Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 56137 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2020, 04:27:08 PM »
Underway replenishment doesn't work after loading up a game.
It works again after researching the next upgrade in the tech tree.   Bug occurs again after closing game.

Reproduced the bug in 1. 9. 5 and 1. 11.

Do you happen to have a db where I could see this happening?

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »
It works again after researching the next upgrade in the tech tree.   Bug occurs again after closing game.

Reproduced the bug in 1. 9. 5 and 1. 11.

Here is a db that shows it.  Load the DB and repeat 5 day increments.  Both fleets will stop due to out-of-fuel at the same time, despite one having a tanker set to refuel.  Reload the game and instant research the next refuelling tech.  The fleet with a tanker will continue after the fleet without one runs out of fuel.

Offline dalmi

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2020, 10:04:51 PM »
Quote from: Bughunter link=topic=11565. msg137527#msg137527 date=1592515628
Quote from: dalmi link=topic=11565. msg136152#msg136152 date=1591324280
It works again after researching the next upgrade in the tech tree.    Bug occurs again after closing game. 

Reproduced the bug in 1.  9.  5 and 1.  11. 

Attaching my DB as well.   
Fleet runs out of fuel with tanker refuel on until you research next level of underway replenishment.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2020, 11:07:56 PM »
Two errors for one database!  Limited time offer!  While supplies last!

Attacking shipyards with beam weapons randomly cancels shipyard tasks for all shipyards, not just the one hit.  Destroying a slipway is not necessary.

In the test game, Player 1 has 7 shipyard tasks and Mankova has 9.  Player 1 has a beam ship armed with one Carronade in orbit of Mars, with orders to attack Mankova's shipyards.  Advance time 5 seconds to fire one shot and then view both players' Shipyard Tasks lists.

Edit: If you have Mankiva's event log open then slipways are reported as destroyed even if none were.  These messages disappear if you switch to Player 1 and then back.
Confirmed

The function number: 551
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: Economics, Shipyards tab
What you were doing at the time: Retooling a shipyard
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial

Attempting to retool a shipyard when no compatible class is available throws this error.  To reproduce in the provided test game, select Player 1, Economics window, Earth, Shipyards, Astaroth Designs Inc., Retool, and Set Activity.
Yes, but I think this can probably be considered WAI. You do something that is clearly wrong and get an error message, but no lasting negative effect from it that I can see.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:07:18 AM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2020, 05:10:38 AM »
Thanks all of you who post db:s with setups to find the bugs, it saves a lot of time for me letting me handle more bugs so in the end saves more time for Steve letting him do more new functionality.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, Magellanic, Gabrote42

Offline boolybooly

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
Lifepods are disappearing when their LS number last showed 13 days 10 hours plus remaining !?

They disappear when you get under 13d:10hr

They seem to be lasting 14 hours not 14 days.   

Typo in the code?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 09:56:26 AM by boolybooly »

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2020, 10:26:07 AM »
Disappearing Jump point and Ships
Game year 77  No Aliens in game yet
Problem First started when i explored a new Jump point. Received Error  1.11.0 FUNCTION #3248 THE KEY GIVEN WAS NOT PRESENT IN THE DICTIONARY. The new system name did not show on galactic map.
after a couple of saves/restarts ( should of saved a DB)  did not resolve problem, next all jump lanes and ships disappeared They are running in background as they appear on events.
 I forwarded game until my tankers were built. on movement screen it still doesn't show jump points. I have attached DB just before tankers are built. I have not got a DB before problem started

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2020, 11:43:47 AM »
I have the same problem (and some additional info) as the one Ektor already posted in v 1. 40 thread ( hxxp:aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10715. msg123331#msg123331 ) but was never resolved.   

When organizing ground formations, trying to set my artillery formation to provide support to another unit (armoured battalion) by dragging it onto the unit I want supported only causes it to become a subformation of the unit - BUT I can do it the other way around (set armoured battalion to support artillery).  Both units are directly subordinate to the same brigade HQ formation, so there shouldn't be a problem in theory.   

What I did manage to figure out (and test as well) is, that the unit doing the supporting needs to have a larger HQ capacity than the one being supported - I made another artillery formation with larger HQ capacity than tank battalion's and this time new artillery unit could support armoured one but armoured couldn't support the new artillery unit anymore.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:46:24 AM by Dreadder »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2020, 11:47:01 AM »
I have the same problem (and some additional info) as the one Ektor already posted in v 1.  40 thread ( hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=10715.  msg123331#msg123331 ) but was never resolved. 

When organizing ground formations, trying to set my artillery formation to provide support to another unit (armoured battalion) by dragging it onto the unit I want supported only causes it to become a subformation of the unit - BUT I can do it the other way around (set armoured battalion to support artillery).   Both units are directly subordinate to the same brigade HQ formation, so there shouldn't be a problem in theory.   

What I did manage to figure out (and test as well) is, that the unit doing the supporting needs to have a larger HQ capacity than the one being supported - I made another artillery formation with larger HQ capacity than tank battalion's and this time new artillery unit could support armoured one but armoured couldn't support the new artillery unit anymore.

I think this is WAI from a code perspective. IMO I agree with the premise that the "smart" drag and drop isn't always as smart as one hopes but that is a suggestion not a bug.

Fortunately for you there is a work around - make your artillery formation:
Have the same parent formation
Have the same HQ size

If you fulfill those two criteria you will be able to have the artillery support the armour and vice versa.

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2020, 12:57:37 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=11565. msg137625#msg137625 date=1592585221
I think this is WAI from a code perspective.  IMO I agree with the premise that the "smart" drag and drop isn't always as smart as one hopes but that is a suggestion not a bug.

Fortunately for you there is a work around - make your artillery formation:
Have the same parent formation
Have the same HQ size

If you fulfill those two criteria you will be able to have the artillery support the armour and vice versa.
Yeah, I already made my artillery units with oversized HQ, I mostly wanted to point it out for others that will encounter the same issue.  :)

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »
Off-Topic: show
During Play, the System Information Window (with the Planets and Moons) does not open. The Taskbar shows a white window, but nothing opens.
From then on starting Aurora creates the following error messages:

1.11.0 Function #483: SQL Logic Error or missing database no such table: FCT_Game
1.11.0 Function #139: The object reference was not set to an object instance
1.11.0 Function #138: The object reference was not set to an object instance

Then the Main Display opens. It is white, with the Taskbars there. The "Display" Sidebar no longer has any boxes checked. Along with it is the next Error code:
1.11.0 Function #142: The object reference was not set to an object instance

Closing this Error/Pressing OK makes the System View the normal blue.

Opening any window makes the Error
1.11.0 Function #155: The object reference was not set to an object instance
EXCEPTION: Opening the Game Setting Window creates the Error

1.11.0 Function #483: SQL Logic Error or missing database no such table: FCT_Game
1.11.0 Function #1699: The object reference was not set to an object instance

And opens an empty Game Information Window.

Closing it brings up the Errors

1.11.0 Function #140: The object reference was not set to an object instance

TN start
Random Stars
decimal separator is period
This is a long campaign (60-65ish yearts)

Normal Play up to then (Only noteworthy things:
-long ago I deleted a Fleet that had ships in them, but that hadnt caused any visible problems, and I could open the System View Window normally
-I discovered more Systems that had no Planets)

Solved, was the White Window problem, but it appears to have wiped the AuroraDB. Using the following fix on the AuroraDBSaveBackup fixed it:
The white preview problem is usually due to a window being positioned off-screen.  The fix is to close all secondary windows, then press the 'Reset Windows' button under the Miscellaneous tab, then save, then close and restart Aurora.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:28:02 PM by Dawa1147 »

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
During Play, the System Information Window (with the Planets and Moons) does not open. The Taskbar shows a white window, but nothing opens.
From then on starting Aurora creates the following error messages:

1.11.0 Function #139: The object reference was not set to an object instance
1.11.0 Function #138: The object reference was not set to an object instance

Then the Main Display opens. It is white, with the Taskbars there. The "Display" Sidebar no longer has any boxes checked. Along with it is the next Error code:
1.11.0 Function #142: The object reference was not set to an object instance

Closing this Error/Pressing OK makes the System View the normal blue.

Opening any window makes the Error
EXCEPTION: Opening the Game Setting Window creates the Error

1.11.0 Function #1699: The object reference was not set to an object instance

And opens an empty Game Information Window.

Closing it brings up the Errors

1.11.0 Function #140: The object reference was not set to an object instance

TN start
Random Stars
decimal separator is period
This is a long campaign (60-65ish yearts)

Normal Play up to then (Only noteworthy things:
-long ago I deleted a Fleet that had ships in them, but that hadnt caused any visible problems, and I could open the System View Window normally
-I discovered more Systems that had no Planets)
That looks like your AuroraDB.db file either got deleted or moved to a different folder.  Aurora then created a new empty file when it started and then panicked when there was no data in it.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2020, 07:17:15 PM »
Disappearing Jump point and Ships
Game year 77  No Aliens in game yet
Problem First started when i explored a new Jump point. Received Error  1.11.0 FUNCTION #3248 THE KEY GIVEN WAS NOT PRESENT IN THE DICTIONARY. The new system name did not show on galactic map.
after a couple of saves/restarts ( should of saved a DB)  did not resolve problem, next all jump lanes and ships disappeared They are running in background as they appear on events.
 I forwarded game until my tankers were built. on movement screen it still doesn't show jump points. I have attached DB just before tankers are built. I have not got a DB before problem started
Edit:That took me way to long to find.  It looks like you found an NPR and it didn't generate properly. That or the repeated attempts to save/restore then somehow ate all gravsurvey data for your game.  The jump points are still there, you just can't see them.  If I delete their system then the 3248 error goes away, but I can't restore your gravsurvey data even in SM mode.  Steve might want to take a look, but I'm afraid that your database is borked.

Just for future reference Aurora automatically backs up to AuroraDBSaveBackup.db and AuroraPreviousSaveBackup.db.  Naturally, if you save three or more times after an error then there is no going back.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:39:01 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Soralin

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »
Disassembling components for research purposes can't complete research projects that aren't actively being researched, and instead produces an error.

1.11.0 Function #2115
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Conventional start
Random stars
Decimal separator is a period
About 20 years into a campaign

It happens when I try to disassemble a component in Earth's stockpile screen, In the event screen it will say something like "40 research points for Missile Launcher Reload Rate 3 gain from disassembly of Size 5 Missile Launcher", and so long as that doesn't result in the completion of the project, everything works as intended.

But if the number of research points gained is greater or equal to the remaining points to complete the project, the error message "1.11.0 Function #2115: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." will appear, and no points will be applied to the project.  The message for gaining research points will still show up in the event log, but it will not actually apply those points to complete the research.

Experimenting around a bit with it, if the project is actively being researched(has a researcher assigned to working on it, not just in the queue), then the process will work and complete the project.

Disassembling main engineering and combat information centre parts doesn't seem to apply their research points correctly at all unless they're actively being researched, and if they're not being researched, sometimes also comes up with this error regardless of completion.

Added to existing disassembly bug report
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:45:53 PM by Bughunter »

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2020, 12:58:15 AM »
The function number: 900, 2899, 2241, 2216
The complete error text: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32
The window affected: When designing ships, or inputting numbers using SM
What you were doing at the time: Adding fuel storage to a ship class, Accessing fleet in Fleet Organization, Adding pop in SM mode
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Has occurred in both
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Should be doable if value inputted exceeds what is allowed
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Managed to do straight at the start

When designing a ship class, couldn't add more fuel than 2,000,000,000 litres as it would give the 2899 error.  The amount of fuel won't go up once that error shows up, no matter how many fuel storage you add.  The same error would occur if the total amount of fuel in a fleet exceeded that value I assume, as no other module would cause this error so far.    In this case, attempts to click on the fleet would cause the 900 error to pop up, but I could still modify the fleet afterwards.   Both have the same message.   When modifying the fuel of a single ship, if different modules are used (for example, a large number of Ultra Large and Super Large) instead of having an error, the fuel value would just disappear from the list entirely. 

Also, if a number is large enough when inputted into the Edit Pop option in SM mode (I think number number increasing number of digits should do the trick), the 2241 error pops up, and after the 2216 error (same message).    Then the population does change.    However, an attempt to return the population to 0 changes the total pop to 0, but make the pop working agriculture some large value, and the pop working manufacturing the same number but negative.    Although I haven't tested this one again, you can cause and error in SM mode when editing or adding things in the civilian economy window.   

I think these errors are probably the same, so I put them in one report.    Are they errors, or just limits to the game?

I have attached a DB with all the fleet related errors
There are three ship classes in them, two with the class related errors of Fuel Modules.  For the one with too much of the same fuel storage type, there should be more fuel storage than the amount of fuel the ship can carry suggests.
The last class is to show the fleet related error, and there is a fleet made which also has that error

I can confirm and have reproduced the 2899 error above if fuel capacity on a ship exceeds 2E9 liters.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:07:31 AM by liveware »
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...