long while, so probably missing the obvious here and there, but a couple questions:

Any way to disable "night mode", that is, get the screens to stop being dark with light text and go back to white backgrounds with black text?

Any quicker way of giving all techs under "x" cost with Space Master mode? I vaguely recall it was possible in the VB version, but only seem to be able to do tech by tech in C#.

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2359 on: December 28, 2021, 05:51:34 AM »
I was thinking about using High Powered Microwave only to break shields.
Wiki tells, that HPM deals 3 times more damage to shields, but I don't understand how to get base damage.
Can anyone tell me, how to calculate/ where is shown HPM base damage?

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #2360 on: December 28, 2021, 06:44:38 AM »
HPMs base damage is always 1.

The following users thanked this post: Voltbot

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #2361 on: December 28, 2021, 05:21:55 PM »
Any way to disable "night mode", that is, get the screens to stop being dark with light text and go back to white backgrounds with black text?
The only thing you can do is go to the approved mods section and have a look for something there.
If you can't find one there, I assume you could make your own if you are willing to put the time and effort in.

Any quicker way of giving all techs under "x" cost with Space Master mode? I vaguely recall it was possible in the VB version, but only seem to be able to do tech by tech in C#.
Unfortunately this feature hasn't been added to C#, you'll have to do each tech individually.

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2362 on: December 29, 2021, 09:02:53 AM »
Is it possible to add additional system/ship/officer naming themes? Was curious if there were text or CSV files out there that could be grabbed and added to expand the possible themes to use. Adding theme from additional games like Mass Effect, or other TV/Book series not already included in the base game. Looked around the Mods and Utilities forum but nothing jumped out.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2363 on: December 29, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »
Yes. In the tactical map on the left there is a "Miscellaneous" tab, which includes buttons to load additional naming themes and commander naming themes.

Naming themes are formatted in a text file with one name per line. Commander naming themes are three such files, one each for male given names, female given names, and family/surnames; this does not cover every possibility of naming conventions for every culture but for adding names based on TV/books/games/movies it should usually be good enough.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2364 on: January 01, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »
Unrelated sort of dumb questions, I clicked "Wide View" on the Class Design Window on my laptop, and now the Class Design window has become too-wide for me to find the button to return to Normal View (even if I drag the window right or left). How do I get it back to normal size? EDIT: Closing and re-opening the game fixed it!

Second question, is there an easy way to compare lasers and see damages dealt at various ranges? Trying to compare Lasers to Particle Beams; the laser range is farther than my Beam Fire Control range even at 4x, so trying to see how much damage falloff will have occurred for the large laser at the max range of my fire controls.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 02:54:48 PM by ChubbyPitbull »

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2365 on: January 01, 2022, 03:27:46 PM »
Unrelated sort of dumb questions, I clicked "Wide View" on the Class Design Window on my laptop, and now the Class Design window has become too-wide for me to find the button to return to Normal View (even if I drag the window right or left). How do I get it back to normal size? EDIT: Closing and re-opening the game fixed it!

Second question, is there an easy way to compare lasers and see damages dealt at various ranges? Trying to compare Lasers to Particle Beams; the laser range is farther than my Beam Fire Control range even at 4x, so trying to see how much damage falloff will have occurred for the large laser at the max range of my fire controls.

Thanks!

here is the beam weapon Wiki page: http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Beam_Overview

but the TLDR is: lasers lose 50% damage per range multiplier. So as 16 dmg laser (25cm) with a range multiplier of 5 (far ultraviolet) will do 16 dmg at 80,000km, 8 dmg at 160,000km, 4 dmg at 240,000k, etc.

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2366 on: January 01, 2022, 03:35:55 PM »
I found on wiki, that Genetic Modification Centre was not implemented in 1. 12 and I can't find any post about implementing it in 1. 13.  Additionally I can't find any button in game, that would allow to use it (I can build it, but can't use it)>
So is it not implemented in 1. 13 yet, or I'm just an idiot, that can't find the way of using it?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #2367 on: January 01, 2022, 05:16:33 PM »
I found on wiki, that Genetic Modification Centre was not implemented in 1. 12 and I can't find any post about implementing it in 1. 13.  Additionally I can't find any button in game, that would allow to use it (I can build it, but can't use it)>
So is it not implemented in 1. 13 yet, or I'm just an idiot, that can't find the way of using it?
It's still not implemented. Currently there's no indication when it will be re-added.

The following users thanked this post: Voltbot

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2368 on: January 01, 2022, 08:29:13 PM »

Thanks!

There is an entry box on the right-hand side which you can use to specify a specific target range increment, by default it is 10,000 km (x10 increments, so maximum displayed is 100,000 km) but you can set this to whatever you want to match your fire control range.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #2369 on: January 02, 2022, 09:43:03 PM »

Click a component like Lux. Pass. or an orbital module. For some reason, the Normal View button reappears.